Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I feel it! TBH those liter bikes really have no place on our (Houston) streets, if you want to ride at full potential (they aren't comfortable and much more power than needed). They are really made for the track.

However, I love to see them. Lots of people can't handle the power but a lot of people can. I ride with quite a few people who have liter bikes and are skilled and safe on them. It's just not as fun to ride them because it's dangerous to "open them up" in our city (lots of bad drivers).

The liter bikes are perfect for drag racing strips and for the track (where there are long straights), but they even have their limits in the tight turns (lots of riders fly by me in the straights but in the curves they park it and get in my way lol).

I love my Ninja 400...still! It's a 2018 and I bought it new...I've put 13k miles on it and still smitten. It's a perfect bike for the track...so light and flickable. I'm able to get great speed in the corners but I'm slower in the straights. My instructor is encouraging me to go faster in the straights, but I don't care about them...I'm there for the turns lol. I do want to get faster coming out of the turns though (I'm featured in the first 6 min. of the video, but keep watching bc the Harley rider that comes after me is the bomb lol).

I'd like to convert my 400 into a track bike (suspension, rear sets, sprockets, etc.) and I have plans to buy the 2021 Ducati Super Sport 950s this December when I finish paying my Jeep off. I've already test ridden it and I love it. It's just so freakin hot...like...it burns LOL!

Your son and daughter-in-law will love the smaller CC bike for sure. Kawasaki is such a wonderful brand...easy and affordable bike to work on (I do all of my maintenance, just recently changed the plugs).

I was extremely happy about how well the Jeep pulled that trailer and my fuel economy; extremely pleased. Thanks for asking!

We always say it is more fun riding a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow.
Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
So true.

Earlier this year, my Ring doorbell camera filmed the UPS driver dropping a pair of new Michelin motorcycle tires on my porch, and using them as an expedient hoop into which he then dropped two small boxes that were also delivered that day.

Nothing was damaged, thankfully. Had that occurred, I'd have used the footage to have a field day with their Claims Dept. It's only a matter of time before that's necessary, IMO, based on the lowered hiring standards for FedEx drivers that I've observed...

Sponsored

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
Got my new JLUR392 Homelink set up in one try!! Next will be mods!!

James202198

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU Willys
Occupation
F&I Manager at Jeep Dealership
Vehicle Showcase
This is from a few weeks ago but a friend of mine made a cool little edit of us wheeling at Bantam TrailFest!

Attachments

Sponsored

geem03

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Occupation
RN/ Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
Well, the legend is true ✔

When we were young 👪, our parents and grand parents would tell the story of the beast that would take the bad 👎kids away and always warned us to NEVER, EVER play in the forest 🌲🌲🌲 for HE 🙊 would steal us and we would never be seen again!!!

His legend stood among the big ones like the Lock Ness Monster and Sasquatch!

Of course as we grew up, we believed less and less in HIM!..... as did I.... until today when I saw him as I was driving home from work!

I was even lucky enough to snap a picture 📸 of him!

It chills me to the bones just thinking about HIM and how close I came to death!

If you have a weak stomach and scare easily, I suggest you stop ✋ reading here as the picture that follows may haunt you forever..... ⚠YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!⚠

20211025_170259.jpg

Jesus_fan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
Clubs

Went with my boys (sons) and the boyz (friends) and their boys (sons... well mostly and one daughter) on an adventure looking for a well know plane wreck in the mountains. Didn't find it, but did find some good laughs, bumps, and scrapes.

(Two of our rigs still have temp plates and one had classic car plates with enough rust to to fill a bucket)
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. Jeep Train
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. Jeep Train2

RustBucket.jpg

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Nothing special. My 1941 Threedom Key Lock Caps finally showed up after 11 days in mail. My doors are off and put away so will put them on later date.

20211026_163621.jpg
Sponsored