Sponsored

What did you screw up or tear up on your Jeep today?

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

Driveline. Time for upgrade.
1B628142-F991-4A0D-B522-E775BB287F56.jpeg
J.E. Reel. good guys over there. My old man and his old business partner have always got there for all there drive shafts over the last 30 years. I will be using them when i finally tear the ds boot or if i swap my 2.5" springs for 3.5" springs. Doesnt hurt i can will call the parts and walk there from my shop LOL
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Last year, on 2 consecutive Friday nights, some scumbag did some cosmetic damage on my hood. 1st was a bunch of long scratches, some down to the primer, on the forward half of the power dome in between the windshield tie-downs. 2nd was a single ding on the driver side of the hood, in that strong spot that curves from the fender to the hood vent. I never park under trees, weather was calm during that swath of weeks, and this isn't a normal height typical car or sun hood. At about 5'11", the front fenders are high enough to comfortably lean my upper arm flat, and my 38's poke beyond the foot wide fenders by 3-3.5". It requires quite a reach to a not so easily accessible hood to create damage.

Being done by some wretched piece of filth, out of jealousy?, is what makes it sting more than doing worse to it myself.

Fortunately, the ding is only noticeable when facing a past noon sun. And the scratches have me swaying more strongly towards a hood blackout decal from pixeldecals.

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
I know jeeps are built for off road but man Im so scared to hurt my new jeep costing over $40k.....jeeps are expensive
Mine was less than $40k but still expensive to me, probably more so to me than what a decked out Rubicon would cost some other people, but I bought it to use for offroad. In 14 months I've made 5 offroad trips and the only damage has been some rock chips on the door hinges. I have 2 more trips planned for the next 7 months and I'll plan more after that. Whatever else happens to it will be part of the journey.

LiveToWork

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 3500HD
Occupation
Oil patch
I know jeeps are built for off road but man Im so scared to hurt my new jeep costing over $40k.....jeeps are expensive
Slowly ease your way into it. I soon realized its way more fun to off road than it is to have a clean jeep that owns you and gives you anxiety every time dust gets on it.

306overland

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 YJ, 2020 JLU Sahara Altitude(sold), 2023 JLUR
Last year, on 2 consecutive Friday nights, some scumbag did some cosmetic damage on my hood. 1st was a bunch of long scratches, some down to the primer, on the forward half of the power dome in between the windshield tie-downs. 2nd was a single ding on the driver side of the hood, in that strong spot that curves from the fender to the hood vent. I never park under trees, weather was calm during that swath of weeks, and this isn't a normal height typical car or sun hood. At about 5'11", the front fenders are high enough to comfortably lean my upper arm flat, and my 38's poke beyond the foot wide fenders by 3-3.5". It requires quite a reach to a not so easily accessible hood to create damage.

Being done by some wretched piece of filth, out of jealousy?, is what makes it sting more than doing worse to it myself.

Fortunately, the ding is only noticeable when facing a past noon sun. And the scratches have me swaying more strongly towards a hood blackout decal from pixeldecals.
Vandalism......sometimes I feel that is worse than theft!

Sponsored

zdr

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon V6 6-Speed Manual
Not sure yet. Driving home from work, found the check engine light was on. Currently at 569 miles, 12 days old. Only thing I did was pull the engine cover off. That wouldn't cause a check engine light would it?
UPDATE: Got the code (P0456) Evaporative Emissions System Leak Detected (very small leak).

Last edited:

#4Jeep 1st Wrangler

First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Not sure yet. Driving home from work, found the check engine light was on. Currently at 569 miles, 12 days old. Only thing I did was pull the engine cover off. That wouldn't cause a check engine light would it?
UPDATE: Got the code (P0456) Evaporative Emissions System Leak Detected (very small leak).
Better start looking for a vacuum hose connection that was knocked off... or partially disconnected..... not uncommon if your not careful with the cover...

zdr

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Better start looking for a vacuum hose connection that was knocked off... or partially disconnected..... not uncommon if your not careful with the cover...
Checked hoses. Everything appeared good.

HokieRubi

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
I broke a bolt when trying to remove the mounting plate on my ARB compressor. Haven’t even installed the thing yet......I’m pretty dumb!

Sponsored

HokieRubi

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
I had this CEL 3 separate times in the first two months of ownership. Finally they fixed it after attempt 3 and 15 total days at the dealer.....turned out to be a gasket inside the fuel tank was not sealing properly. All in all they replaced my fuel pump, gas tank, filler tube and gas cap gasket. I was almost thinking of pursuing buyback but it’s been solid for a few months now.....hope you got it fixed!

zdr

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think it's the gas cap which is hard to believe. I filled up with gas today after work and my cap was in place but loose. As if someone opened it but then didn't tighten it. I knew it was tight because of this code from Sunday, I tightened the cap. So I checked my gf's 21 Willy's and her cap you have to make an effort to loosen it. In mine, after tightening it the slightest bump (closing the cover) and it's able to just be pulled off without twisting. Hopefully it's just a faulty cap.

geem03

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Occupation
RN/ Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
I've forgotten to put the cap back on numerous times (I blame old age), but I never got a code... I always wondered about that...🤔
Sponsored