Sponsored

What does anybody know about these Dstrac axles?

VTL

First Name
Wilson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
That’s just it, so you’re going to go back to basically stock-height suspension and then have limited room for articulation before these things start hitting everywhere. It’s not really practical unless you’re building a frame designed to work with the axles. If you’re looking for turn key setup for long arms Dynatrac will ship your axle with the Rock Krawler bracketed all setup for you. Yes they’re expensive but if you’re not going to do some of your own fabrication it’s probably cheaper in the long run.
sorry but you dont need to build a frame to use portals, if this was true nobody would use portals. The point of using portals is to get true ground clearance with a smaller lift. This will keep stock angles so that you have a good ride on road and in the trails.
Sponsored

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GCM 392 - 2019 SG JLUR
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
You won't want full hydraulic steering for an on road application. You can drive full hydraulic anywhere but for a mostly street driven rig I'd stay away from it. Mostly for the clockspring in the steering wheel. It won't stay alive will full hydro.

No reason you can't run traditional steering or steering assist with these axles. Just have to set yourself up for it from the beginning.

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
sorry but you dont need to build a frame to use portals, if this was true nobody would use portals. The point of using portals is to get true ground clearance with a smaller lift. This will keep stock angles so that you have a good ride on road and in the trails.
Agreed. You'll run stock suspension but net the lift the portals gain you. You'll just have the same amount of suspension travel you would when stock. Should that be of concern.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
You do realize up-travel is a thing right?

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Jeep Wrangler JL What does anybody know about these Dstrac axles? 1sz3bh

Seriously, now is the time to jump if you are looking at "big boy" axles. The price of metals is skyrocketing, and quickly because of worldwide shortages. Hell, Dynatrac can't even get pumpkins from the foundry, I'm 12 weeks into a 6-8 week lead time on a set of 60's with a big question mark on actual delivery date. I'm just glad I got my price locked in when I did. These shortages will probably affect all manufacturers no matter where they are based. I'm pretty sure there are only a few foundries worldwide that make pumpkin castings, just like coil springs. If you need something large, that is made of metal, now is the time to act.

Sponsored

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
You buy them and I'll help you get them under your Jeep.
I might have to take you up on that! I work in Thornton so I can't be too far from you. I am targeting paying off my house in August and then I'm planning on axles. My employment is highly commission based which makes things tough to plan around sometimes, but I believe this year is the year

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
I might have to take you up on that! I work in Thornton so I can't be too far from you. I am targeting paying off my house in August and then I'm planning on axles. My employment is highly commission based which makes things tough to plan around sometimes, but I believe this year is the year
I've done many different custom axles so this isn't outside of my abilities. Always looking to learn something new though. :)
Sponsored