Occupation
CPA
Thanks! This is a 12 foot boat. My setup is:

Thule DockGlide Kayak Carrier
Thule 60" SquareBars
Thule Rapid Gutter Feet
And locks for the feet

Good luck with your boat shopping
Very nice, thank you. I’ve been finding that roof rack shopping is more difficult than kayak shopping haha. I’ll look into that set up. Enjoy!
Sponsored

PA-Punkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR, 2012 BMW 328 Wagon, 2002 BMW 330 Cabrio
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
REI has everything available right now except the feet...so if you can find them somewhere else you're golden ;)

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara (Granite)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
IS that a soft top pulling a uhaul trailer? WHAT?!?! Lol, did you use a hard top jeep to rent it and then towed it with the JL?
I know a bunch of red flags lol but we had to get the JK home. We pretty much said we were towing with a pick up.

Sponsored

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
I know a bunch of red flags lol but we had to get the JK home. We pretty much said we were towing with a pick up.
Haha, your good. I’m only butt hurt cause those bastards wouldn’t rent me a trailer. I’m just a little jelly is all. 😜

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
Went to one of my favorite stores and brought home a new toy
Ooookkkkay. You have probably driven the last nail in the coffin of the idea that I need to keep a truck. I've never been kayaking, but it calls to me. Answering the call of the Jeep sure worked out, and I should probably answer that call too.

PA-Punkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Ooookkkkay. You have probably driven the last nail in the coffin of the idea that I need to keep a truck. I've never been kayaking, but it calls to me. Answering the call of the Jeep sure worked out, and I should probably answer that call too.
Haha do it! And you might want to consider taking an LL Bean or REI paddling course (or similar). My first boat is a 10.5 footer which was a bit too short for me and hard to track straight. Had I taken a class, I could have tested different models and not have made that mistake before buying.

I'm sure you'll love that feeling of being out on the water exploring streams or rivers or lakes, it's such a cool experience :)

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
truck driver
Haha do it! And you might want to consider taking an LL Bean or REI paddling course
I took a paddling course back about 1982. :)

One of the great disappointments of being a parent was that summer adventure camps were a lot more lame for my kids' generation. No canoes, no kayaks, no zip lines, no spelunking, no rappelling, no rock climbing. Instead, I think they all sat around camp molding participation trophies out of zero carbon synthetic clay substitutes.

I almost drowned at summer camp, because I didn't know how to swim yet. I bobbed, and saved my own life. We climbed a rock one time, and right as I got to the top, one of the camp guys was like, "Just give the copperhead a wide berth and you'll be fine."

I'm too old and fat to climb rocks, but I bet paddling a kayak hasn't changed since I was a kid.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I chauffeured the Missus to the local Kamp Kovid, for her first of the two-injection regimen.

Occupying a now-closed K-Mart, the operation was admittedly well-organized. The staff are pleasant, and the 30-day follow-up appt. is scheduled during the check-in process.

(Please excuse the recurring use of hyphens in a single sentence. 🤪)

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. 20210429_092225

Sponsored

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara (Granite)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
Why towing Jeep ?
Guy in the JK blew out his gears. Guess he got a little carried away driving on the beach

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
truck driver
Other than boats and gear being lighter and better designed you're right!
Yeah, you got that right. I've been eyeballing them. Camping gear has come light years too. I have a Big Agnes tent that weighs next to nothing and goes up in minutes. Big improvement over the complicated canvas nonsense we had when I was growing up.

PA-Punkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, you got that right. I've been eyeballing them. Camping gear has come light years too. I have a Big Agnes tent that weighs next to nothing and goes up in minutes. Big improvement over the complicated canvas nonsense we had when I was growing up.
Indeed. I cycled often when young but stopped mid way through college, last bike in that period was from 1988. I got back into cycling in 2014...what a different world! I knew about carbon frames but Hydraulic disc brakes and electronic shifting? What kind of insane sorcery was this? :surprised:
Sponsored