Sponsored

What Do You Lose? - Cloth Seats vs Leather (Katzkin Related)

LouNYC

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I contacted Katzkin via Facebook. They respond immediately. I inquired about one of there Dark Brown options (Dark Heritage). I was told that the cost would be $1500, 2 day turnaround and if i ordered it through the dealer they could have the "Sahara" stitching put on the front seats.

I was absolutely convinced that I wanted to get the Katzkin, BUT I really like the premium door panels, and premium wrapped instrument panel.

I like the idea of having something personalized.

Looking forward to seeing photos.
Sponsored

Simulacra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R UL
I contacted Katzkin via Facebook. They respond immediately. I inquired about one of there Dark Brown options (Dark Heritage). I was told that the cost would be $1500, 2 day turnaround and if i ordered it through the dealer they could have the "Sahara" stitching put on the front seats.

I was absolutely convinced that I wanted to get the Katzkin, BUT I really like the premium door panels, and premium wrapped instrument panel.

I like the idea of having something personalized.

Looking forward to seeing photos.
What is the premium door panel?

UrbanRogue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
From what I know Katskin has been doing the OE leather in the wranglers. at least the JKs and JL.

one advantage of doing it after the fact is that you can customize the leather and not just get the one made for OE Wrangler.

Sponsored

yz kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL RUBICON
So you cant get the cold weather package with factory cloth seats?

Chowbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
As someone who went with aftermarket seats (classic soft trim), I think the biggest benefit is the ability to customize the look and not have to choose from only two options. Having stated that, if anyone is just doing it for cost-effective purposes then I suggest you go with leather from the factory. I have seen factory leathers and fitment on my aftermarket leaves a little to be desired. But black and tan do nada for me.

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
If you are a 3 rear seat passenger type of owner, the leather option will loose you cup holders in the back.

As mentioned, they're only accessible when the back seat center console is down: a console not available in the leather package. 3 back passengers will require the center console to be up, loosing you those cup holders.

On cloth, these cup holders are on the backseat floor centered. On leather, this cup holder area is a very shallow tray not good for much else than change or a stick of gum.

Of course, I presume the aftermarket will solve this issue with the cup holders being absent on the floor in the leather trim.

I preferred cloth. I went with an aftermarket center console for the back that stays put attached to the center back safety belt. I might have preferred cloth if leather was the same price: but that's me. if I have 3 passengers in the back I'll just move this center back console to the cargo area of the rig temporarily.

YMMV.

Sponsored

JEEPJL

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep unlimted Sahara JL
Vehicle Showcase
I didnt get the winter package for two reasons ...1) I dont need it down here ... 2) My remote start solves any issue with getting into my Rig heated or cooled off before hand

Shodan01

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR (Mine), '66 Bronco U13 (Hers), '66 Mustang Fastback (Mine), '18 Audi S8 Plus (Mine), '18 Audi RS7 (Hers)
Do the OEM Leather seat covers fit on cloth seats (presuming so but thought I'd ask). I love Katzkins products and have leather on my JL order, but debating on how much I can recoup from ordering with leather.

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Do the OEM Leather seat covers fit on cloth seats (presuming so but thought I'd ask). I love Katzkins products and have leather on my JL order, but debating on how much I can recoup from ordering with leather.
A few members have had Katzkin installed on their Jeeps.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/katzkin-leather.6763/

Another member had leather installed by the dealer that was NOT Katzkin.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/aftermarket-leather-seats.6520/

JEEPJL

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep unlimted Sahara JL
Vehicle Showcase
If you are a 3 rear seat passenger type of owner, the leather option will loose you cup holders in the back.

As mentioned, they're only accessible when the back seat center console is down: a console not available in the leather package. 3 back passengers will require the center console to be up, loosing you those cup holders.

On cloth, these cup holders are on the backseat floor centered. On leather, this cup holder area is a very shallow tray not good for much else than change or a stick of gum.

Of course, I presume the aftermarket will solve this issue with the cup holders being absent on the floor in the leather trim.

I preferred cloth. I went with an aftermarket center console for the back that stays put attached to the center back safety belt. I might have preferred cloth if leather was the same price: but that's me. if I have 3 passengers in the back I'll just move this center back console to the cargo area of the rig temporarily.

YMMV.
So this is what I came up with for the back seat cup holder dilemma . I ordered the sport model cupholders a few weeks ago to see if they were compatible and they are . So the next dilemma would be to overcome the fold down headrest from hitting the floor cup holders when folding the seats down . So I pulled the head rest out and flipped it around and WALA !! simple - easy - and I will have rear console cup holders .

next week :clap:

20180419_131245.jpg

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
So this is what I came up with for the back seat cup holder dilemma . I ordered the sport model cupholders a few weeks ago to see if they were compatible and they are . So the next dilemma would be to overcome the fold down headrest from hitting the floor cup holders when folding the seats down . So I pulled the head rest out and flipped it around and WALA !! simple - easy - and I will have rear console cup holders .

next week :clap:

20180419_131245.jpg
How well is that arm rest attached? The headrest supports it for weight being applied. Reversing it takes away the support when it is down. If you had a passenger adjust themselves and put weight on it with their arm do you have any concerns with them breaking it in some way?
Sponsored