@OUTDOORTREE

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
We killed a friggin squirrel... WE stopped though and gave it a decent burial.

We found a little walker and tiny blue slippers lying next to her... Pearl necklace was still around her neck.

Must have been an older and slow gal.

We did try to avoid hitting her...

No Jeep JL was injured in this process...

Before:
lll.jpg

After: ... looked like this but with little slippers and walker lying by left rear foot:

images.jpg
Hahaha, I had a similar incident the other day and my wife gave me a look like "how could you" I said I am not rolling the Jeep for that furry rat, she responded "good point."
Sponsored

Brad41

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ JLUR firecracker red
That's how a Jeep loses it's virginity! Lol! I got into a thunderstorm in mine with the doors off at only a few thousand miles. The rain came in on me sideways. There were no gas stations around and every time I tried to drive toward the lighter sky, the storm gained strength. I finally quit trying and just headed home. By the time I arrived, the driver's side front and rear of the Jeep was just soaked, along with me. Interestingly, the rear cargo area hardly got any water in it, at all.

The great thing about Jeeps is that they dry out nicely. Congrats on breaking yours in!
Thanks, Dan. I agree- what other new vehicle can you drive through a thunderstorm top/sides open and it’s no worse for wear? Awesome

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, Dan. I agree- what other new vehicle can you drive through a thunderstorm top/sides open and it’s no worse for wear? Awesome
Exactly! The great thing is that after the first time it happens, it isn't nearly as big a deal. One night in our JK, my wife and I were driving around with no top (both hard and soft tops were at home) and there was no rain anywhere in the forecast. We got caught in a douwnpour. We raced down the road getting soaked and finally made it under a gas station awning. We sat there and just laughed and laughed. I'm not a very romantic guy, but she looked at it like that in a big way! It was just another priceless memory unique to a Jeep! (I took full advantage of that situation, but in my mind the romance part was like a cheezy movie on the Hallmark channel! Lol!)

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
We killed a friggin squirrel... WE stopped though and gave it a decent burial.

We found a little walker and tiny blue slippers lying next to her... Pearl necklace was still around her neck.

Must have been an older and slow gal.

We did try to avoid hitting her...

No Jeep JL was injured in this process...

Before:
lll.jpg

After: ... looked like this but with little slippers and walker lying by left rear foot:

images.jpg
Lol! I just missed one yesterday. It was really slow and my daughter asked why it wasn't running faster to get out of the way. I told her I though it was actually running as fast as it could, but that it looked like an elderly squirrel who'd lost it's get up and go. I just missted it, so it lived another day. He'll be an easy target for a coyote or fox. At least your squirrel there died VERY quickly. I doubt it felt a thing, being mooshed like that!

aprevite

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Went out for our second off road trip. Took it to Phoenix Off Road Park in Steubenville, OH. The Jeep is a blast and still impresses me what it can go through. Cleaning it off sucks though!

My wife and I are going to the Jeep Jamboree in October and are pretty excited about it. Should be fun to see all the other Jeeps that show up to that!

DSCF1365.jpg

DSCF1373.jpg

DSCF1428.jpg

DSCF1434.jpg

DSCF1440.jpg

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
We were depressed because of the squirrel incident yesterday.......... 8-( :facepalm:

Tfom

First Name
Terence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Where was this?
It's the waterfall I was thinking of. So about 5 years ago I saw a photo of this and I wanted to go there because photography is my hobby. Wherever I was reading about it, they recommended 4wd or high clearance vehicle, which my little car was not. I had grown frustrated by all these places I read avout but couldn't go, so I told my wife (gf at the time) that I wanted my next vehicle to have 4wd. She said she wanted a convertible. That's when I started dreaming about getting a Jeep. I finally picked it up Friday. I couldn't remember the name of the waterfall, I just knew it was on the Little Colorado River. I've been thinking all this week... I have to find that waterfall.

So, thanks for helping me find it again. Now I have my jeep so I can go.

Kurtj29

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Billet Silver
Vehicle Showcase
Drove out to see Mt. Adams on Sunday. I have lived in the PNW for 26 years and have not been to Mt. Adams. Drove on about 40 miles of forest service roads - destroyed my rear fenders.

18DC4318-C407-4154-AC4B-352685EEECCC.jpeg

The roads up to Mt. Adams are single lane made for interesting encounters with vehicles coming down the mountain.

90A61B47-ABC7-42AB-9504-3A7A2DF027D6.jpeg

Mt. Adams is beautiful even through all the fire damage from a few years ago.

E21974A5-9E96-41D9-8E5C-56108B209B57.jpeg

Then went out to the coast - Long Beach and played in the sand. It was nice to drive by all the cars being tentative about going out on the sand.

A72268B1-ABA7-4E9D-9A4B-3D60A867D0C7.jpeg