Sponsored

What do you wish was different on your JL?

J.Ralston

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited.
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Law Enforcement, Self Defense/Firearms Trainer, Professional Musician, Off Road Enthusiast.
Hello everyone. So on your JL, what are some things that you wish were different and/or could have come from the factory different?

I have a few things.

1. No eTorque! I would have much preferred to have been able to have a traditional automotive battery and alternator as opposed to the eTorque nonsense!

2. ESS either not on my Jeep or the ability to have it always off without having to buy a new Taser system.

3. Fog lights on completely independently. So if the headlight are off, on low beams or on high beams.

4. The front and rear cameras able to turn on whenever you wanted them on and not just at low speeds and/or in 4 hi or 4 lo.

5. The ability to lock the rear differential in 2 hi, 4 hi and 4 lo.

6. The ability to lock the front differential independent from the rear differential and in 4 hi as well, and not just 4 lo with the rear differential locked. I think the new Ford Bronco has this capability and I really wish the JL Rubicon did as well.

7. To be able to disconnect the sway bar in 2 hi, 4 hi and 4 lo. There’s a trail I want to do but on certain portions there will be some very tight turns and I may have to put my JLUR in 2 hi in order to be able to turn really shop in either direction in order to make the turns.

8. I really wish the 392 V-8 and the Extreme Recon package was already available and known when I ordered my 2021 JLUR last November 30th, of 2020. Same thing as well with the Gorilla glass and half doors also. But oh well, to late to order those things now.

9. I wish the rear tire carrier swung out independent of the rear door.

10. I wish the rear seats center seat had the cup holder in the back of the headrest like there are on some of the interiors. Why they made some different than others I will never know?

11. A bigger gas tank!

12. An old school ignition that used a key. I hate push button ignitions and don’t trust them at all!
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Hello everyone. So on your JL, what are some things that you wish were different and/or could have come from the factory different?

I have a few things.

1. No eTorque! I would have much preferred to have been able to have a traditional automotive battery and alternator as opposed to the eTorque nonsense!

2. ESS either not on my Jeep or the ability to have it always off without having to buy a new Taser system.

3. Fog lights on completely independently. So if the headlight are off, on low beams or on high beams.

4. The front and rear cameras able to turn on whenever you wanted them on and not just at low speeds and/or in 4 hi or 4 lo.

5. The ability to lock the rear differential in 2 hi, 4 hi and 4 lo.

6. The ability to lock the front differential independent from the rear differential and in 4 hi as well, and not just 4 lo with the rear differential locked. I think the new Ford Bronco has this capability and I really wish the JL Rubicon did as well.

7. To be able to disconnect the sway bar in 2 hi, 4 hi and 4 lo. There’s a trail I want to do but on certain portions there will be some very tight turns and I may have to put my JLUR in 2 hi in order to be able to turn really shop in either direction in order to make the turns.

8. I really wish the 392 V-8 and the Extreme Recon package was already available and known when I ordered my 2021 JLUR last November 30th, of 2020. Same thing as well with the Gorilla glass and half doors also. But oh well, to late to order those things now.

9. I wish the rear tire carrier swung out independent of the rear door.

10. I wish the rear seats center seat had the cup holder in the back of the headrest like there are on some of the interiors. Why they made some different than others I will never know?

11. A bigger gas tank!

12. An old school ignition that used a key. I hate push button ignitions and don’t trust them at all!
Numbers…..2,3,4,5,6,7 can be achieved with the tazer mini …….. I know because I can do all of those things, with the exception of locking the front diff only, but I can do that too if I hook up my aux switch locker harnesses. Can’t help you with the rest of it……

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
So 90% of the things that Tazer does is what you want. I agree except having the rear tire swing independent from the tailgate. I had that on my TJ and it was a pain in the soul.

OP
OP
J.Ralston

J.Ralston

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Law Enforcement, Self Defense/Firearms Trainer, Professional Musician, Off Road Enthusiast.
Numbers…..2,3,4,5,6,7 can be achieved with the tazer mini …….. I know because I can do all of those things, with the exception of locking the front diff only, but I can do that too if I hook up my aux switch locker harnesses. Can’t help you with the rest of it……
That’s awesome to know that the Tazer will do all of those things. I was only aware of a few of them. The sooner I can get one the better!

Dale's Jeep

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL 4door Rubicon
Occupation
Retired U.S. Army 23 years
Window switch location and the 2 stems on steering colum. Combine them into one, turn signal, wipers etc on one stem. Thats it for me.

Sponsored

OBD

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jl Wrangler ,2016Soul,Dyna,Sportster,HD
I absolutely despise the ESS two battery system.....one buried in a ridiculous place......As soon as I can delete it.....It's gone! I am not really fond of what you have to do to install a set of plugs either.I do love the Jeep overall!

OP
OP
J.Ralston

J.Ralston

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I absolutely despise the ESS two battery system.....one buried in a ridiculous place......As soon as I can delete it.....It's gone! I am not really fond of what you have to do to install a set of plugs either.I do love the Jeep overall!
Can you elaborate on what needs to be done to install a set of spark plugs? And on what engine?

west tex

First Name
Skoro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2dr 80th Edition, 2017 Renegade Trailhawk
Occupation
Retired, as in "Tired again"
To me, locking differentials and Rubicon suspension should be available as an option across the Wrangler line-up.

OBD

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jl Wrangler ,2016Soul,Dyna,Sportster,HD
Can you elaborate on what needs to be done to install a set of spark plugs? And on what engine?
3.6 Pentastar......I believe you have to remove the intake plenum .....not an easy task.Check out Youtube.

Sponsored

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

1. Cooled seats (still boggles my mind that Wranglers don't have this option, as much of a summer/hot environment vehicle as it is)
  2. The ability to control the HVAC/heated seats/steering wheel from within the Uconnect app (so when I remote start, I can tell it to also turn these on/adjust the temperature)
  3. A tailgate that drops (like a truck) vs a swing-out
  4. Heads-Up Display
  5. Wireless Android Auto
  6. More storage up front. The console is big, but it's more like a big tall well. And if you get one of those little console trays, it's more manageable but hard to fit a modern smartphone in there.
That's about it, really. Otherwise I'm pretty well in love with it.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
It would require that other request; a spare tire carrier that swings out separately.
Ugh, no thanks. Having to swing the tire carrier WIDE open... so that the tailgate can then drop down...seems like a poor design just to put a gym bag or a grocery bag back there.

If the drop down tailgate was a desired feature, the aftermarket industry would have built it by now.
Sponsored