4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
For me, it's simply one word: J E E P

However I have heard some married guy's use the term 'mistress' as they both cost $$$ to maintain...
Sponsored

captnjbk

First Name
BK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray Rubicon. 2017 Moto Guzzi V7.
I was watching a YouTube guy that lives out of his Jeep Wrangler year round. I got some great ideas from him for doing certain things to my JLUR when it comes in. However, I found myself getting really annoyed because he constantly referred to his Wrangler as his “car”. I’ve always referred to cars as cars and trucks as trucks. And even SUVs as SUVs. But then I got to thinking about Jeep Wranglers specifically. They don’t really meet the definition of any of those things. Other Jeep’s do as SUVs and Gladiators do as trucks but it got me wondering what Jeep Wrangler owners refer to their Jeep Wranglers as? So, what do you all refer to them as?
I call it "baby" so my wife can't tell if I'm talking about her or my jeep.
They're both similar in that they continuously cost me more money.
But they sure are fun to drive................;)

Sallan43

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
We have two Jeeps, a 2008 Cherokee, which we refer to as, and this is clever, The Cherokee, and a 2018 JLU, and we call that, and again, so clever, The Wrangler.

BernJLUR

First Name
Bern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLUR (on order), 2015 Anvil JKU, 1995 4.0L YJ
I refer to Jeep Wranglers and CJs as just ”Jeeps” in casual conversation. All other Jeep brand vehicles require additional clarification when referencing them - “Jeep Cherokee” “Jeep Compass” “Jeep LIberty” etc.

Cars and SUVs are both “cars”. Trucks are just “trucks.” Big commercial trucks are “Mac Trucks” or “18-wheelers”. Exceptions which are called only by their specific model or known nickname - “Scrambler” “Thing” “Bug” “El Camino” “FJ” (old models) “Bronco“ (old models).

I wonder how much of this is regional - like Coke, soda, pop, etc.?

Sponsored

aeonixx1001

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
I was watching a YouTube guy that lives out of his Jeep Wrangler year round. I got some great ideas from him for doing certain things to my JLUR when it comes in. However, I found myself getting really annoyed because he constantly referred to his Wrangler as his “car”. I’ve always referred to cars as cars and trucks as trucks. And even SUVs as SUVs. But then I got to thinking about Jeep Wranglers specifically. They don’t really meet the definition of any of those things. Other Jeep’s do as SUVs and Gladiators do as trucks but it got me wondering what Jeep Wrangler owners refer to their Jeep Wranglers as? So, what do you all refer to them as?
Proudly- Jeep!

Deleted member 59098

Various names. To family the ZJ is the old Jeep, it used to be called the green Jeep, but now I have two green Jeeps. WK2 used to be the new Jeep, now the JL is the new Jeep. To insurance representatives, DMV and banks it’s referred to as just my vehicle. To coworkers who think of cars as appliances, I just call them cars. To other Jeepers, I refer to them as ZJ, JL or WK2.

Deleted member 59098

For me, it's simply one word: J E E P

However I have heard some married guy's use the term 'mistress' as they both cost $$$ to maintain...
Haha. Maybe mistress #2, #
Mine is a 2021 Rubi so I call it Bank Owned :CWL: (at least for 3 years at 0%)
Nice. I wish I could do that. I’m on the 7 year 3.27% plan. I’m really stuck on biweekly budgets.

Sponsored

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
Mine is a 2021 Rubi so I call it Bank Owned :CWL: (at least for 3 years at 0%)
Nice, we got both of ours at 2.875% for 84 months, but we are way overpaying them to get the balance down much faster.

Fusilli Jerry

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (2.0T, 8spd)
"The Creak-ster"
"The Boat"
"The Payment"
"Big Fun"
"WHAT? WHAT?":LOL:

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
My go-to is Baby, unless my wife is within earshot. Because she'll contest it by saying that she's my only baby. Which is true, but I still call the jeep that because I can relate to the bond that my favorite character in my favorite show has with his '67 Impala.

When not referring to it as the Jeep, my wife sometimes calls it the immasculator. Because you can hear the popping sound of dicks turning inside out, from guys with 12" lifted pickups and can still only fit 35's. Lol!
Sponsored