Sponsored

What do we think, northern Jeepers, is it Hardtop Time?

S2k Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
Starting to get to the point where I’m not top down/doors off by default; the daily highs are warm enough but especially morning around 8 when I’m driving my kids to school it’s in the 40s and no one wants the top off for that. I’m thinking it’s hardtop time this weekend.

Anyone else?

Jeep Wrangler JL What do we think, northern Jeepers, is it Hardtop Time? A1271942-74DA-46A5-B0F2-D3D2379F8A91
Sponsored

Xcoaste

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Past - '13 JKU, '97 TJ, '93 YJ
I am holding out a few more weeks. My forecast is similar to yours, but the afternoons are really nice to feel that open air!

I usually switch by now since I coach baseball and putting the gear in the back with the soft window is a hassle, but this year I have had the rear windows out so much it hasn't been too bad loading up.

OP
OP
S2k Chris

S2k Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
The putting stuff in the back is so much better with HT on. Also, my other car is a convertible so if we get a stretch of nice weather I can just drive that.

Frank R.

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
It's not even doors-on time yet. Made it to November last year, hope to repeat this year.

Mornings have been low 40s here lately, but the heated seats and steering wheel definitely take the edge off.

Sponsored

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

I should have waited a month, supposed to hit 80 here on Sunday

Deleted member 59498

Its rained here since July. Was raining this morning for that matter. September is generally sunny and beautiful weather... not this year. Didn't even get the freedom panels off. Been around 45F.

OP
OP
S2k Chris

S2k Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
Do you really call yourselves "Northerners"? That's cute.
“Rust belters”? “6 months of sh*tty weather-ers”? I dunno, I just meant to steer away from all the dweebs down south who will be all “hurr durr what’s winter lol”.

Maybe I’ll call us “people who will still have fresh water in 20 years” people?:LOL:

hotsauce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chief Blue Rubicon 2dr
Clubs

I put the doors and side and back panels back on just yesterday. Doors are easy enough and I have the Sunrider that I can fold back too. It's a somber day when everything goes back on.

Sponsored

Rustynail11

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
It is just the opposite here in Texas. We are just now hitting peak roof and doors off season. Was in the mid 60's on my way to the office today and it was perfect.

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Wow, I’m jealous. Summer is underway here in California. Seems like the hottest part of the year is September, October now 🔥

Jeep Wrangler JL What do we think, northern Jeepers, is it Hardtop Time? 1EFA33A6-5735-4D5B-A86A-DBB3D66F30F8

dcmdon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
My doors went back on about 2 weeks ago. I don't expect to take them off again before spring.

I've got a Sunrider and its been open for the last month.

In the summer, I tend to keep the top closed for shade with the doors off.

Spring and fall are top open times. I'm guessing I'll leave the Sunrider installed until the end of November. Then put the freedom panels in.

Even in November, if you get a 50 deg blue sky day its nice to open the top
Sponsored