Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Most of the time when referring to mine it’s “the Rubi”’ or my rig, when referring to others it’s Jeep , wrangler , or rig. NEVER say car. It’s a tell tell sign of Jeep noobieness ..:LOL:
Just kidding............no really, don’t do it...:)
Sponsored

WhereRU_A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Willys, 2015 Toyota Sienna XLE
Occupation
Restaurant Manager
If you are the type of person who’s bothered by someone calling a Jeep a “car” I’d suggest it’s highly likely there’s more wrong with you than them. Are we still in kindergarten? Do you also crucify anyone who calls a tomato a vegetable? Try a Snickers; you’re not you when you’re hangry.

Sponsored

OP
OP
J.Ralston

J.Ralston

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited.
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Law Enforcement, Self Defense/Firearms Trainer, Professional Musician, Off Road Enthusiast.
I don’t really care what anyone calls it. I do care when I see an angry eyes grill though!
Jeep Wrangler JL What do you call a Jeep Wrangler? 9AE0782E-254B-4D2A-8EB3-080191020DEE
At my job there are several Jeep Wrangler owners of various models and generations. Probably half to three quarters of them have those “angry eyes grills” added to them. The first time I saw one I thought they looked unique and pretty cool but now because so many Jeep’s have them, to me, it’s now to trendy and a fad of a thing to do.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I was watching a YouTube guy that lives out of his Jeep Wrangler year round. I got some great ideas from him for doing certain things to my JLUR when it comes in. However, I found myself getting really annoyed because he constantly referred to his Wrangler as his “car”. I’ve always referred to cars as cars and trucks as trucks. And even SUVs as SUVs. But then I got to thinking about Jeep Wranglers specifically. They don’t really meet the definition of any of those things. Other Jeep’s do as SUVs and Gladiators do as trucks but it got me wondering what Jeep Wrangler owners refer to their Jeep Wranglers as? So, what do you all refer to them as?
Jeep Wrangler JL What do you call a Jeep Wrangler? Johnny

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
I don’t call it a car. It doesn’t bother me when someone does, it just helps me distinguish some from others.......🥴

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
I say car... Because to anyone who's wrangler isn't part of their identity, that's what it is.

KevinD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
They're MPPVs (Mutli-Purpose Passenger Vehicles.)
At least, that's what my old Wagoneer was designated on the ID plate.
The current vehicle is usually referred to as Gladiator, or Jeep.
But not, "Truck," (that's my SuperDuty,) and certainly not, "Car."

Sponsored

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
"My Jeep" , "the Jeep". I never use the generic word "cars" becuse my Jeep is not a car. Instead l use the generic phrase "motor vehicles"

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Anyone remember when Jeeps, Broncos, Blazers etc were called RVs? They used to offer RV cams for low end grunt and RV/Flotation tires. All the tires 30” or taller and 9.5” or wider were flotation sizes. The things I remember from the Sears and JC Whitney catalogs.

Last edited:

JHTS

First Name
John & Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gecko JLU Freedom, 2020 Punk'n JL Sport S
Occupation
John - US Army Ret/DA Civilian / Holly - Boss of husband
We call ours Jeeps. A coworker has a Cherokee and says I have a Jeep too. Nope you have a Cherokee, I have a Jeep.
Sponsored