Sponsored

What do you recommend as users of Jeep for safest step in or step out for Rubicon 4DR

MIchaela

First Name
Michaela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon Unlimited 4DR 2021
We are in our 50s and like Rubicon 4DR. Being 20 y.o. it would not be any problem to get into a car but now we need to decide what to choose whether side steps, side bars, or running boards...for the safest entry into Rubicon 4DR and also to step out of our car (including bad weather when running or snowing)....we cannot experience each option since dealers do not have those..so we need to choose...
Could you help us decide? Many thanks in advance for all your comments/suggestions.
Sponsored

cOtter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Sahara 2.0L Ocean Blue Metallic, Toyota Highlander & Pontiac G6 coupe
Occupation
Senior Manager PM (Automotive OEM)
Iā€™m not sure what your plans are for your Jeep.

I have a ā€˜20 Sahara and it has the standard running rails that comes with the Sahara.

it works great for our needs. I just turned 50. My wife will be 50 later this year.

We donā€™t plan on maneuvering over large rocks or other really rugged terrain.
Jeep Wrangler JL What do you recommend as users of Jeep for safest step in or step out for Rubicon 4DR 387D02A9-34EB-4B05-82D8-074E9941836B

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Iā€™m 47. Have Sahara side steps on my ā€˜20 Sport Altitude. No issues getting in or out. Jeep is stock.

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
We are in our 50s and like Rubicon 4DR. Being 20 y.o. it would not be any problem to get into a car but now we need to decide what to choose whether side steps, side bars, or running boards...for the safest entry into Rubicon 4DR and also to step out of our car (including bad weather when running or snowing)....we cannot experience each option since dealers do not have those..so we need to choose...
Could you help us decide? Many thanks in advance for all your comments/suggestions.
My wife is 51, I'm 47. She has the stock sidesteps posted by @cOtter on her JLU and they are great.

If you're looking for something a little different, the Mopar tubular side steps are really nice and a little more rugged looking than the standard steps.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/tubular-side-steps-jeep-wrangler-unlimited-jl

I have the 2-door version on my JL and really like them.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Could you help us decide?
The LOD Destroyer Series Rock Sliders
Jeep Wrangler JL What do you recommend as users of Jeep for safest step in or step out for Rubicon 4DR 1619058682794

I had the opportunity to demo one in person and they were HIGH on my list for my passengers before I settled on the Mopar Performance Rock Rails.

The LODs have a decent size step for almost anyone to be able to easily step in and out of the Wrangler. These steps have holes in the step to prevent feet from slipping during slippery conditions and also donā€™t require any additional drilling.