Sponsored

What did you screw up or tear up on your Jeep today?

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
I scratched the paint inside of the passenger door using it for work. Should have used the work van that day. Also minor scuffs on the front bumper trying recover my wife's car at the beach.

Sparty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Sold) 04 TJ, 21 JTR, 21 JLR
Topless/doorless - I can usually pull alongside my mailbox and grab the mail from the passengers seat.

My mailbox sits on a wooden almost box - think (2) 3' x 1.5' planks of wood on each side.

I found out that my rear JL fenders stick out a little further than my rear TJ fenders.

The minor scratch on my unpainted (good choice!) rear fender pales in comparison to the condition of the mailbox pedestal

Sponsored

davewald

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.davewaldrop.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Sort of, kinda retired....mostly
Rock rash on the new wheels.

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
On the contrary! I put it through some rough, rocky, steep trails the past few days. It performed very well and never complained. I might have added some scrapes on the wheels, there are lots of marks on the sidewalls but hopefully no cuts, and surely more chips on the door hinges from gravel.
Here it is parked on top of Radical Hill outside Montezuma, CO.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you screw up or tear up on your Jeep today? DSC_2161c

Sponsored

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
I know jeeps are built for off road but man Im so scared to hurt my new jeep costing over $40k.....jeeps are expensive
Easy dirt roads are still an amazing way to get off the beaten path and enjoy a Jeep, probably with less risk than driving on most freeways. We bought our Jeep with the intent of wheeling it. The dent in the door was the first body damage in 2+ years of running tough trails. We do our best to avoid damage above the sliders, but I’d hardly call the Jeep messed up by a little trail wound. I’ll trade the money spent on this hobby for the memories any day. There’s always time to make more money, I try to focus on making memories.

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
Was using an air compressor that was connected to the battery to help a friend with a flat tire in a remote area on his motorcycle. The hood was propped open; an unexpected wind gust slammed the hood back against the windshield header. $215 of PDR work repaired the damage the same day. Lesson learned…redline hood struts have been ordered. What a cheap azz design for a $57,000 vehicle.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

Got 3 of the 4 rims on gold mountain a couple weekends ago.. gotta say the aluminum doesnt like touching rock... oooooouch, gonna look for a wheel with no beadlocking ring to help with the rash... also need to find a wheel with a backspacing so i dont go rubing the falcon shocks on the tires again.... so much for shiny and new lol
Sponsored