Sponsored

What do you miss having from your previous vehicle that the JL doesn't have?

Blazing Saddles

First Name
Not Sure
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Jeep
Occupation
Staring at this forum
People still use CDs? Well, I guess not.
Maybe not, but it was nice having one that played MP3s. I could load 5 or 6 albums on a CD and not have to worry about bad music, changing channels, loading my phone, or losing connection. And yes, I lose XM constantly travelling around out here.
Sponsored

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Maybe not, but it was nice having one that played MP3s. I could load 5 or 6 albums on a CD and not have to worry about bad music, changing channels, loading my phone, or losing connection. And yes, I lose XM constantly travelling around out here.
You lose XM a lot? It's extremely rare for me to lose it.

RubiGrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Ditto for me, but mine was an RS5. That 444hp naturally aspirated V8 with an 8,250 RPM redline was an absolute beast. Roared like a Ferrari at those engine speeds, but it sat idle in my garage for months after I bought my first Rubicon. It had to go.
Yup, same situation.

If I bought the Jeep, I would need to finish storage for the Audi, and then I’m not using it and it’s depreciating in value, so might as well sell the Audi to get as much for it as I can and put it towards the Jeep.

I still think the Audi 5 series from 2013-2016 are nicer looking then the new ones.

Blazing Saddles

First Name
Not Sure
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Jeep
Occupation
Staring at this forum
You lose XM a lot? It's extremely rare for me to lose it.
Yeah, I think it needs Southern exposure. I lose it on roads that cut on the north side of the slopes. For instance, at my house, I cannot get XM, radio, or cell signal.

OldBlue

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See my Signature
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Aerospace Forgings Test Lab
Vehicle Showcase
My 2019 Mustang GT had adaptive cruise. I know it's available on the JL, but none of ours have it. I loved it on my Mustang. The rest of the car, not so much...

Sponsored

Xorak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hellayella Sport, 2023 Reign Sahara
picture if you will a device that will do the same thing and instead of 5 or 6 albums, you can enjoy thousands of them... it will also make phone calls.

jg45

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon
I miss comfortable seats, leg room, and the confidence of a usable warranty (current one is useless to me if it is 2-4 months for the dealer to even look at it, much less any work to be done).

Old Dogger

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKR, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Retired High level Management.
The deep mellow sounding exhaust on my Escalade.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Yup, same situation.

If I bought the Jeep, I would need to finish storage for the Audi, and then I’m not using it and it’s depreciating in value, so might as well sell the Audi to get as much for it as I can and put it towards the Jeep.

I still think the Audi 5 series from 2013-2016 are nicer looking then the new ones.
I visibly cringed the first time I walked into the dealership and saw a 4 door RS5. WTF?

And yes, we had a few cars back when I took this shot. None of them appreciated the steep climb into our current place.

Jeep Wrangler JL What do you miss having from your previous vehicle that the JL doesn't have? IMG_20170910_182652

Jeep Wrangler JL What do you miss having from your previous vehicle that the JL doesn't have? IMG_20180608_162942

Sponsored

RubiGrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
I visibly cringed the first time I walked into the dealership and saw a 4 door RS5. WTF?

And yes, we had a few cars back when I took this shot. None of them appreciated the steep climb into our current place.
Nice!

I miss mine sometimes. It was a custom order from Germany. Had the Black optic package, carbon fibre interior accents and red/black seats.

Jeep Wrangler JL What do you miss having from your previous vehicle that the JL doesn't have? 36EEAEC5-4201-48CC-83BD-342BF6B9BF4F

This Is the replacement (same colour scheme)
Jeep Wrangler JL What do you miss having from your previous vehicle that the JL doesn't have? 747C20D8-979E-401D-A7BA-D4A02A67311E

SparkleTooth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stellantis SUCKS
I miss comfortable seats, leg room, and the confidence of a usable warranty (current one is useless to me if it is 2-4 months for the dealer to even look at it, much less any work to be done).
Yes 100% one reason I hesitated buying yet another jeep was the horrid customer service at jeep dealers. I’ve owned a lot of different vehicles and jeep service is truly the worst every time.

Sidewalk

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
I have my music on a thumb drive. Basically like using a CD/MP3, but with more music and less frisbee.

swampflyer

First Name
rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jlr-2015 jette tdi-2013 mb
Occupation
retired
If they would sell prerecorded thumb/flash drives it would solve a million problems and make for a happy bunch of people. As usual the 2percent making decisions for all of us because they think they are right and we are wrong. My other vehicles give you a choice I can use cd, mp3 or thumb drive. Oh I forgot they are not FCA , oh my something must have come over me, I must be loosing my mind.

MayThe4x4BWU

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLURXR
Occupation
IT Small Business Owner
I have a feeling that I'm going to miss the proximity sensor things when I pull into my garage. I've gotten used to my SRT screaming at me when I get somewhat close to walls/lockers/garbage cans, etc that are stowed around my spot in the garage.

I decided against that safety, whatever the package is called on my JL order. Mostly because I thought it's one more thing that can/will break at some point while out and about on trails, etc. Along with being restricted on aftermarket bumper options for front and rear, since many have no provision for the sensors.

I admit, one of the reasons I ordered a front trail cam, was to make up for the lack of those sensors (in front at least) 😅
Sponsored