Sponsored

What Do You Lose? - Cloth Seats vs Leather (Katzkin Related)

JEEPJL

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep unlimted Sahara JL
Vehicle Showcase
How well is that arm rest attached? The headrest supports it for weight being applied. Reversing it takes away the support when it is down. If you had a passenger adjust themselves and put weight on it with their arm do you have any concerns with them breaking it in some way?
You only flip it around when you fold the seat down ...otherwise the cupholder of the head rest will hit the newly installed cup holders on the floor

when the seats go back up you just flip back around
Sponsored

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
You only flip it around when you fold the seat down ...otherwise the cupholder of the head rest will hit the newly installed cup holders on the floor

when the seats go back up you just flip back around
Ahh I see that makes sense. I was worried about you having an "Oh Shit" moment. :like:

JEEPJL

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ahh I see that makes sense. I was worried about you having an "Oh Shit" moment. :like:
I think it will work fine.. Ill be getn best of both worlds......
. For back seat anyway

Shodan01

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR (Mine), '66 Bronco U13 (Hers), '66 Mustang Fastback (Mine), '18 Audi S8 Plus (Mine), '18 Audi RS7 (Hers)
I guess my question was when installing Katzkins, do you remove the leather or does it go over? If I remove the leather that comes on the Jeep, then will it install on the cloth seats (to resale).

OP
OP
No Bamboozle

No Bamboozle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2005 BMW M3
I guess my question was when installing Katzkins, do you remove the leather or does it go over? If I remove the leather that comes on the Jeep, then will it install on the cloth seats (to resale).
I believe they remove whatever is there, whether it's cloth or leather. The original cover is then replaced with the Katzkin one. I would definitely check with a dealer or installer to be sure, but I can't see it going any other way.

Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Heat/Cool switches will probably be located on side of seats vs. center stack, if that matters to you. (i.e. If passenger doesn't turn it off, you have to remember to do it which will require getting to that side of the truck)

Seat cooling kinda useless in a convertible, IMO. (Kinda useless in general, really. I had it in my Raptor and have it, now, in my Yukon. Both vehicles implemented the feature similarly - fan under the seat blows up your butt. Guess Katzkin would be the same. When cabin is cool from A/C it's OK, though it sorta makes you feel like you pissed your pants. When cabin is hot, all it does is blow hot air up your butt. I just fart when I want that sensation. Don't get me wrong, I do turn it on because I have it so, "why not?", but I won't miss it in my Wrangler. Oh, and it's noisy and annoying to rear passengers.)

My vote is for factory leather.
i did not spend the money on it either when filling my order sheet out. the cab is not that big and like all my other trucks i had it didn't take long for the heat or AC on high to work very quick. thats money i didn't want to waste as far as i think it was

Katzkin

First Name
Katzkin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Hi All, new sponsor here and I read through this post and wanted to offer a little info. Katzkin has had a partnership with Mopar (FCA) since 2003. We have been available as a Mopar accessory and have also been available as a factory option on select models including the JK for several years. I happy to say we will also be available on the JL starting in June 2018. One item to clarify, this Katzkin factory option will not have the rear armrest, or the leather door pulls.(option code CBS/CBQ)
With regard to cooled/heated seats - In our aftermarket division we offer a product called Degreez. Degreez is a cooled (not just ventilated) and heated seat system. https://katzkinvrs.com/_manage_/res/marketing/DegreezCutAwaySheet_Cropped.pdf
However, we currently cannot offer the Degreeez product for the JL. We are working very hard to have it available by the end of June or sooner!
Keep in mind when adding the Degreez product, you must also add a new leather interior with foam the is designed to allow the air to pass through and the leather insert of the seat must be perforated.

JEEPJL

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I had the guys swap out the back of the console with the stock cup holders today after getting my 1st oil change . 4 screws and 2 clips secure both .

The design is a little messed up because of the two bottom screws and the difficulty getting at them so I decided to leave them off for now and if it decides to separate I will go back and have them added .

Other than that - it fits perfect and tight to the main console and when you drop the seat down it does touch but barely so if your hauling something with weight you can either pull out the center head rest and flip it around ...or you can just leave it out and slide it under the front seat for the time you need the seat down .

works great - cost me $71.00 total labor and materials

20180517_093708.jpg

20180517_094806.jpg

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
I had the guys swap out the back of the console with the stock cup holders today after getting my 1st oil change . 4 screws and 2 clips secure both .

The design is a little messed up because of the two bottom screws and the difficulty getting at them so I decided to leave them off for now and if it decides to separate I will go back and have them added .

Other than that - it fits perfect and tight to the main console and when you drop the seat down it does touch but barely so if your hauling something with weight you can either pull out the center head rest and flip it around ...or you can just leave it out and slide it under the front seat for the time you need the seat down .

works great - cost me $71.00 total labor and materials

20180517_093708.jpg

20180517_094806.jpg
OR you can install the JK recline spacers and your seat will never touch the floor cup holders :like:

JEEPJL

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
OR you can install the JK recline spacers and your seat will never touch the floor cup holders :like:
That's another option!!

JL seats are more reclined than jk so you, ll get even more with spacers

Sponsored

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
I didnt get the winter package for two reasons ...1) I dont need it down here ... 2) My remote start solves any issue with getting into my Rig heated or cooled off before hand
I was thinking the same but the cold weather group is a good deal . remote start is 495 alone, the cold weather group total with remote start is 995

JEEPJL

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I was thinking the same but the cold weather group is a good deal . remote start is 495 alone, the cold weather group total with remote start is 995
You can jump in your Rig already cooled down or warmed up or you can jump in and wait

It checks out ...I did the math :giggle::giggle:

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
You can jump in your Rig already cooled down or warmed up or you can jump in and wait

It checks out ...I did the math :giggle::giggle:
As long as your happy but I have no idea what you’re talking about.
for 500 more than remote start alone , I get the heated seats and I also get the heated steering wheel. That’s a good deal to me.

JEEPJL

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
As long as your happy but I have no idea what you’re talking about.
for 500 more I get the heated seats and I also get the heated steering wheel.
remote start
Sponsored