Sponsored

What do we think, northern Jeepers, is it Hardtop Time?

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I just meant to steer away from all the dweebs down south who will be all “hurr durr what’s winter lol”.
That's sig line material, right there. :like:

Anyway...soft top only for this cool weather fellow. The JLU has a nuclear-grade heater, it's parked in a garage every night, and I only need 8 seconds on average to undo or refit the rear window panel. Having a convertible top in situ year-round is all good here.

It's not as though I'm unversed in low temperatures, either.

Jeep Wrangler JL What do we think, northern Jeepers, is it Hardtop Time? Feb 2021
Sponsored

Black Rubi JL

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
No top, no doors until after Halloween. As Frank R mentioned, heated seats & steering wheels plus a nice Carhartt knit hat makes those 40 degree mornings comfortable.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
“Rust belters”? “6 months of sh*tty weather-ers”? I dunno, I just meant to steer away from all the dweebs down south who will be all “hurr durr what’s winter lol”.

Maybe I’ll call us “people who will still have fresh water in 20 years” people?:LOL:
Lmao. All good adjectives.

Sponsored

6th Floor Mule

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 6MT
Oh, look at all his posts, the guy is a complete jerk. No regard for anyone other than himself, obviously racist. I wish I could punch him in the face! So rude and inconsiderate. Not a single helpful or entertaining post on the whole forum.

But I digress, throw a sweatshirt on, crank up the heat, turn on your seat warmers and you're good to go!!!!
Yeah, so many Mike’s from Colorado! You must have waited for him to be banned before joining the forum 🧐. It’s almost like one day “Bad Mike” disappeared and then “Good Mike” showed up 🤪.

Marbleman33

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL 4 Door
Starting to get to the point where I’m not top down/doors off by default; the daily highs are warm enough but especially morning around 8 when I’m driving my kids to school it’s in the 40s and no one wants the top off for that. I’m thinking it’s hardtop time this weekend.

Anyone else?

Jeep Wrangler JL What do we think, northern Jeepers, is it Hardtop Time? Feb 2021
Im in Huntley IL. Hard tops on.

Sponsored

webwbr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Sting Gray
Occupation
Amateur Cynic/Professional Skeptic
Western suburbs of Chicago here... soft top is now in the 'up' position, and will go back 'down' as soon as a 48 hour or more stretch of warmer temps arrives. Same with doors.

Hard top does not go on until the threat of snow hits (I don't want that weight on top of my soft top).

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 2022 JLUR Diesel
Gotta wait til it stops raining...

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
Southern illinois here and still have the soft top down all the time. Its chilly in the morning and night though. Hard top will be going on in the next couple weeks. I love putting the HT on, just the look and comfort with the headliner installed.

OP
OP
S2k Chris

S2k Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
Southern illinois here and still have the soft top down all the time. Its chilly in the morning and night though. Hard top will be going on in the next couple weeks. I love putting the HT on, just the look and comfort with the headliner installed.
Those are basically the only two times I drive so I’m like “f it”.
Sponsored