Sponsored

What do we want to know from the first to receive the 392?

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
The first Mods should be all aluminum hinges(hood, doors, and tailgate).
Sponsored

pnut

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 392 XR
What year Mustang do you have ?
18 and up Manual runs 12.6 s and auto 12.1 s in 1/4 mile, stock tire. Both in 11 with drag radials.

But now days you dont need to have a sports car to be fast, as wrangler joins increasing numbers of those vehicles.
Sorry didn't mean to derail the post - my Mustang is a 2016. Doing my homework, the specs are 435 hp, and 0-60 was 4.6 seconds according to MT. So in theory, the 392 Jeep beats both figures. I guess I will find out when I get it out of storage, and teach my wife or a friend how to use the launch control :)

Ben_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 392 Granite Crystal
3. Alternator, it says 220v stock, but if you have the tow package please list alternator specs. I got the tow package for the alternator 1st and hitch 2nd, would be a bummer if they didn't make that available on the 392 which is what it seems at this point.
Based on the doc @BCMgunner posted here https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...e-price-build-price-now-up.66888/post-1417940
It looks like a 180 amp alternator. A stock wrangler gets a 220 amp and the tow package usually gets the 240 amp. So it'll be interesting to see if the tow package on the 392 gets something different.

I also thought this was interesting.
"Pushrod-operated overhead valves, 16 valves with sodium-filled exhaust valves and hollow stem intake valves, 16 conventional hydraulic lifters, all with roller tips"
Does this mean it won't have cylinder deactivation? There are different lifters on the cylinders that can deactivate, but I'm not sure how different they are. I also know those special lifters are the weak points in the 6.4L.

pnut

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 392 XR
Does this mean it won't have cylinder deactivation? There are different lifters on the cylinders that can deactivate, but I'm not sure how different they are. I also know those special lifters are the weak points in the 6.4L.
We can only hope. I have to believe anyone who buys a 470hp Wrangler is not interested in the fuel mileage save, that comes with the penalty of reliability and complexity that the cylinder deactivation results in. At least that is my opinion.

0II392II0

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURH
It looks like a 180 amp alternator. A stock wrangler gets a 220 amp and the tow package usually gets the 240 amp. So it'll be interesting to see if the tow package on the 392 gets something different.

Going to have to read this looks like a missed a thread, though my standard feature list printed my the dealer says 220v.

I also thought this was interesting.
"Pushrod-operated overhead valves, 16 valves with sodium-filled exhaust valves and hollow stem intake valves, 16 conventional hydraulic lifters, all with roller tips"
That would be so awesome if that feature was removed!!!!!

Sponsored

mnjeeper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 2021 JLUR
I am curious about the active exhaust. Is the active part of the system prior to the muffler? I see that pig and it's shiny tips being a problem off road.

pnut

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 392 XR
I am curious about the active exhaust. Is the active part of the system prior to the muffler? I see that pig and it's shiny tips being a problem off road.
I'm guessing, but from the Jeep video on the exhaust, it appears to be a valve near the back. I circled what I think it is.
Jeep Wrangler JL What do we want to know from the first to receive the 392? 1615231552448

ValB

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon 392
Has anybody received their 392"s yet? My wait is killing me!!

ValB

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon 392
I'm guessing, but from the Jeep video on the exhaust, it appears to be a valve near the back. I circled what I think it is.
Jeep Wrangler JL What do we want to know from the first to receive the 392? 1615231552448
I think I will do a nip and tuck and move the exhaust dampers if possible !

Sponsored

0II392II0

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURH
The first Mods should be all aluminum hinges(hood, doors, and tailgate).
Was reading the Bubbles in Paint at Door Hinges thread and if it happens it happens but I would like to do everything to prevent this from happening, will this remedy the issue?

0II392II0

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURH
I would like someone to post picture of the rear suspension when they get their 392. I don't recall anyone bringing it up on any of the threads, but it has been stated that there are some suspension modifications " Improvements have also been made to the suspension for better maneuverability." I would assume that the angle of the links and springs have been moved some but we all know what happens when you assume. So please add pictures of the suspension and links to the list of things to see.

Last edited:

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Was reading the Bubbles in Paint at Door Hinges thread and if it happens it happens but I would like to do everything to prevent this from happening, will this remedy the issue?
It should at least give us a fighting chance, as long as the hood and doors are primered beneath. Also, aluminum on aluminum doesnt create a Galvanic Reaction.
Now, if FCA can save $1.00, initially, the new Wranglers are screwed, like the.rest of us.

0II392II0

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURH
It should at least give us a fighting chance, as long as the hood and doors are primered beneath. Also, aluminum on aluminum doesnt create a Galvanic Reaction.
Now, if FCA can save $1.00, initially, the new Wranglers are screwed, like the.rest of us.
Curious as to what you plan to do if it's not primed underneath?
Sponsored