Sponsored

What did you screw up or tear up on your Jeep today?

WannFly

First Name
Priyo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4Xe - ordered, 2019 RAM 1500
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber security
this happened yesterday, but while test fitting oracle reverse light... i lost one of the suppled screws lol
Sponsored

JP29

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport
Just yesterday, was trying to take my Euro covers off. Screw got bound in the captive nut and then the nut tore out of it's hole.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you screw up or tear up on your Jeep today? 20220208_101931

Will have to remove this at some point, but it's not going anywhere and the bumper will be tossed eventually.

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

While Iā€™m not aiming to get them, the ones Iā€™ve gottenā€¦have some memories with them. I still break out the touch up if I see primer though. lol
For sure, I still two bucket wash, and wax, and do my best to keep the paint in great shape. It looks great, but if you get close or catch the light just right you can see brush stripes and wheel rash. It still polishes up better than most peoples dailies and commuters because the paint isnt swirled with scratches from drive through washes. Jeepeto II was striped from bumper to bumper but when she was freshly washed people would always compliment it or ask if it was new.

Do take care of it, just donā€™t sweat the inevitable stripes that are to come.

Mudduck

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys 4door
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you screw up or tear up on your Jeep today? 057A6744-BBEF-456A-A96A-C564176D70CD
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you screw up or tear up on your Jeep today? 11E12B0E-A4C7-4FDF-957C-DF8C53310DDC
This idiot decided to bite into a can of white Raptor liner. The entire rear seats and floor mats are peppered with it. I yelled at him, he barked at meā€¦ I wanted to round house him in the dome.

Nitehawk92

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLU Reign Rubicon 14 Mazda, 22 Hyundia Santa Fe
accidently tore the passenger side foam blocker while installing the Mopar Black Satin Grill. Didn't realize that it was also glued to the f'ing grill frame.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you screw up or tear up on your Jeep today? 11E12B0E-A4C7-4FDF-957C-DF8C53310DDC
So you got the grill that comes on the Willys? If that is it, I want to get the black grill for my Red Sahara. If you don't mind me asking, how much was the grill?

Sponsored

Chile1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2016 BMW X5M
Occupation
Biotech Sales Management
Vehicle Showcase
So you got the grill that comes on the Willys? If that is it, I want to get the black grill for my Red Sahara. If you don't mind me asking, how much was the grill?
i could be wrong but i think the Willys comes with a gloss black grill. The one i have is the Mopar Black Satin Grill which normally goes for ~$300 + s/h.

Nitehawk92

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLU Reign Rubicon 14 Mazda, 22 Hyundia Santa Fe
I did and even though the Mopar Satin Grille comes with new foam pieces, i still went ahead and purchased a replacement trim foam for the white grill i took off... i did not realize that the foam parts were also held on by push pins until it was too late. Everything else was very simple to install.

I'm still on the fences on the satin blk grill so i wanted to have the white grill ready to go if i changed my mind.

When I get my Sahara, I am going to do the black grille also. The Willys I have seen look really sharp with the Red body and black grille.

IQ_imbalance

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon 3.0d
Pretty sure i cross-threaded the bolts that hold the cowl on. I cleaned and chased the threads on the bolts and the captive nut in the cowl panel and no matter how hard I tried and tried to get things lined up after probably 5 minutes of not being able to get the bolt started...once it grabbed i ran with it and didn't turn back.

Hogdreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Cherokee, 2021 Sahara Altitude
I about freaked out when driving home from work today and it started hailing. There was a lot of nasty weather in the area with major sized hail but luckily the hail that hit my Jeep didn't get any bigger than pea sized. I wonder how large the hail needs to be before the Sky One Touch Top is unable to keep it from penetrating?

Probably would have completely missed that weather but I needed to stop for fuel on the way home. The fuel stations in the area went up at least twenty cents a gallon today and Costco was fifty five cents a gallon cheaper. Hail damage would have wiped out that savings pretty quick though.

I did want to wash my Jeep tonight after getting back from a walk with my wife. Was talking with a neighbor when my next door neighbor called me to come over. He and his son were brewing beer and he wanted to show me their process. Cool but the only problem was they started at one in the afternoon and it was now about seven in the evening. They'd been drinking beer since about the start and it showed. Or rather, it slurred. I wonder if he'll even remember tomorrow that he talked with me tonight?

Sponsored

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

Smacked something right near the end of the trail and knocked my alignment out. Now I have to find time this week to get it in for an alignment. Weird thing is, what ever it was, wasnā€™t the hardest ding I took. I canā€˜t even think of what it was.

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
Smacked something right near the end of the trail and knocked my alignment out. Now I have to find time this week to get it in for an alignment. Weird thing is, what ever it was, wasnā€™t the hardest ding I took. I canā€˜t even think of what it was.
Not to worry youā€¦but unless a track bar or adjustable control arm bolt is a bit loose, thereā€™s not much to realignā€¦hope you didnā€™t bend somethingā€¦..

AC87

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Service Technician
I don't have anything sever yet, some scrapes on skidplate and tow hook, some light agitation on the rims from rocks, some paint chipped off the hinges even after putting on some PPF on them myself, oh well. It is what it is.

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

Not to worry youā€¦but unless a track bar or adjustable control arm bolt is a bit loose, thereā€™s not much to realignā€¦hope you didnā€™t bend somethingā€¦..
Yeah, Iā€™m concerned it might be the track bar, Iā€™m going to have a closer look this morning. Worse case I put a TMR Customs 2.5 tonne on.

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
Slowly ease your way into it. I soon realized its way more fun to off road than it is to have a clean jeep that owns you and gives you anxiety every time dust gets on it.
Words for Jeepers to live by right here!
Sponsored