Sponsored

What do you miss having from your previous vehicle that the JL doesn't have?

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I really miss manual AC controls.
If you mean analog knobs in lieu of touchscreen controls, the former are still available on certain Wrangler trim levels.
Sponsored

Thane

First Name
Thane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURXR, 10 FJ Cruiser
Yes, I never use the touch screen for HVAC.
I have the knobs and temp buttons, but they are not analog on Rubicon, wish they were.
Climate control commonly turns the blower on high, very annoying and will mix heat unnecessarily. If a passenger did this much button mashing I would tell them to get out.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, I never use the touch screen for HVAC.
I have the knobs and temp buttons, but they are not analog on Rubicon, wish they were.
Climate control commonly turns the blower on high, very annoying and will mix heat unnecessarily. If a passenger did this much button mashing I would tell them to get out.
You got the wrong avatar.

JLTruman

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler jlus bright white
Vehicle Showcase
my 05 G35 had a sweet function that if I held the unlock button on the fob all the windows and sunroof opened, the Jeep is the most fun vehicle I have owned

Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
my 05 G35 had a sweet function that if I held the unlock button on the fob all the windows and sunroof opened
My Honda Ridgeline had a similar feature...

...which I discovered by accident when I returned to the vehicle (in a parking lot) on a rainy afternoon. The interior was a bit wet because all four windows were lowered exactly 2". They were raised when I originally parked the vehicle.

It seems the relevant fob button was correctly, if unintentionally, pressed in the manner required to lower the windows in the synchronized manner that I observed after the fact. A quick peek in the Owner's Manual confirmed what happened. After that episode, I made sure to handle the key fob more carefully.

mnjeeper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 2021 JLUR
A/C seats, Auto wipers, auto high beams. Those are first to mind.

Sponsored

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Moving from an Audi A3 plug-in hybrid I miss the 100+ mpg I was getting. Used almost solely electric during the week between home and work (charged up free at work each day). Filled up ~4 times a year (10 gallon tank).
Wow!

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Agreed. I just upgraded to 8.4" Uconnect and it has Nav in it, but will likely never use it unless I just want to quickly look at the map to see where I am, etc. I use Waze or Google/Apple Maps for navigation since they are so much better and always up to date as well.

OnX Offroad and Gaia GPS look interesting for off-road type navigation tools and I think both will work via CarPlay.
Yes Gaia has been great so far. Even used it with a rental car in the French Alps this past week. Love it.

Cuyose

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Data Analyst
Adaptive turning headlights. Had them on CX-5, and can't figure out why Jeep doesn't do this with different settings for off-roading. Having the lights turn sharp in the direction you are going would be awesome.

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link
Adaptive turning headlights. Had them on CX-5, and can't figure out why Jeep doesn't do this with different settings for off-roading. Having the lights turn sharp in the direction you are going would be awesome.
True. Come to think of it, this is something I have on the Renegade that would be nice on the Wrangler.
Sponsored