Sponsored

What do you do to your Jeep build when you reach the end?

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
start chasing the weakness. As you build, you move the weak link around the vehicle. Go wheel it the weakness will show up. My first weakness to show up after wheeling it hard was a twisted rear axle shaft. Drive it across the country and then you will want to replace the Pats, Start flexing it hard and you will want to clearance the fenders. Does a build ever really end?

By the way, sweet looking build.
Sponsored

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
Usually when only 30% or less is still "Jeep" parts I end up rolling them a bunch and either parting it out or selling.
My next incoming Jeep I plan to keep as much Jeep as I can but I always say that...sigh.

TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
Electrical, Mechanical, and Aerospace Engineering.
What happens at the end of a build? I dunno. I've never seen it. I've done countless vehicle "builds" over the years, but i've never once found an end.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah..... kinda bitter sweet..... the wife and I are hunting a project rig. Something I can do junkyard axles, build a sweet little four bolt Chevy ( already have the block) and whatnot. No fā€™ing computers, levers and air for lockers, points, plugs, and carburetor..šŸ¤£... yeah, showing my age now...:facepalm:... but the hunt for the rig itself has been challenging so far... has to be just right in what it has and what it needs.........:computerrage:
Thinking TJ/LJ?

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
If youā€™re like me, Iā€™m never really done, because they I wheel it, Iā€™m always fixing shit.....:facepalm:
Thinking TJ/LJ?
Would do either one as long as it was in the right condition, hell, Iā€™d even look at CJ if I could find one, lol. Anything but YJ, I have hang up with square headlights........šŸ˜‚..... not one of Jeeps finest moments IMHO.....

Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
If youā€™re like me, Iā€™m never really done, because they I wheel it, Iā€™m always fixing shit.....:facepalm:

Would do either one as long as it was in the right condition, hell, Iā€™d even look at CJ if I could find one, lol. Anything but YJ, I have hang up with square headlights........šŸ˜‚..... not one of Jeeps finest moments IMHO.....
haha YJ... You need to find a TJ like I did back 2014. Minor issues in pretty decent shape for under $5K. :like: They are hard to find for sure...

Jeep Wrangler JL What do you do to your Jeep build when you reach the end? IMG_0116 copy
Jeep Wrangler JL What do you do to your Jeep build when you reach the end? IMG_7941 2

mdkautzman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
I am near or at the end of my build. Really enjoy the working and wrenching on this jeep. But now that I have reached the end of this build what possible things might I consider doing that I have most likely overlooked?

Jeep Wrangler JL What do you do to your Jeep build when you reach the end? IMG_7941 2
Nice looking Jeep. What front bumper is that?

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Thatā€™s sweet!!
Thanks- It was lol. Had fun adding lift, drive shafts, bumpers, etc and fixing up little issues with my teenage son and teaching him some mechanical things and some words he probably never thought he would hear from dad LOL

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Like others have mentioned, finding a new non DD project can be fun.

I picked up a used BMW 335is a few years back and turned it into a quick weekend/track toy. The golf cart was a fun project, grab one coming off lease at a golf course and turning it into a lifted family neighborhood/campsite cruiser. And if youā€™ve got some money to piss away, thereā€™s always picking up a boat to go crazy with.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rangemaster

Rangemaster

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Business Owner
start chasing the weakness. As you build, you move the weak link around the vehicle. Go wheel it the weakness will show up. My first weakness to show up after wheeling it hard was a twisted rear axle shaft. Drive it across the country and then you will want to replace the Pats, Start flexing it hard and you will want to clearance the fenders. Does a build ever really end?

By the way, sweet looking build.
Thanks, I was looking into curtting the inner fenders out to make more room.

SmoothJeepOperator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler Sport
Very tasteful. I would sit back and crack a cold one.
Smile and bask in the glow of your handiwork.
I have a Mini Cooper project I may get back to someday...
My wife has a 2009 mini Cooper s. If we are lucky maybe we have another couple years left with the engine. What kind of engine upgrades are popular with it? Trying to convince her that it would be cool to make it super fast.

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
My wife has a 2009 mini Cooper s. If we are lucky maybe we have another couple years left with the engine. What kind of engine upgrades are popular with it? Trying to convince her that it would be cool to make it super fast.
Exactly what we have, this is our second one. The engines have notorious faults, piston ringlands, timing chain, and plastic cooling parts come to mind. If you keep up with the water pipe in the back and the thermostat, you might get some long life. The one I have now was supposed to be an easy oil leak fix, turns out the guy overheated it badly (cracked water pipe). Machine shop did the head, I did new CP pistons and gaskets, still had issues. Cracked cylinder wall. I recouped about half of what I sunk into the motor parting it out.
Long story short, I'm putting a Honda K24 in it with matching transmission. It's been done in the previous gen Mini but not this one. Uncharted territory...
Sponsored