Sponsored

What do we want to know from the first to receive the 392?

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Okay, I must admit to chuckling a bit about the door sills. :)
Sponsored

ChiefJL

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2017 JKUR Recon
6) How will the Tazer behave with it. Will it work right out of the box or will Tazer have to take some time to prepare a new firmware update. Since I am an early order-er, and I already ordered my Tazer, I hope it will work.
I was wondering about this too. I bought a Tazer for the Chief JL I ordered in October but never took possession of due to ordering the 392 instead. I did chat with the owner over at Tazer and he stated that the Tazer that I ordered will work with the 392, and that he has a 392 on order also. Fingers crossed that’s accurate...

0II392II0

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURH
I was wondering about this too. I bought a Tazer for the Chief JL I ordered in October but never took po0ssession of due to ordering the 392 instead. I did chat with the owner over at Tazer and he stated that the Tazer that I ordered will work with the 392, and that he has a 392 on order also. Fingers crossed that’s accurate...
About week and a half ago I messaged and asked when there would be one out for the 392. Response was, the current one will will work on the 392's, just won't have any 392 specific features. Which they would be doing upon request and someone would have to bring their 392 in. Also included that any 392 specific features after writing them, would then be download-able.

Last edited:

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Wrangler392; ‘20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
Hello Kevin!

As per our conversation I am emailing you an update.

The Jeep Wrangler 392 offers Premium Seat Bolsters which are not offered on other trim levels within Jeep Wrangler lineup.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further assistance by calling us at 877-426-5337.

Thank you again for chatting with us Kevin. Have a great day.

Best Regards,

Jacklyn
Jeep Customer Care

I also will have a response in less>48hrs regarding what is going to be specific to the launch edition if there is any besides being loaded with options .
Like...Recaro wings? I feel like the 392 reveal so far is just a mashup of parts on hand. Missed opportunity to showcase model specific parts if there are any.

0II392II0

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURH
Like...Recaro wings? I feel like the 392 reveal so far is just a mashup of parts on hand. Missed opportunity to showcase model specific parts if there are any.
LOL, no I asked what is going to be unique about the Launch Editions, are they going to be numbered or have some signifier, or if there was anything about them that are going to unique to the "Launch Editions?" Or was it just something thrown out because it seems to be the new thing to do. Should have that response by tomorrow.

Sponsored

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
Nice. My Jeep chat agents are usually less enthused so looking forward to your answers. I just doubt our seats are significantly improved

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
Hello Kevin!

As per our conversation I am emailing you an update.

The Jeep Wrangler 392 offers Premium Seat Bolsters which are not offered on other trim levels within Jeep Wrangler lineup.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further assistance by calling us at 877-426-5337.

Thank you again for chatting with us Kevin. Have a great day.

Best Regards,

Jacklyn
Jeep Customer Care

I also will have a response in less>48hrs regarding what is going to be specific to the launch edition if there is any besides being loaded with options .

Crap, I wonder how far out they will stick from the seatbacks...

Not because I don't like the idea of them, I do, but because I was about to order some seat covers so they would be here before my Jeep gets here, but now I'm thinking I'd better not, at least until we know if seat covers for the regular Rubicon seats will still work.

Plus I'm worried that if the regular Rubi ones won't work, it may be quite a while till new designs specific to the 392 come out. Double Crap.

It's been a looong time since I've been into off-roading, and the last off-road vehicle I owned looked like hell, inside and out by the time I sold it, despite not having any significant damage. So I was hoping to mitigate that this time by using seat covers and getting PPF before I took it out. Triple crap.

beckbuilt

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392, 18 JLUS
The 392 is using a MP3022 transfer case which has electronically controlled clutches to manage the full time 4 wheel drive. Does anyone know if a Tazer could be updated to allow 2H?

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
The 392 is using a MP3022 transfer case which has electronically controlled clutches to manage the full time 4 wheel drive. Does anyone know if a Tazer could be updated to allow 2H?

I don't know the answer, but that's an interesting question..
If by chance you get answer somewhere else, definitely share it here.

beckbuilt

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392, 18 JLUS
I don't know the answer, but that's an interesting question..
If by chance you get answer somewhere else, definitely share it here.
It’s possible and may be available in future Tazer firmware updates.
With front locking hubs, this will help efficiency and fun the factor.

Sponsored

Wideglide10

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon X, 1979 Silver Anniversary CJ5
I mentioned this once before, but the launch edition is not number nor is it labeled that way. The launch edition is only the first group being produced. I asked my contact at Jeep about it specifically. I also think they are holding them all until first of April for 2 reasons first that way they can use the Easter Jeep Safari as a release for them. They get to show it off at EJS before customers get to take possession. Second reason is it gives Jeep. Hella good start to the 2nd quarter. Not a bad batch of sales dollars tied to the 392 alone. Just my 2 cents.

0II392II0

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURH
I mentioned this once before, but the launch edition is not number nor is it labeled that way. The launch edition is only the first group being produced. I asked my contact at Jeep about it specifically. I also think they are holding them all until first of April for 2 reasons first that way they can use the Easter Jeep Safari as a release for them. They get to show it off at EJS before customers get to take possession. Second reason is it gives Jeep. Hella good start to the 2nd quarter. Not a bad batch of sales dollars tied to the 392 alone. Just my 2 cents.
I believe you are 100% correct, I have yet to receive a response on my inquiry regarding this and it's going into the 48hour mark after I was supposed to get a response. Fingers crossed your correct about the April 2 as well.

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
I believe you are 100% correct, I have yet to receive a response on my inquiry regarding this and it's going into the 48hour mark after I was supposed to get a response. Fingers crossed your correct about the April 2 as well.
I feel like “premium seat bolsters” mean same seats + new stitching. Jeep chat said to go by the build sheet opposed to the configurator. Gave me this link https://forms.chryslercanada.ca/contact/en/contactCCI.php to ask more specific/technical questions.
Sponsored