What do you do with your parts after lift etc

DBjeepNY

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
I purchased my first Jeep in 2019-I lifted it got new wheels and rims. For some reason I saved all of the old parts including shocks springs rims and wheels. Is there any reason to save this stuff for the future or do people just sell it or throw it out?
Sponsored

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
Mine are sitting in a cabinet in my garage… I suppose you might want to hang on to them if you ever needed to return the vehicle to stock to sell it, but that would be the only reason I’m aware of. 🤔

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

If you plan on selling in the future, some people will keep them to swap out before they sell, so they can easily move mods with them from one Jeep to the next.

Personally, I either sell them or give them away. My general rule is that if I'm going to sell it for $50 or less, I'll just offer it for free in my local Jeep club to whoever claims it first. More than $50, I'll take the cash to put toward my next mod.

I usually wait a few weeks before I sell, though, just as a backup in case there's an issue with the new whateveritis

Jim1964

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
Every time I lift one I save the stuff I take off. Just in case.

Years later I throw it out. I’ve never returned one to stock. Too much work to undertake when I get into divestment mode.

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I gave away my factory Rubicon shocks, springs, rock rails, rear steel bumper, front steel bumper skid plate, and tire carrier. Only reason I still have the factory steering linkages, both track bars, and 8 control arms is in case they can be of some use to someone who prefers keeping their Jeep in stock form. Only factory parts that I've sold are the factory 33's, followed shortly by the factory upgraded wheels and 35's.

I've also been slowly knocking down my second pile of aftermarket parts from my original complete build.

I'd never revert it back to factory form, if I were to sell it. I'd rather start fresh on the next one.

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
I sold my Rubicon suspension when I put on my lift (kept my Jeep box). In process of selling my rock rails. Live in an apt with limited garage space and really don’t see me ever using any of the parts. I traded my stock tires/wheels for my current rock rails. (LOD sig series). The guy I traded with had a lemon and was returning everything stock for the buyback process.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
If you’ve got the space, keep it. You may need some of those parts later. Or you could give them away or sell them. Someone, somewhere needs some or all of it. Don’t trash it unless you’ve go no other option.

c20040215

First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S; 2023 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Take a few pictures of the parts and post on Facebook ask for a ridiculous price to someone who doesnt know better.

I KNOW WHAT I HAVE.
Sponsored