Sponsored

What do you believe the designers and engineers got right on the JL?

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
The 2021 jl rubicon juts bought it and the worst handling ever .
The other day I was driving in the rain from cr to New York this car is a hazard plain and simple .
Itā€™s like the car isnā€™t grounded to floor your floating and heaven forbid you hit a bump doing 60 miles an hour the car skips and you could lose control .

i wonder is this juts my truck or everyone is having this issue .
Please comment since my dealer isnā€™t even helping me they had it twice and still the truck handles terrible .

this truck is a hazard so t buy a wrangler I was so excited but now the dealer doesnā€™t even return calls .

68000 dollars for a truck I canā€™t drive safely .
Thanks for the vent time people but honestly donā€™t buy a jeep wrangle r 2021 .

Iā€™m actually selling it for 65k with2800 miles .
Looks great but I donā€™t recommend it and trying to sel mine .

twice they had it and no improvement donā€™t know what else to do except call Jeep direct again .
Also filing a complaint with New York attorney general .

1F6DF62B-9031-40E5-A096-54DDE3C44EFD.jpeg
This guy never came back but I bet his tires are at 42 psi. I also bet that the dealership never even considered that.

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
There are two many things to list that I like about the JL. I think Jeep did a great job. It's not perfect, but I really don't have much to complain about. I love my Jeep. As an engineer, I have a lot of respect for the Jeep folks that made the Jeep happen. I liked my JK, and the JL is a big step forward.

Walker Texas Wrangler

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hamburgsolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Rubicon, Previous: '99 TJ Sahara
Build Thread
Link
I had a TJ, test drove a JK. When I got into my JL it just felt like a Jeep. I can't really explain it but I didn't feel it in the JK.

Things they got right:
The dash and interior setup.
That you can order a Rubicon with insane capability off the lot.
The exterior styling especially the hood and rear end. Like the lights on fenders too.
Venting on the side and hood. No more hood flutter.
I'm glad they kept it SFA. It was on the table to go IFS.

jaardappel

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door Rubicon
Occupation
Retired Nomad, dog-father, Jeep enthusiast
The other day I was driving in the rain from cr to New York this car is a hazard plain and simple .
Itā€™s like the car isnā€™t grounded to floor your floating and heaven forbid you hit a bump doing 60 miles an hour the car skips and you could lose control .

Please comment since my dealer isnā€™t even helping me they had it twice and still the truck handles terrible .

this truck is a hazard so t buy a wrangler I was so excited but now the dealer doesnā€™t even return calls .

Thanks for the vent time people but honestly donā€™t buy a jeep wrangle r 2021 .

twice they had it and no improvement donā€™t know what else to do except call Jeep direct again .

Man, this post is gold. Sounds like you didn't test-drive a Jeep or know anything about Jeeps before you bought it. If you are joking, this is hilarious. If you are not....welp....

Sponsored

miweber929

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 JLU Sport S, ā€˜16 Silverado
I was driving around town a bit yesterday and realized how well the dash is laid out, how clearly everything is labeled and how easy it was for me to do the things I needed without much muss or fuss. I barely had to lift or move my arm to do what needed to do.

I appreciate things like that in a vehicle.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I know weā€™re not supposed to like them, but I really like the seats. Theyā€™re very comfortable for 12+ hours in the saddle, and Iā€™m a big dude.

Also wanted to give a shout-out to the ZF auto. My goodness, what a transmission.
This^^^ I'm not a big dude but am older w/ some back issues and these seats are great for us. We also go on long trips and stopping to refuel it's so refreshing not to feel all bent out of shape from the drive :)

And yeah, the ZF ROCKS!!

QC22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURR
The door detentes. I had a JK, my first Wrangler, and no door opening detentes. Seems minor, but was very buggy to me. I just noticed again yesterday getting out of my JL and juggling a few things in my hands. Nice to know the door will stay open at the point you want.

SouthernJL

First Name
Isom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Camry and 2014
The door detentes. I had a JK, my first Wrangler, and no door opening detentes. Seems minor, but was very buggy to me. I just noticed again yesterday getting out of my JL and juggling a few things in my hands. Nice to know the door will stay open at the point you want.
I think it's crazy that this deserves an honorable mention. Should've always had them. I read in various posts the reason past Wranglers didn't have the door stops was because the doors are removable and door stops would interfere with that feature. Yet here we are with a removable door JL with door stops.

Since obviously it was always doable, I'm curious why they didn't previously have them? But in keeping with the upbeat nature of this post, let me end with saying I'm also glad the JL now has this feature.

offrampclimber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon
Skipping the entire thread to respond to this-

YES. Like Iā€™ve said numerous times on these illustrious forums, the JL is like the designers and engineers took the JK, and FINISHED DESIGNING IT.

Does anyone here remember vehicle mods from Grand Theft Auto 3, Vice City, and San Andreas on PC? Like where users would mod the generic SUV to look like a Wrangler? Thatā€™s how the JK strikes me. Like the designers of the exterior only had so many polygons and textures to work with. The game engine would only allow so much. Except they were designing a real vehicle that ended up looking real boring.

285A0D91-2377-48A2-AC26-D7FAA02935B9.jpeg
260AFDAF-7E84-486B-8A44-41C05F6B2C2A.jpeg
6ED968B1-6DCB-4B5E-8C13-65093A2170DC.jpeg
C89EA444-45CB-4673-8ABE-DF5C1898AE5C.jpeg

Now tell me, friend... are those wranglers shitty looking because theyā€™re modeled after JKs or because the game engine was limited? We may never know. (Actually I know.)
lol, I always felt the JK was just an unfinished CGI rendering of a Jeep, like they lifted the design from the studio that make Sharknado or something. Glad to see others making that comparison too :D
Yes! This is my favorite thing too. I always hated getting hit by the door on my TJ if I didn't get out as soon as I opened it, or if my hands were full.

Sponsored

MandrewSD

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 392

sownds leyek yew kneed two by eh lettle bittee kar

Tellurian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL What do you believe the designers and engineers got right on the JL? 1640187320635

I am a big fan of this entire layout and its symmetry. I feel like the design team spent time thinking through it in a practical manner.

Nowadays, everything is through a display and itā€™s becoming rarer and rarer to have a physical button for such things as cabin temp, heated seats, air circulation, etc. This is especially appreciated in the winter when gloves are regularly worn.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Oh, also like the subtle bulge in the hood, not overdone, just right, and looks great behind the wheel too!

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
TLDRā€¦.. donā€™t know if itā€™s been mentioned, but mine is the 8 speed transmission, wouldnā€™t work as well as it does without itā€¦ā€¦.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I think it's crazy that this deserves an honorable mention. Should've always had them. I read in various posts the reason past Wranglers didn't have the door stops was because the doors are removable and door stops would interfere with that feature. Yet here we are with a removable door JL with door stops.

Since obviously it was always doable, I'm curious why they didn't previously have them? But in keeping with the upbeat nature of this post, let me end with saying I'm also glad the JL now has this feature.
Im sure for the past few generations they kept the strap only design as a historical item. For the old curmudgeons, they can just pop the new check straps into the doors and pretend they donā€™t exist. Good compromise.
Sponsored