Sponsored

What do we want to know from the first to receive the 392?

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
You know..I don’t think I have ever wanted something more than wanting one of these. Man that sounds so good. If only 5.7’s were a normal option. Maybe in an alternate universe.

OP
OP
BCMgunner

BCMgunner

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 on 37” KO2s

Looked effortless in stock configuration on some legitimate climbs.

Maybe new info learned:
-Stiffer springs in front and softer in rear
-Can adjust Offroad cruise control speed with steering wheel paddles.

Last edited:

Ben_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 392 Granite Crystal
Great to see reviews starting to pop up. Here's Motortrends new article. https://www.motortrend.com/cars/jee...jeep-wrangler-rubicon-392-first-drive-review/
They seem to like it.

" On the road, this feels like the best riding and handling Jeep Wrangler to date. The 392 has great road-feel, is incredibly comfortable, and is not at all sloppy. "

" It might be weird to say of a solid-axled vehicle on off-road tires, but the 392 is a driver's machine. It is so well dialed, it actually encourages you to manhandle it without overzealous nannies stepping in to break up the fun. "

Sponsored

Mess262

First Name
Otto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
I am curious about if you can put it in 4H and use the line lock function. That would be a good way to test if the parts have been beefed up enough. Try a launch on pavement in 4H.

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I am curious about if you can put it in 4H and use the line lock function. That would be a good way to test if the parts have been beefed up enough. Try a launch on pavement in 4H.
I’m curious how this would work? Doesn’t line lock (a tazer feature, correct?) disables itself the instant you depress the accelerator pedal?

Mess262

First Name
Otto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
I’m curious how this would work? Doesn’t line lock (a tazer feature, correct?) disables itself the instant you depress the accelerator pedal?
I thought I saw that they were going to have line lock as a factory installed feature. Yes line lock does disengage but it allows you to get the engine RPM up to build powerband and then release instantly. This puts a ton of stress on those twisty bits.
My interest is due to my thinking with a lol that power you will be spinning those tires if you get on it hard off the line to race which they seem to be encouraging with dropping 0-60 times and bragging about them and putting a line lock in it like the kitty cars. Putting in 4H would give you all 4 for traction at launch but I think will rip Ujoints and axels right out of there.
was more of a curiosity but I’m thinking it would be reckless to do such a thing.

SDJEEP4PAPA

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 On Order
Been watching all the reviews I can find... funny, I don't think anyone can keep from putting the pedal to the metal as soon as they get in one of these... They look to be a hellvua lot of fun...

0II392II0

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURH
Been watching all the reviews I can find... funny, I don't think anyone can keep from putting the pedal to the metal as soon as they get in one of these... They look to be a hellvua lot of fun...
Not only can people not keep them selves from WOT'ing it. I haven't seen a video where they can't stop smiling with at least a handful of almost childish laughter coming from the driver as well as all passengers. This is going to hands down be the funniest wrangler ever build. This vehicle is all about the SPM not MPG. (Smiles per mile > Mile per what?)
If someone later on states that there's getting like 18 MPG, we're going to have to explain to them the importance of SMP.

Sponsored

EbyCreek

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 392
Occupation
ARMY (Retired)
Easter Jeep Safari Moab Pictures

392 Front.JPG