David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB, 2019 Cherokee, 2015 GrCherokee, 2006 TJ
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
The instructor should have taught that electrical stuff runs on magic smoke. You want to keep the smoke in. When you let the smoke out, that's when you have a problem.

Which reminds me of another story. The first time I installed a new breaker in my panel, I installed it incorrectly, and accidentally wired my shop for 220 instead of 110. I wondered why the ballasts on my shop lights were smoking and humming. I got out my meter to investigate, and the last thing I saw before the meter exploded was the number 220 on the display.

Oops. :blush:
Pro tip;
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. IMG_2330.JPG

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Picked up the Turtleback trailer in AZ with the wife today. Camping out here. Getting right to it. Simple things…

Fuck yea, that is living. Isn't it a great feeling when it all comes together?

AdamG

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLSportS
Not in the Jeep, but tried to do Schnebly Hill Rd from 17 to Sedona in a Tahoe. Was going great until we met the grader about halfway to the lookout, and went from going 25mph to 6mph. At the lookout, people in an SXS told us the place they rented it from told them to turn around and not go all the way to Sedona, since it gets harder and more narrow. So we did the same. Disappointed cuz it killed about 2hrs+, and the view wasn’t much different than the drive into Sedona…
Is the road highly variable?

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Went for some wings. The soft-top roof quality was horrific on this Bronco. The rear windows were bad too. Owner said this his 3rd roof from Ford. Also had had steering rack replaced and waiting on new front shocks as his are leaking fluid around shaft after one weekend at RCORP.

Sounds like a ford

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
My son just got rid of his 2019 ZX10. That bike was a blast to ride. Just think, most people will never ride a liter bike and understand how brutal or tame they can be. Even mot people that ride motorcycles, will never understand cruising at 75 mph in 6th gear and then drop it all the way down to 1st gear...... or throttle wheelies at 140.

He sold it because he was just getting to the point where he thought that it was just going to lead to trouble. He has ordered the Kawasaki 450 dirt bike and is going to buy his wife a smaller dirt bike so they can ride trails in North Carolina.

How was your track day?
I feel it! TBH those liter bikes really have no place on our (Houston) streets, if you want to ride at full potential (they aren't comfortable and much more power than needed). They are really made for the track.

However, I love to see them. Lots of people can't handle the power but a lot of people can. I ride with quite a few people who have liter bikes and are skilled and safe on them. It's just not as fun to ride them because it's dangerous to "open them up" in our city (lots of bad drivers).

The liter bikes are perfect for drag racing strips and for the track (where there are long straights), but they even have their limits in the tight turns (lots of riders fly by me in the straights but in the curves they park it and get in my way lol).

I love my Ninja 400...still! It's a 2018 and I bought it new...I've put 13k miles on it and still smitten. It's a perfect bike for the track...so light and flickable. I'm able to get great speed in the corners but I'm slower in the straights. My instructor is encouraging me to go faster in the straights, but I don't care about them...I'm there for the turns lol. I do want to get faster coming out of the turns though (I'm featured in the first 6 min. of the video, but keep watching bc the Harley rider that comes after me is the bomb lol).

I'd like to convert my 400 into a track bike (suspension, rear sets, sprockets, etc.) and I have plans to buy the 2021 Ducati Super Sport 950s this December when I finish paying my Jeep off. I've already test ridden it and I love it. It's just so freakin hot...like...it burns LOL!

Your son and daughter-in-law will love the smaller CC bike for sure. Kawasaki is such a wonderful brand...easy and affordable bike to work on (I do all of my maintenance, just recently changed the plugs).

I was extremely happy about how well the Jeep pulled that trailer and my fuel economy; extremely pleased. Thanks for asking!

Sponsored

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
Fuck yea, that is living. Isn't it a great feeling when it all comes together?
Amen my brother. Blessed beyond words. It’s one hell of a trailer. The wife and I are loving every aspect of it. We cannot wait. Already planning where we’re going next!

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 JK Willys, 1999 TJ Sport, 1966 CJ5-A

We tested out the new Deadman V2 Kit. Pretty cool recovery gear.
Sponsored