wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
When the rain hit we took some easy trails over to Trail 26. The rain slowed then stopped but the trail turned into a creek. It was rocky and fun without much mud.

20220727_140217.jpg

20220727_154318.jpg

VideoCapture_20220728-082024.jpg
looks like trail 26
Sponsored

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I picked up new tires. Now waiting on the Apex Design valve stems, balancing beed bags, TPMS sensors, and bead lock bolts to arrive so I can install the new tires.

tempImagegvkRxG.jpg
tempImage3rio9K.jpg
I see you left the Coopers and went with Mickeys, what was your reason? Curious minds like to know.

Last edited:

AdamG

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLSportS
I took my aging, almost 13-year-old GSD to the veterinarian hospital this morning. Now we wait to learn if the tumour on her spleen is malignant or benign and if malignant if it has spread. If operable, she goes under for a splenectomy. She was happy to go for a J-E-E-P R-I-D-E.
My 10.5yr old lab mix goes under for the same thing tomorrow. Tumor is not bleeding and has not spread but is massive so getting it out NOW. Will keep your girl in our thoughts.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
God Speed to all the animals among our families!!!!
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. 1659032515761

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
I see you left the Coopers and went with Mickeys, what was your reason? Curious minds like to know.
When I priced out the Cooper STT PRO in 37 they were $630 a tire and they were telling me they were three months out to get them. I got the Mickey for $392 a tire. I just could not justify the extra $1190 to buy the Coopers again and did not want to wait for them to come in. Make no mistake, the Cooper STT PRO tires have served me well. I have approximately 49,000 miles on the current set and I could easily get another 10,000 miles out of them. I like taking them off at approximately 50,000 miles because I will still be able to sell them used for around $450. If the Coopers where say within $500 of Mickey tires (Mickey Thompson are made by Cooper Tire) I would still be running the Cooper STT PROs.

I also wanted to try a AT tire. I do a lot of traveling with the Jeep and I wanted to see AT tire provided any long term benefit. I already know that I am sacrificing off road capabilities because one of my long term friend has a set on his JLR and we have wheeled together. There are places that he had to winch that I drove through with little to no problems.

gandk

First Name
Greg and Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
campsite.bio
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon
I'm liking the blacked-out B and C pillars. :like:
Thanks, we saw it on this forum a couple years ago. My wife loved it so we got a vinyl wrap done by a sign company. They install full body advertising wraps and it was much cheaper than the stereo, rims, and tint shops. I would diy next time. Downside is it shows the trail pinstripes more than paint.

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

When I priced out the Cooper STT PRO in 37 they were $630 a tire and they were telling me they were three months out to get them. I got the Mickey for $392 a tire. I just could not justify the extra $1190 to buy the Coopers again and did not want to wait for them to come in. Make no mistake, the Cooper STT PRO tires have served me well. I have approximately 49,000 miles on the current set and I could easily get another 10,000 miles out of them. I like taking them off at approximately 50,000 miles because I will still be able to sell them used for around $450. If the Coopers where say within $500 of Mickey tires (Mickey Thompson are made by Cooper Tire) I would still be running the Cooper STT PROs.

I also wanted to try a AT tire. I do a lot of traveling with the Jeep and I wanted to see AT tire provided any long term benefit. I already know that I am sacrificing off road capabilities because one of my long term friend has a set on his JLR and we have wheeled together. There are places that he had to winch that I drove through with little to no problems.
I have been pleasantly surprised with the Baja Boss tires. I’ve run KO2 for three Jeeps (including the set I just swapped off), and I feel the last trail I ran was significantly easier/had more traction than when I ran it last, which was when the 33” KO2s were practically new.

The KO2s are significantly lighter but may be starting to show the age of their design, compared to the BB AT. You may be surprised that you won't lose much traction with the BB AT.

Last edited:

Sponsored

smokeythecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Sport 2-door, 2019 Mini Cooper S
I drove Scott Russel Road to Tecuyah Mountain today (Frazier Park, CA). I got intimidated by a really steep and winding section a 1/2 mile before the top, however. At least it seemed really steep and winding. I'm still a newbie and I was out alone. So, I hiked the last bit to get to the top where I did some ham radio activities.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
I have been pleasantly surprised with the Baja Boss tires. I’ve run KO2 for three Jeeps (including the set I just salesperson off), and I feel the last trail I ran was significantly easier/had more traction than when I ran it last, which was when the 33” KO2s were practically new.

The KO2s are significantly lighter but may be starting to show the age of their design, compared to the BB AT. You may be surprised that you won't lose much traction with the BB AT.

Well lets just say I have higher expectations of the Baja Boss AT then the Milestart Patagonia tires that I had.

Rangemaster

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Business Owner
I did nothing with the jeep today. Took the quad out for a 30 mile ride. This picture really tells you how hot and dry this area is.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. 7195602B-C393-446D-8D50-BF0C73BEED8B