Sponsored

What do you do to your Jeep build when you reach the end?

OP
OP
Rangemaster

Rangemaster

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Business Owner
OP
OP
Rangemaster

Rangemaster

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Business Owner

SmoothJeepOperator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler Sport
Exactly what we have, this is our second one. The engines have notorious faults, piston ringlands, timing chain, and plastic cooling parts come to mind. If you keep up with the water pipe in the back and the thermostat, you might get some long life. The one I have now was supposed to be an easy oil leak fix, turns out the guy overheated it badly (cracked water pipe). Machine shop did the head, I did new CP pistons and gaskets, still had issues. Cracked cylinder wall. I recouped about half of what I sunk into the motor parting it out.
Long story short, I'm putting a Honda K24 in it with matching transmission. It's been done in the previous gen Mini but not this one. Uncharted territory...
Wow good luck! Do share once you complete it!

Steph1

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU , Audi Q5
Normally when I reach the end, I get bored and start looking at other vehicles and thinking of parting with the Jeep/vehicle.

Or, that boredome makes me rethink some mods and I start doing things over again.

I don't deal with flatline very well :)

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rangemaster

Rangemaster

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Business Owner
Normally when I reach the end, I get bored and start looking at other vehicles and thinking of parting with the Jeep/vehicle.

Or, that boredome makes me rethink some mods and I start doing things over again.

I don't deal with flatline very well :)
Well, I thought I reached the end. I got a bunch of boxes now that need to go in my jeep. I am still waiting on my axle shafts before I can redo my whole front axle which replaces the knuckles, tie rods and axle shafts. Still on the fence for the front truss.

OP
OP
Rangemaster

Rangemaster

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Business Owner
Great looking rig!

I am in the same boat, have done all the mods myself and are within 6-8 weeks of finishing everything...very long list. I for one plan to enjoy the hell out of it!
If Jeep comes out with a really cool 2-door during the mid-cycle refresh and offers a V8, then I will take a look...
Man, looking back that is a nice shot of my rig.

I am still waiting on my next mods. Hope your mods turned out great.
Sponsored