Sponsored

What do I need to do in order to fit 35s?

Demanda

First Name
Sheryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon
Hey everyone!

I live in British Columbia and am new to wheeling, but absolutely love it! Most of the rigs I’ve been going out with have 35” tires and at least a 3” or 3.5” lift. I have a 2020 Rubicon Recon edition and want a similar build so am looking at lift and 35” tires. I’ve heard different information about what is required and what might affect warranty coverage from different people. I’ve called the local dealerships and it sounds like if I go through them I’m looking at about $10,000 CAD for the lift and tires. I’m wondering if it’s really worth it to go through the dealership and if I need to go with Mopar lift or if I can use an after market brand. Also, if I do go with the Mopar 2” lift, would it accommodate 37” tires if I want to go with bigger tires down the road.
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome to the forum.

Whoa that sounds excessive!

I’ve seen the Mopar 2”, which is a pricey lift, listed for US$1,200; labor should be around US$1,000. A good quality 35” tire should run about US$300/each, and a set of good quality 8.5-inch wheels about US$150/each. You can do the math.

Any competent independent garage or muffler shop should be willing to install the lift.

Check out Quadratec, Northridge 4x4 and Extreme Terrain for lift, tire and wheel options.

Good luck!

PS - I would stay away from 4 Wheel Parts; they suck!

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
37s fit just fine with the Mopar 2" lift. Thing is, you'll get more than 2" with this kit. I easily got over 3", but it's settled down over time. I do rub a little bit in the rear at greater articulation, but it's just against some of the plastic liner between the fender and the bumper. It's no biggie.

Untitled-1.jpg

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
With regards to mods and honoring the warranty: only your dealer knows that. Some dealers are pretty easy going about it, others are total nazis, and there’s everything else in between.

There’s no real rhyme or reason, it is however the dealer feels that day, and FCA lets them do whatever they want. Best you can do is have a frank chat with your service manager to get a feel for things.

But I can tell you already that US$7,500/CDN$10,000 for a Mopar lift and 35” tires...they are smoking weed.

OP
OP
Demanda

Demanda

First Name
Sheryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon
37s fit just fine with the Mopar 2" lift. Thing is, you'll get more than 2" with this kit. I easily got over 3", but it's settled down over time. I do rub a little bit in the rear at greater articulation, but it's just against some of the plastic liner between the fender and the bumper. It's no biggie.

Untitled-1.jpg
Thank you, I had heard that the 2” lift actually gives between 3-4”.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Demanda

Demanda

First Name
Sheryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon
With regards to mods and honoring the warranty: only your dealer knows that. Some dealers are pretty easy going about it, others are total nazis, and there’s everything else in between.

There’s no real rhyme or reason, it is however the dealer feels that day, and FCA lets them do whatever they want. Best you can do is have a frank chat with your service manager to get a feel for things.

But I can tell you already that US$7,500/CDN$10,000 for a Mopar lift and 35” tires...they are smoking weed.
I understand that I would also need a tire relocate kit and to recalibrate, but I don’t need to regear to go to 35s... so I’ve really been struggling with the quotes that vary between $9,100 and $10,500.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
I understand that I would also need a tire relocate kit and to recalibrate, but I don’t need to regear to go to 35s... so I’ve really been struggling with the quotes that vary between $9,100 and $10,500.
Absolutely ridiculous. I don't know what the average shop rate for labor is up there, but the kit shouldn't take more than 2-3 hours tops to install with professional tools and a lift. I did it in a day and a half with hand tools and that's only because I got hung up on a control arm bolt that was way overtorqued from the factory.

Don't buy tires from a dealership. They're clearly marking up everything by thousands of dollars for this. Again, I don't know what costs are up there, but I paid $1,100 US for the kit (price matched from an OEM vendor), and $1,650ish US for my tires.

It should cost you less than half of what they're quoting you for everything, including installation.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
You will need some sort of tailgate reinforcement with relocation kit, that’ll run you between US$400 and $600, and a Tazer Mini to recalibrate your speedo is US$329.

If I were in your shoes, the first thing I’d do is find out if the dealer will honor the factory warranty if with you get a lift installed elsewhere. If they say yes, I’d find a reputable muffler shop or independent garage and get a quote for the installation.

For wheels, I’d check Quadratec. They will give you a quote for your order shipped to Canada if you PM them on here. You may also want to check for tire options and prices, the tailgate reinforcement, spare tire adapter and the Tazer while you are at it.

Gadgettr1

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase
Hey everyone!

I live in British Columbia and am new to wheeling, but absolutely love it! Most of the rigs I’ve been going out with have 35” tires and at least a 3” or 3.5” lift. I have a 2020 Rubicon Recon edition and want a similar build so am looking at lift and 35” tires. I’ve heard different information about what is required and what might affect warranty coverage from different people. I’ve called the local dealerships and it sounds like if I go through them I’m looking at about $10,000 CAD for the lift and tires. I’m wondering if it’s really worth it to go through the dealership and if I need to go with Mopar lift or if I can use an after market brand. Also, if I do go with the Mopar 2” lift, would it accommodate 37” tires if I want to go with bigger tires down the road.
I have a 2020 Rubicon with the Mopar 2" lift and I'm running 315/70/17 Ridge Grapplers (basically 35's but weighing 5lbs less on each corner). I decided against 37's for now at least because the added weight didn't seem worth an extra 1" for what I've been doing. Plus I can still hit 8th gear (automatic) when on the highway. On the Rubicon, the Mopar kit will get you 2"-2.5" or so, on none Rubi's, they've been getting a bit more. I measured mine at 2.5" a few days after installing it. I haven't checked it since then. My dealer quoted me $1700.00 installed for my lift (including the lift itself). With the 35's there's no rubbing also if that matters, but as Spank said the rubbing with 37's is minor if you choose that route. Others have posted that they've just used a hair dryer or heat gun to heat up the inner liner and reshape it where the tire touches and it's all good from there.

IMG_4997~photo.JPG

starrs

First Name
Galen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Registered Nurse
Wouldn’t the AEV 2” spacer lift be the perfect solution for running 35s? Will give you back the stock stance while going to 35s

Sponsored

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
10K for lift and tires? Heck I'll fly up there with a couple buddies and install it for that. Seriously, that is a HUGE budget and way excessive for what you are wanting. Unless the exchange rate went nuts, you should be able to get by with about 1/2 to 2/3's of that. Check the OME, AEV or even the Mopar lift and choose your rims and tires. Should be almost half that. As for install, check the local clubs, we will help for burgers and beer.

mnjeeper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 2021 JLUR
For that price, why not wait till you can come to the US and get a vacation out of it?

Engmoreau

First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLRU
You have a Rubicon, you can fit 35s stock. Just go to a tire shop.... that’s one of the main reasons why you paid so much

maaark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
You don't need a lift kit to fit 35" tires under a rubicon.

Also, please do not pay 10k for the mopar mall crawler lift kit. For that price you could have a legit off road shop install a top of the line mid arm lift kit and still have extra left over for a bumper, winch, and squadron pro lights.

Also, you might think about installing it yourself. You learn a lot about your vehicle that way. Also, installing lifts is super fun. Honing in the alignment does blow a little but you really just need to get it close enough so that you can drive it to a shop for a proper alignment.

Look into this setup:
Rock Krawler X-factor lift
Fox 2.5" Factory Reservoir Shocks
Wheels with at least 3.5" backspacing
Tire of your choice

Good luck with everything!
Sponsored