Sponsored

What do you wish was different on your JL?

au176

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Islander, 2014 HD Road King
Only thing that repeatedly bugs me, the LED light package is so bright or the beam pattern is so high, I’m constantly getting high beams/brights from oncoming traffic who think I’m an ignorant dick, at which point I blast them with my 7” rigid fogs to live up to that first impression, but it’s literally every time I drive at night.
They can be adjusted. I have the factory LED's, drive mostly at night, and have never been flashed...
Sponsored

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURe Tuscadero, Black '05 Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
I can think of a couple things;
1. Why the seat/steering wheel heaters work from OUTSIDE temperature rather than vehicle interior temperature, I will never understand.

6. A wee bit more power (V6) would be nice. If they brag about the Rubicon being able to take larger tires without any other mods, then it should come with enough power.
It's pretty awesome when shopping or it's been parked at work. My wife just remote starts a couple minutes before she's ready to leave and everything is nice and cozy by the time she's ready to go.

If you'd like more power, abandon the V6. It's the dog of the JL lineup.

au176

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wish they hadn't put a wiring harness connection in the front passenger wheel well. What the hell were they thinking? I asked the dealer if that was normal, and he said, "can't be", but then we looked at the other 2021 JL's on the lot, and they were all like mine.

THAT won't become a problem down the road after being covered with water, salt, slush, mud, etc.. :facepalm::swear:

Jeep Wrangler JL What do you wish was different on your JL? IMG_9367 copy

Rangemaster

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Business Owner
I wish they hadn't put a wiring harness connection in the front passenger wheel well. What the hell were they thinking? I asked the dealer if that was normal, and he said, "can't be", but then we looked at the other 2021 JL's on the lot, and they were all like mine.

THAT won't become a problem down the road after being covered with water, salt, slush, mud, etc.. :facepalm::swear:

Jeep Wrangler JL What do you wish was different on your JL? IMG_9367 copy
That is your front fog lights, I relocated mine to the other side when I went with a aftermarket bumper.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Not sure if it's me, but I can't seem to set the vehicle in 'accessory' mode and leave the radio on for any more than about 20 minutes before the vehicle decides I have lost interest and shuts everything off. Have not figured that one out yet.
My Wrangler does the same thing. That function likely exists to protect the battery from discharging below a certain voltage threshold. IOW, the automatic power cut preserves the battery's ability to crank the engine.

The value of that programming is manifested when one monitors the dashboard's voltage display during those 20 minutes that the vehicle's battery is powering the head unit, and the 8/9 speakers.

Sponsored

au176

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That is your front fog lights, I relocated mine to the other side when I went with a aftermarket bumper.
Thanks, Rangemaster- good to know! Still a bad design...

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
That is was big enough to carry my Golf Cart... Should a got a JT :LOL:

Jeep Wrangler JL What do you wish was different on your JL? 5608

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
Better quality paint, atleast better coverage. I also would like Apple CarPlay on the 7” screen to actually be full screen. When in use, it’s no bigger then my plus model phone. Of course I don’t think ESS should have ever been implemented into the design.

My biggest complaint and most noticeable on a daily bases is the soft top. I don’t like that the side and back windows can’t be rolled up, takes up way to much space. Also the top when folded back aways seems to be pinching somewhere, it’s not going to last.

Then there’s dealer service and experience... It’s a let down from the top down.

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
That instead of FCA making a high compression 3.6L that has been in no way leveraged to create more HP, that they would have twin-turbocharged it.

Also, they should have followed MB's lead and made the oil cooler and filter housing as an integrated unit from 100% aluminum with only the oil filter cap made from plastic.

The other idiosyncrasies I can live with...

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
That instead of FCA making a high compression 3.6L that has been in no way leveraged to create more HP, that they would have twin-turbocharged it.

Also, they should have followed MB's lead and made the oil cooler and filter housing as an integrated unit from 100% aluminum with only the oil filter cap made from plastic.

The other idiosyncrasies I can live with...
Well, that second part you can do on your own.

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Well, that second part you can do on your own.
Yes, I know that Dorman makes a replacement, but given that MB "owned" them previously, it would have been much better if they had taken their experience and incorporated it from the factory--especially with the issues with the JK series.

i.e. - learn from previous mistakes.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Yes, I know that Dorman makes a replacement, but given that MB "owned" them previously, it would have been much better if they had taken their experience and incorporated it from the factory--especially with the issues with the JK series.

i.e. - learn from previous mistakes.
For whatever reason, they were pretty adamant about saving a few pounds of engine weight on this one. I don’t get why.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
My biggest complaint and most noticeable on a daily bases is the soft top. I don’t like that the side and back windows can’t be rolled up, takes up way to much space.

Also the top when folded back always seems to be pinching somewhere, it’s not going to last.
Plastic window removal on the JLs is straightforward, but I too miss the utility of a rear window that is designed to be rolled up (as it was on my YJ).

As for pinching, yes, I've noticed that meself too. FWIW, that's been an issue on every convertible I've owned, irrespective of brand.