Sponsored

What do people think of the teraflex nomads?

OP
OP

sjappers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, tacoma
Love the titanium gray Nomads! I was hoping they might offer a matte bronze but seeing these on your Jeep I’ve decided the gray will work just fine. I like how you get a little more contrast, shows off the wheel design IMHO.
yes they look awsome. I am going to attempt to plasti dip the rash rings red. I should get rings friday and have some time to mess with it. the nice thing about plastidip is you can just peel it off if you dont like it, or so I am told. we will see. now I have to find a good color of red..
Sponsored

Somnium

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon - Sting Gray
Occupation
Systems Administrator - IT
IMG_4382.JPG

IMG_4383.JPG

jeep1.JPG

jeep2.JPG

thats no lift and bfg 315/70r/17 load range c. wheels/tires poke about 2.5 inches outside fender. I really like the looks, and the air down is quick and very functional.
The Titanium really looks good with the Sting Gray - thanks for helping me decide with the pix!

OP
OP

sjappers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, tacoma
How well do they hold a bead when aired down?
they are supposed to, but I have not had it lower than 20psi and that was on sand. I have never aired down and crawled over a rock, or dropped off a shelf.

Sponsored

whitee27

First Name
Chris White
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR
yes they look awsome. I am going to attempt to plasti dip the rash rings red. I should get rings friday and have some time to mess with it. the nice thing about plastidip is you can just peel it off if you dont like it, or so I am told. we will see. now I have to find a good color of red..
Did you plastidip them yet? Curious how they turned out.

Tredsdert

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Forester, 2021 Jeep Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution
Does anyone know if the release valve is a patented design? I feel like there should be more options to install these in other rims! Can I buy just the release valve and install them in other rims? I got a drill press, so making good holes in rims won't be an issue. :P
I like the functionality, but I'd rather have beadlocks!

Tredsdert

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Forester, 2021 Jeep Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution
How well do they hold a bead when aired down?
There is a YouTuber named Casey250 whom runs these. He's had them down to 12psi and they seem to hold very well, no issues that he's mentioned! He has the premium Nomads with the textured seating.

Sponsored

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know if the release valve is a patented design? I feel like there should be more options to install these in other rims! Can I buy just the release valve and install them in other rims? I got a drill press, so making good holes in rims won't be an issue. :P
I like the functionality, but I'd rather have beadlocks!
Powertank Monster valves can be installed in most any wheel. No idea on the TF version.

apettit7

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Occupation
IT
There is a YouTuber named Casey250 whom runs these. He's had them down to 12psi and they seem to hold very well, no issues that he's mentioned! He has the premium Nomads with the textured seating.
I've been running my nomads at 12 psi as well with no issues

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx-retired
these wheels were on my short list for awhile. I just couldn’t see spending beadlock money and not getting beadlocks. I’ve been running 12psi with regular wheels for 30 years with few problems (2 popped beads), so I ultimately decided no, but I do like the idea of better bead grip. The weight of the wheel was also a consideration.

balbright18

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Was hesitant because of the price like av8or said above, but kept coming back to them because of their unique look. Couldn't be happier. Love the look.

Wrapped in 35x12.5R17 KO2s

My first of many Mods hopefully! Just got the 2021 at the end of Sept.

Jeep Wrangler JL What do people think of the teraflex nomads? 20201112_165100

apettit7

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Occupation
IT
Was hesitant because of the price like av8or said above, but kept coming back to them because of their unique look. Couldn't be happier. Love the look.

Wrapped in 35x12.5R17 KO2s

My first of many Mods hopefully! Just got the 2021 at the end of Sept.

Jeep Wrangler JL What do people think of the teraflex nomads? 20201112_165100
Those look awesome!!
Sponsored