Sponsored

What do you wish you did far sooner to your JL?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Onboard air - having the ARB Twin under the hood (using the Grimm mount) is the best thing ever and makes it much easier of a decision to air down at the drop of a hat even if I'm not on too big of a trail. I couldn't stand unbagging and untangling my Viair, airing up for 45 minutes and then getting burned by the melting air line and scorching hot pump trying to stuff it back into the bag in the dark after a long run on trail. Now it's flip the switch, plug into the chuck, ~3-5 min per tire and I'm out, and I don't have to find space for it in the back of my 2 door (same with a giant powertank).
Yup. That is of course until the onboard air stops working. Then it quickly becomes the most expensive, most useless mod ever done. Don’t ask how I know... 😫

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Apply some type of cermanic coating
True. Paint protection is time-sensitive. Once the damage is done, it is irreversible.

OP
OP
sgtfumblefingers

sgtfumblefingers

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 rubicon unlimited xr

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$130 bucks? i'm pretty sure there is somewhere else that can do that cheaper.
@sgtfumblefingers

Well, I know myself, I want an offering that never ever hiccups, is small in physical size.... and an offering that I can easily resell for close to what I purchased it for when I no longer have a need for it.

The SmartStopStart unit is the pick of the litter. It never hiccups and resells way easy...

Icing on the cake so to speak is Customer Service for SmartStopStart is top notch and SmartStopStart is a long long time forum sponsor.. and Steve, the owner of SmartStopStart is a forum member.

Message @SmartStopStart.com and ask Steve to sell his terrific offering to you a forum member, for $100 shipped. I am confident he will oblidge.. He has mentioned in past forum posts, just to ask him and he will sell to a forum member for $100.

MANY here run a SmartStopStart unit...

Sponsored

BadWolf

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Sarge Green)
Enjoyed it. I bought it in February, 2021, and didn't take first trip until August, 2021 (Silverton, CO, and Moab, UT). Due to recent medical condition I couldn't drive it and got tired of paying monthly insurance on a vehicle I couldn't drive and no one else wanted to drive. Sold it because medical restrictions for rest of life would not allow me to go places I would have wanted to (high altitude).

OP
OP
sgtfumblefingers

sgtfumblefingers

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 rubicon unlimited xr
@sgtfumblefingers

Well, I know myself, I want an offering that never ever hiccups, is small in physical size.... and an offering that I can easily resell for close to what I purchased it for when I no longer have a need for it.

The SmartStopStart unit is the pick of the litter. It never hiccups and resells way easy...

Icing on the cake so to speak is Customer Service for SmartStopStart is top notch and SmartStopStart is a long long time forum sponsor.. and Steve, the owner of SmartStopStart is a forum member.

Message @SmartStopStart.com and ask Steve to sell his terrific offering to you a forum member, for $100 shipped. I am confident he will oblidge.. He has mentioned in past forum posts, just to ask him and he will sell to a forum member for $100.

MANY here run a SmartStopStart unit...

for $100, sure I guess why not. About 50% more than a device like this should be. Not everything needs to be expensive.

Last edited:

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
I wish I had mapped out a comprehensive electric/wiring plan before starting into the SPOD, winch, lights, fridge, steps, etc.

If I won the lottery I’d buy another jeep and install the same accessories, but I’d install a single section of large conduit across the firewall, with all the hot leads terminating at the Genesis accessory pole, and extra circuits/lines run to the back for future accessories. As it is now I have a hodgepodge of wires zip-tied to the first conduit I ran across the firewall, and a similar hodgepodge stuffed under the trim. It drives me nuts - but not nuts enough to tear it all apart and start over.

Last edited:

ViperJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'N Wrangler JL Rubicon
Sold it when the time was right and could get more than I paid for it three years later. Then bought a newer one now.

Sponsored

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
Where did you mount it?
According to his post he mounted it under the hood, using the Grimm mount.

I mounted mine in the back using the American Adventure Lab mount. That’s a good solution IF you also install their MASS storage floor, as it allows heat to escape the compressor space.

DWaX

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Put a 2" Rancho lift on within the first 3 months back in September 2018, great lift but should have gone straight to my metalcloak 3.5"

WaX

Sparty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Sold) 04 TJ, 21 JTR, 21 JLR
for $100, sure I guess why not. About 50% more than a device like this should be.
Just a thought....

Plan your future mods/plans for your rig. If it includes regearing, tire size/lift, etc....you may want to look into a Tazer mini for the JL. You'll be ~30% there in cost with what you're looking at for stopping the ASS

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just a thought....

Plan your future mods/plans for your rig. If it includes regearing, tire size/lift, etc....you may want to look into a Tazer mini for the JL. You'll be ~30% there in cost with what you're looking at for stopping the ASS
Indeed you need to think....

Agreed.... but I do not recommend using the Tazer JL for regearing.
Sponsored