Sponsored

What Distinguishes A 2 Door From A 4 Door Buyer?

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
at first i was looking at the 4 door models and test drove one. then decided to check out the 2 door model, test drove it and came home with it that day, what lead me in getting a 2 door are: i'm single 95% of the time its me driving. 5% picking up a buddy of mine to grab lunch once in a blue moon.. gone with a base model with hardly any options. and the price. the ride quality is not bad at all. and the gas mileage is great.

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
2 door owner: Looks good, can park anywhere, Jeep makes kids strong and agile.
4 door owner: Always high centered, kids worry about their hair and nails demand elevator to get into Jeep, god bless their chunky lil hearts. I would ask more about them but most are still trying to parallel park somewhere.

HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue
What distinguishes a 2 door Wrangler buyer from a 4 door Wrangler buyer?
I have had two 2-door Wranglers in the past. A 2002 and a 2012. My next one, 2019 or 2020, will be a 4-dr for 3 reasons:
1) Ride comfort and safety on the highway. 70-90 mph in heavy "haulin' ass traffic" (yes, that is reality driving in Dallas) in a 2-dr is very uncomfortable and feels kinda dangerous.
2) Extra space. It's hard to make a 2-dr your only vehicle and daily driver. The 4 door, with the back seats folded down, opens up so many options.
3) Looks!!! Oddly enough, I considered an Unlimited in 2012. But, at that time, I was NOT a fan of the looks. I hated it!!! To me a REAL Jeep only had 2 doors. Funny how our opinions change sometimes, right?. Today, in my opinion, the Unlimited has the right look. A 2-dr looks great on the trails but just wrong for the road, especially on high speed highways.

Sponsored

Therby

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL sport 2dr
Vehicle Showcase
2dr cause im poor and wanna have jeep fun
Sponsored