Sponsored

What do you store in your JL rear under floor cargo bin?

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer

bhagen

First Name
Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
What are you powering?
It's mainly there for a fridge, but I've got a raspberry pi hooked up that I'm using for a handful of mostly silly coding projects.
Also have a 400watt inverter I'd like to upgrade to 1kw at some point. Honestly don't have a reason to do most of this other than "because I can." :)

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
It's mainly there for a fridge, but I've got a raspberry pi hooked up that I'm using for a handful of mostly silly coding projects.
Also have a 400watt inverter I'd like to upgrade to 1kw at some point. Honestly don't have a reason to do most of this other than "because I can." :)
I think a battery is a good idea to have, with these electronic heavy vehicles. That's the one area that I worry about when I'm 30 miles from nowhere and no one. I can fix a flat and get out of being stuck, and maybe even fix a broken mechanical part. But being out of all the electrical juice is a scary thought. I use my JLUR for hunting, so traveling with another vehicle is unlikely.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Small ratchet & socket set
Etc.
One more thing:
A roll of toilet paper, compressed in a vacuum-sealed pouch, paired with a package of wet wipes.

I've only ever been caught short once, on a drive home from college. An interstate pull-off with bordering trees appeared just in time.

The foregoing occurred years ago, but the memory remains. And so both of our other vehicles have the same Convenience Pack, as I call them, stowed in the spare tire well.

Perhaps I'll add this complementary item at some point.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I don't wish to take the thread off topic or make a political statement, but your thoughts about ammo count reminds me of a cop, who for good reasons, shares what I think are your thoughts on--"you can never have too much ammo."

Interesting story, I thought, about the good guy not being outgunned:

To me a it matters how many you have loaded into mags. 100 rounds in a box is just slightly better than worthless. If you need them and they are in a box, what do you do call a time out while you reload mags?

If it is not in a mag, it is not self defense rounds. Just like guns unloaded guns in a locked gun safe.

Sponsored

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Maybe it's already been mentioned, but having a code reader/reset device is probably a good idea, trail or town. It's likely to be as helpful as a wrench these days.

Logalinipoo

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jlur diesel, 2011 grand cherokee overland sum
Arb single compressor hardwired and hard hosed in.

Some of grandma's ashes to spread here and there. A few spare bushings, 100ah lithium battery and redarc charger. Fuse block, a few small misc things I hope to rarely use

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
OK folks, I've been taking notes, and just ordered the small 8ft trailer to haul all this stuff everywhere I go. :captain:
Yeah, that's not gonna be big enough.

Sponsored

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
Are we all going to just gloss over "grandma's ashes"?

I keep switching stuff out as I get more. Currently it's a small air compressor (not hard wired or anything), recovery strap, and breaker bar with 22 mm deep socket. I used to have my jump starter in there, but then realized I don't have a key hole on the tailgate, so if the battery is dead, it might be easier to grab that from under the back seat. I think I'm going to see if the recovery strap will fit under the seat (it's taking a lot of room), and if so, I may move some misc. tools and cold weather emergency type stuff in there.

RedBaron91

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray JLR
The subwoofer :rock:

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Has anyone tried to make the area larger? With an aftermarket exhaust, there is a large void under the storage compartment. It would be cool to make it a bit deeper.
Sounds like you'd be the first. Someone with good metal skills could do it pretty quick. Easiest way would be to just deepen it by cutting about halfway down, horizontally, drop the bottom down and flat strap around, weld it up. Or you could find a totaled one in the junkyard and cut it up high and cut yours down lower, add in the taller piece. Half the weld seam.
Sponsored