Sponsored

What did you screw up or tear up on your Jeep today?

OP
OP
Down South

Down South

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Retired
Well, you know what they say. Bad decisions make great stories.
Sponsored

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

While I’m not aiming to get them, the ones I’ve gotten…have some memories with them. I still break out the touch up if I see primer though. lol
I’m pretty particular, with my WRX I was careful where I parked, left the dogs at home, and was generally paranoid about perfect paint. Always concerned with door dings, scratches, etc. Even with the Jeep, I only do 2 bucket hand wash, and it keep it waxed. I never once took my last Jeep through an automatic wash. I make sure to keep the paint free of micro scratches from bad washing because even with brush stripes it still cleaned up super nice. But I wasn’t afraid to get trail rash, it comes with the territory. From 10 feet it looks awesome, and if anyone ever did notice it was always in a good way; “oh wow! You are one of the few that actually use their Jeep’s! That’s awesome!” Never a negative word, it’s the way it should look in my opinion. Didn’t even hurt the resale. I’m waiting to take delivery on a much nicer rig, and I won’t hesitate to drag it down a tight trail, or drop the bumper on a rock ledge. And the dogs will have the cabin air filter clogged in the first 5,000 miles just like the last one. It’s not worth the hit in resale (if any) to keep it pristine

ReimundKrohn

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Islander Sting Grey
Vandalism......sometimes I feel that is worse than theft!
It is. When something is stolen from you, it is because the thief recognized it’s value and coveted it. When something of yours is vandalized, it is because the vandal wanted to demonstrate their utter contempt for you and what you own.

“This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken.”
- Stephen R. Donaldson.

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
I washed it, it rained, then got road grime again and then sun came back out...

Just doesn't like to be clean I guess.

Sort of like giving the dog a bath and runs out side and wallows around in the flower bed.
My doodle did that. Fresh out of a bath and she runs out the back door and rolls in the freshly cut grass. She was green as can be and so proud of herself :CWL:.
IMG_0400-X3.jpg

Sponsored

AZ Hella

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
A better steering stabilizer is a good idea anyway….and the black fenders are fairly inexpensive….
I ordered another factory stabilizer. Only $31 and I do t have any steering issues. And that damaged fender is the perfect excuse to order a fender chop kit!

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
My brother-in-law thought it was funny to add bandaids to my trail damage.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you screw up or tear up on your Jeep today? 62592EA9-35B2-45BE-9A8E-60C5BD24FBA0

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
accidently tore the passenger side foam blocker while installing the Mopar Black Satin Grill. Didn't realize that it was also glued to the f'ing grill frame.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you screw up or tear up on your Jeep today? 62592EA9-35B2-45BE-9A8E-60C5BD24FBA0
I did not swap my Mopar satin black grill yet. I have a satin black grill in the sealed box. Is this the piece that is attached to the corners of the original painted grill? I thought the foam parts were snapped in with those plastic snaps? You just pry them loose and glue them back on the satin black grill after swapping? Any other parts have to be swapped?

Did you swap 2 side and 1 lower painted trim parts also?

Chile1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2016 BMW X5M
Occupation
Biotech Sales Management
Vehicle Showcase
I did not swap my Mopar satin black grill yet. I have a satin black grill in the sealed box. Is this the piece that is attached to the corners of the original painted grill? I thought the foam parts were snapped in with those plastic snaps? You just pry them loose and glue them back on the satin black grill after swapping? Any other parts have to be swapped?

Did you swap 2 side and 1 lower painted trim parts also?
I did and even though the Mopar Satin Grille comes with new foam pieces, i still went ahead and purchased a replacement trim foam for the white grill i took off... i did not realize that the foam parts were also held on by push pins until it was too late. Everything else was very simple to install.

I'm still on the fences on the satin blk grill so i wanted to have the white grill ready to go if i changed my mind.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you screw up or tear up on your Jeep today? 0B03DCAB-1336-4CE6-886C-652FE907B6B4

Last edited:

drtrdr85

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
A better steering stabilizer is a good idea anyway….and the black fenders are fairly inexpensive….
Well...I didn't mess it up but someone else did. Young kid hit me at a dead stop not the freeway at about 35mph...Bumber held up well! Thanks @LODoffraod.

IMG_0472.jpeg

IMG_0477.jpeg

Dale's Jeep

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL 4door Rubicon
Occupation
Retired U.S. Army 23 years
Not today but a week or so ago I screwed up the rear axle sensor doing the potting thing must of hit the circuit board but nothing tazer axle harness didn't fix.

Austin23

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Well...I didn't mess it up but someone else did. Young kid hit me at a dead stop not the freeway at about 35mph...Bumber held up well! Thanks @LODoffraod.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you screw up or tear up on your Jeep today? IMG_0477

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you screw up or tear up on your Jeep today? IMG_0477
That's an amazing contrast of damage. First of all, I hope everyone was okay. Secondly, I'm glad you came out relatively unscathed. I had a small fender bender in a parking lot with my rear stock steel bumper. His poor Nissan Sentra's front end was crushed, and I barely had a scratch.
Sponsored