Sponsored

What did you screw up or tear up on your Jeep today?

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
Smashed/Cracked Driver side tail light on Windrock Trail 16. Everything still works for now but it's not waterproof anymore!
I don’t like how far these stick our and it’s a matter of time before the forest removes it for me. I am debating flush mounted round LED taillights as a early solution.

DarthDug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Engineer
I don’t like how far these stick our and it’s a matter of time before the forest removes it for me. I am debating flush mounted round LED taillights as a early solution.
Replacing with new OEM is $600! So I am looking at flush mount light right now as well. I have Blind Spot Detection currently and want to keep it. I hear Oracle Lighting is coming out with something soon.

Will

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Smashed/Cracked Driver side tail light on Windrock Trail 16. Everything still works for now but it's not waterproof anymore!

tempImageeb5VVI.jpg
That trail has mud year round, but if you went recently I’m sure there wasn’t a lot of traction to had. Nice job getting out of there with only a taillight on the damage report!

WilhelmSR

First Name
Wilhelm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HellaYella JLUR
I may or may not be posting here tomorrow. Cutting my hood for the Mopar CAI.

Sponsored

backs1de

First Name
Brando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon - 3.6l Auto - Stingrey
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Biomed Engineer
Clubs

this thread brings me joy, i feel alone sometimes when people don't want to "scratch up" their jeep on the trails.

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
Didn’t really tear up anything (or don’t think so). But I did screw up and left the top back when it rained.

8CA84B04-43E7-4540-BF3B-34C2EA07103A.jpeg

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed
Well, I was installing Rustys rear LCA to frame skids. Bolt on right? Passenger side not so much as factory gas tank skid was in the way and needed to be clearanced/notched.
I was careful but still managed to put two divots in the actual plastic tank. No leaks right now but time will tell if this was a major expensive mistake.

Chile1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2016 BMW X5M
Occupation
Biotech Sales Management
Vehicle Showcase
accidently tore the passenger side foam blocker while installing the Mopar Black Satin Grill. Didn't realize that it was also glued to the f'ing grill frame.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you screw up or tear up on your Jeep today? 1631332049058

Sponsored

OP
OP
Down South

Down South

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Retired
I'm in the process of putting all of my flat towing gear on my current Jeep. I'm hoping that I don't screw something up.

I had installed all of this gear on my previous Jeep, a 2020 JLU. Wiring harness, break away switch, breaking system, charge circuit, etc.
The JLU developed an engine problem and the engine needed to be replaced under warranty. Since I had other previous problems with it, I traded out of it for the 2020 JLUR I currently have.

I wanted to run this Jeep for a while to make sure it didn't have problems before I went to all the trouble to install all of this gear.
It has passed the test and I'm getting ready to hit the road again with my motorhome.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Not me but Friday I tried a new shop besides the dealership who’s left wet oil and footprints inside and outside my Jeep, loose lug nuts, hammered on lug nuts, & not asked for oil changes where they over tightened the oil pan drain plug….

They didn’t use a torque wrench(came back and saw him hammer my spare lugs way past 59 ft lbs(spec) and crushed my backup camera cover somehow. I suspect the guy dropped the tire on it?

I hate people. So many lazy f’n morons out there. When I called “Yeah we use a torque wrench.” This is the same shop who’s done great work on my regear and a previous rear Ox locker install but this is the first time I’ve seen this dentally challenged guy.

I was supposed to have the Rubicon done right after….I told the lady we wouldn’t be doing that one now and why they weren’t.

WTH. I paid twice what the dealer charged, $40 for rotation only. I’d of paid more….to be done right.

Being a former machinist and aircraft mechanic/crew chief…I want it done right so I give up. I’ll be doing it myself like the oil changes.

OP
OP
Down South

Down South

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Retired
Not me but Friday I tried a new shop besides the dealership who’s left wet oil and footprints inside and outside my Jeep, loose lug nuts, hammered on lug nuts, & not asked for oil changes where they over tightened the oil pan drain plug….

They didn’t use a torque wrench(came back and saw him hammer my spare lugs way past 59 ft lbs(spec) and crushed my backup camera cover somehow. I suspect the guy dropped the tire on it?

I hate people. So many lazy f’n morons out there. When I called “Yeah we use a torque wrench.” This is the same shop who’s done great work on my regear and a previous rear Ox locker install but this is the first time I’ve seen this dentally challenged guy.

I was supposed to have the Rubicon done right after….I told the lady we wouldn’t be doing that one now and why they weren’t.

WTH. I paid twice what the dealer charged, $40 for rotation only. I’d of paid more….to be done right.

Being a former machinist and aircraft mechanic/crew chief…I want it done right so I give up. I’ll be doing it myself like the oil changes.
I completely understand. I was a offshore mechanic for 30 years. I've had too many shops screw up stuff. I won't use a shop unless I have to.
I do my own maintenance as well. I'll be changing the oil in my motorhome tomorrow or the next day.
I get the satisfaction of knowing it's done right and it saves a ton of money.

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I know jeeps are built for off road but man Im so scared to hurt my new jeep costing over $40k.....jeeps are expensive
Rip that bandaid off man. Future you will thank current you. Once you have a few brush stripes and some scratches on the wheels you realize it’s not the end of the world, and you now have a blank check for fun.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Rip that bandaid off man. Future you will thank current you. Once you have a few brush stripes and some scratches on the wheels you realize it’s not the end of the world, and you now have a blank check for fun.
While I’m not aiming to get them, the ones I’ve gotten…have some memories with them. I still break out the touch up if I see primer though. lol
Sponsored