Sponsored

What do I need to know about ReGen?

the_jeepeo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Would someone be so kind as to break down the necessaries regarding what an average diesel owner needs to know about ReGen?

I've watched this video a couple times and I'm interested in the data he's breaking down but I'm not understanding exactly what I should be doing as an operator if I'm watching my DPF levels.

I like the way he's wired in an simple auxiliary ODB interface near the dash but I'm unclear as to what I'm trying to avoid doing or doing.
Sponsored

Deleted member 59498

I don't think I need to know much myself, I do know the Jeep will tell me if I need to keep driving to complete the regen but have never seen it to this point of ownership.

Some people keep an eye on it with readers and even soot levels. I don't think I need to know all of that myself.

Gorilla57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito
Easiest answer, just drive it. The new emissions systems are very good at completing a regen without you ever knowing it. If you interrupt a regen too many times and the DPF can't keep up, the dash will tell you to keep driving. Otherwise, just enjoy the diesel. :rock:

Sponsored

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
Buy and install a ScanGauge or similar device.

Check if Regen is on or off. If on, then drive around the block a few times until it's finished.

Check if turbo temps are high, if high, then idle for a few minutes until the temp drops.

If you miss either of these occasionally then don't fret.

Enjoy the torque!

Tank the Jeep

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
I had a 2015 GC WK2 diesel and now the 2020 JLURD. The GC would occasionally tell me to keep driving. That happened a few times in 89k miles. The JLURD has 25k and I donā€™t recall seeing a similar message. A couple of times it smelled hot, pretty sure it was a regen. Anyway, just drive and enjoy the torque. Your Jeep will take care of itself.

rcliff1

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 tj, 2014 Mustang GT, 2017 Ford F350 Dually, 2020 Diesel Rubicon on order
46k miles, never have known when it regens. Just drive it.

JL Diesel

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 JL Diesel Sport S
Buy and install a ScanGauge or similar device.

Check if Regen is on or off. If on, then drive around the block a few times until it's finished.

Check if turbo temps are high, if high, then idle for a few minutes until the temp drops.

If you miss either of these occasionally then don't fret.

Enjoy the torque!
Just turn off ESS before you try to idle ;)

Geos7812

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I have a ScanGauge because I am a geek. Those that are saying just drive itā€¦. They are right. Regens are easy in this thing. You will get the message if you constantly do 5 minute trips up to or after you reach an 80% soot load. It only happens if the Regen canā€™t complete constantly and the Regen only takes 10 min. Does anyone really only take 5 minute trips?