First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
I tested the theory that my Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ P3 mud tires are totally worthless and horrible in ice and snow. The reviews had me worried. Maybe my standards are too low, and maybe I wasn't driving as fast as a Yooper or a Kanukistani, but whatever, they certainly seem capable for my purposes. I thought about using the winch a couple of times, but I never had to resort to that, and I did some idiotic things, like driving over a mound of snow a plow had piled up, and climbing a solid sheet of ice on a slope. The big mound of snow almost got me stuck, but as my dear old mother used to say, before she left this shitty world, "Almost only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades."

Kind of satisfying that I was just a leeeetle taller than these other guys, even if I did "settle" for 35s.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. 1642497230284

These tires left nice footprints.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. 1642497526477

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. 1642497589081

I also got some drone video going up a steep hill, with a solid sheet of ice at the top. The Jeep never missed a beat. I'm in the process of editing that together right now.
Sponsored

Jeepsmashin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
A month ago I made a appointment to have my mopar lift installed at a dealer an hour+ away from me, I get there yesterday 20 mins (8:10am) before my apt time and it took them an hour for me to talk to a service advisor and drop it off, I get back before they close and they tell me they can't break the bolts lose, that they are half way done and they need their master mechanic who's coming in tomorrow to do it.

So they send enterprise to pick me up and say that they'll knock off what I paid for the rental car off the price I'm paying for the install and they'll call me today to give me an update and it should be ready today.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

A month ago I made a appointment to have my mopar lift installed at a dealer an hour+ away from me, I get there yesterday 20 mins (8:10am) before my apt time and it took them an hour for me to talk to a service advisor and drop it off, I get back before they close and they tell me they can't break the bolts lose, that they are half way done and they need their master mechanic who's coming in tomorrow to do it.

So they send enterprise to pick me up and say that they'll knock off what I paid for the rental car off the price I'm paying for the install and they'll call me today to give me an update and it should be ready today.
i am impressed that they knocked the pricing for you. cant wait to see pictures!

Jeepsmashin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
i am impressed that they knocked the pricing for you. cant wait to see pictures!
They just called me and said that I don't have the basic mopar lift that I have the full extensive mopar lift kit thats a 10-12 hour job and says regular price is $2400 but he'll meet me half way and charge me $1200. Lol wtf from mopar it says 3-4 hours I believe. I told him give me the part # of the basic mopar lift kit, there's so such thing.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Jeepsmashin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Yea thats the one I have. I'm waiting for his call back
I do know my dealers Tech took 8 hrs to install mine. It's done correctly. I've known them since 2012.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Clubs

They just called me and said that I don't have the basic mopar lift that I have the full extensive mopar lift kit thats a 10-12 hour job and says regular price is $2400 but he'll meet me half way and charge me $1200. Lol wtf from mopar it says 3-4 hours I believe. I told him give me the part # of the basic mopar lift kit, there's so such thing.
LOL i can install the mopar lift in my driveway by my self in that time frame. Did my mom JKU lift completely alone in 6 hours including all the control arms and track bars. even got the alignment within spec according the the alignment shop LOL that sucks man. hopefully they get you done today!

UtahDirt

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punk'n Rubicon 4xe
Vehicle Showcase
Ha! Love the Mojito color , but when I started looking back in June used prices were stupid high, so I found a dealer who honored Costco pricing and ordered a Hydro Blue Rubicon. Look around you may find a dealer who will treat ya right.

now if Mojito comes back for 2023…and may have to make a change…
Bastards, went to dealer to sign the paperwork and this had just came in. Didn’t think it would Fit in my garage, salesperson said take it and try, it did and this is the best riding 4WD I have ever driven. Now I have to change forums…
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. 1642610170447

Sponsored

RudeJeepin

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Bastards, went to dealer to sign the paperwork and this had just came in. Didn’t think it would Fit in my garage, salesperson said take it and try, it did and this is the best riding 4WD I have ever driven. Now I have to change forums…
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. IMG_6325.MOV
You could go to the Barret Jackson Auction and pick up its big brother..
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. Resized_16423694430267596411773424855163_113761378052852

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Clubs

After waiting 2.5 days and the jeep dealership screwing around, I finally picked it up, so far it drives good but I'll give it a better inspection today

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. 20220119_171101

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. 20220119_171101
looks GOOOOOOD

MDG

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKUR
It has been an eventful week. Last weekend it snowed then rained creating a heavy wet mess. A friend of my neighbor was doing his driveway and was nice enough to do mine as well. I guess he felt sorry for me. Well, I ran into the house to grab my Jeep key so I could move it out of the way. All good so far.

Monday my wife does wash and to my joy I left my fob in my pocket! Well, put it on Rice and hope for the best! I guess they are sealed pretty well as it works just fine.

Then my wife finds her latest marketplace deal, a couch! On Tuesday we take her car to go look at it and end up buying it. BUT it won'f fit in her car. So give the lady a deposit. 2 hours round trip drive.

Wednesday we take the Jeep down to pick it up. Hour drive there no big deal. Go to put the couch in the Jeep knowing it was too long to close the back but thought the height would be fine. Turns out its rises in the middle and wouldn't go in as far as I expected. So cover it with plastic sheeting, tape that down. Then tie it down to the Jeep and secure the door. On the drive home it was like playing a video game avoiding any puddles or water running across the road, remember it snowed a few days ago and now a lot of that is melting.

So a few pictures of how the couch fit!

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. PXL_20220119_135920346
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. PXL_20220119_184550422
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. PXL_20220119_184630008
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. PXL_20220119_184645373
Sponsored