Sponsored

What do you use to take your Jeep hard top off

RAZA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara, Granite Crystal
Vehicle Showcase
Those six bolts in the back that you take out does anyone have the wing nuts that you can buy just curious I saw them online for $30 it was six Wingnuts and you can undo them very quick when taking the top off
I picked up a set of the GPCA Quick release pros' with their new D tie downs they just released for exactly the reason you are after. Still stuck with having to undo the two bolts on the top of the sports bar in the front with a tool, so getting one of the battery operated ratchets others have mentioned would still be a good go.

They do have a sale on, sell the quick release pro's separately, or offer a combo with the D tie downs. Just double check you pick the JL specific ones - https://www.gpca.us/shop/jeep-wrangler-jl-jk-hardtop-quick-release/
Sponsored

laueddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon (Black - Hardtop)
For those of you who have the top lift pro, Do you think it's possible to take the hard top off along with a Roof Top Tent on top?

nova99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW X5 50i Black Sapphire, 2019 GMC Sierra Denali 2500 Duramax Ebony Twilight, 2018 JLUR Bright White
Top Lift Pro. Too easy to resist.

Kraty1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
Occupation
Sales & Marketing
Can these tops not be lifted on and off with pure will power? (Honest question) I wouldn’t put it down on the ground like this guy, but seems a lot faster, cheaper, and practical than everything else on this thread....

This.Is.Great!

Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I agree I don't like the fact its in the air if it falls you break all the glass

Jcsieman

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS, Lexus RX 350
I agree I don't like the fact its in the air if it falls you break all the glass
See my pic a few a posts up where I have the tables right behind my Jeep....very hard to mess it up since it is such a short period you have it in the air.

That said, I am 6’3” and the height helps. If you are 6’0” it probably won’t work for you.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
See my pic a few a posts up where I have the tables right behind my Jeep....very hard to mess it up since it is such a short period you have it in the air.

That said, I am 6’3” and the height helps. If you are 6’0” it probably won’t work for you.
I am 5 10 and my wife's 5 2 lol. But we could put it on the table I like putting it on the tables instead of the floor that way not as far to bend down to the floor.

noloc45

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2004 IS300
Occupation
QA Engineer/RPA Dev
Anyone hand lift this by themselves?

Im 5'6 and lift decent weight at the gym. I understand its an "awkward" shape to lift also, so Im not at all saying I can easily lift this due to my gym accomplishments but just throwing it out there that Im not a weak person either.

Sponsored

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
Anyone hand lift this by themselves?

Im 5'6 and lift decent weight at the gym. I understand its an "awkward" shape to lift also, so Im not at all saying I can easily lift this due to my gym accomplishments but just throwing it out there that Im not a weak person either.
It weighs about 100 pounds (just the top, not freedom panels), so if you can military press that much then maybe. I say good luck, it would be tough to balance and maneuver it even if you can handle the weight.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I did see a video one time on YouTube it was on a JK I think the guy says can you take the top off by yourself let's see he gets in the back this guy's probably about 6'4 280 looks like a linebacker on the football team and he's so tall and strong he had no problem. He lifts it up slides his butt off to the back walks right up with a overhead sits in the grass in the front yard and says no problem pretty funny but when you're about 6'4 280 it probably wouldn't be a problem

noloc45

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2004 IS300
Occupation
QA Engineer/RPA Dev
It weighs about 100 pounds (just the top, not freedom panels), so if you can military press that much then maybe. I say good luck, it would be tough to balance and maneuver it even if you can handle the weight.
I absolutely can. But I do have problems with awkward shapes lol

My smitty bumpers came in and the box was so weird I had a hard time carrying it because I could quite figure out how to get a good angle in it. It was a pain.

Alright, just curious if anyone else does it this way. Thanks

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I'd be scared to break the glass then you're out lots of money a guy the other day showed he was lifting it up with a hoist and for some reason was moving it back and something hit it I don't remember what but something snapped hit the back glass and broke it and I think he broke a side Glass hell you break all three two sides in the back of your talkin probably $1,000 at least if not more to repair all three pieces of glass not to mention probably still hard to get it anywhere I don't know where you would go to get that fixed. I think I'm just going to have a friend help me and set it on the ground I have plenty of room in my garage. The other side of my garage doesn't get used. I put my Jeep in on one side and wifes suburban is too big to pull in.so I've got the other side empty I'll just set it on the ground. Even the top row that everyone buys I don't want to spend a thousand for it plus I just don't trust it sitting in there and I don't trust the anchor bolts in the ceiling and have it held with straps my luck something would happen and it would fall that's the kind of like I have bad luck all the time LOL. If it wasn't for bad luck I wouldn't have no luck at all. Lol. I've got plenty of room I feel safer just have it set on the ground. Thing about Texas weather it'll show no rain for the next 7 days you take your top off and then the next day or at least 2 days after it rains. I would like to take the top and all the doors off and enjoy it for at least a week. Hard to do that in Texas. We always get rain when you don't expect it. I want a set of those rugged Ridge doors they're only like 1,000 for all 4 doors. And they look really good for that price well made. I like the handle the way it opens and closes. Only negative thing I saw was it look like they'd be very easy for someone to take them off and steal them if you were parked somewhere with no one around. Think it'd be a little harder for someone to steal. I did see a boat one time that had a lock don't know they make it for the JL but it went through the hinge and had like a key for like a wilke and you could not take it off unless you have the lock.I mean $1,000 and some or even twice as much for a set of doors I don't want to get them stolen. People will steal anything if it's not bolted down. I saw her recently where someone posted they had a freaking tail light stolen. TheThe bl spot indicator ones are pretty expensive around $750 I been told