First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
I rode out to this huge mud hole where I scared myself with my F150, and I also scared myself with my Jeep. It looks like a safe place to pull over to let someone pass on a one lane road, but it's deep. I chickened out, and decided to save traversing that particular mud hole until after I have the winch installed.

Then I went up a mountain road behind a Ford Transit van who kept stopping abruptly. As annoying as it was to get stuck behind that guy, I do sympathize. Once he FINALLY did the polite thing and allowed me to pass, I ripped farther up that road than I had ever been before.

I discovered a place with rocks in the road to prevent anything bigger than a lawn mower from traversing them. From there up, it's apparently old logging roads or something. No motorized vehicles, no bicycles, and no hang gliders, according to the sign. No hang gliders?!

I stopped there with my 27 year old son and my beloved dog, both of whom were having a rip roaring good time, and we went exploring. I saw dutchmans' breeches for the first time in my life. There were duchmans' breeches everywhere for literally a quarter mile. We found yellow violets, about a dozen miscellaneous spring ephemerals neither one of us could identify, and a mysterious plant I speculatively identified as blue cohosh. I was right, it turned out!

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. 1619410107864

We went over the mountain, to the valley before the next mountain, and I figured out how to work my way back to a road that would lead to civilization. I jammed on the brakes and ducked into a little pull-off for some reason I have completely forgotten, and we discovered a little trail leading down to a big creek.

I'm just beginning the adventure this Jeep is going to make accessible to me. I love this thing! My truck could traverse the same roads easily enough, but the Jeep was made to eat this shit up. It's just so much more nimble, and it rides so much better over washboards and gulleys.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. 1619410416234

Sponsored

LittleDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara JLU
First windshield-down day this year.

No photos, as I was too busy laughing at my buddy in the back, freezing his butt off even though it was a balmy 59°F. Dog in the front gave me some dirty looks too.

It was "payment" for helping me install a MORryde jerry can mount.

LittleDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara JLU
Drove on the beach for the first time, that was a lot of fun! Anyone else have a pass for island beach state park in NJ?
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. 109AA704-B522-472C-962D-8B925DDE1B2B
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. 109AA704-B522-472C-962D-8B925DDE1B2B

Was going to head there yesterday to pick up a license, but found out that they don't do it in-person now, due to the pandemic.

Catch anything? I hear there's striped bass out there.

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara (Granite)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
Our buddy pulled a JK from Florida all the way to Chicago. The JL is a monster

BAE8E571-BB8D-4123-9361-6D1D18F0117A.jpeg

Sponsored

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
Our buddy pulled a JK from Florida all the way to Chicago. The JL is a monster

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. BAE8E571-BB8D-4123-9361-6D1D18F0117A
IS that a soft top pulling a uhaul trailer? WHAT?!?! Lol, did you use a hard top jeep to rent it and then towed it with the JL?

AMKRubicon610

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLUR 6 SPD
Occupation
CPA
Was going to head there yesterday to pick up a license, but found out that they don't do it in-person now, due to the pandemic.

Catch anything? I hear there's striped bass out there.
Didn’t catch anything, we of course had our poles to “fish” but were really just there to relax hahah looking forward to fishing there for real tho. It’s a great spot!

PA-Punkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR, 2012 BMW 328 Wagon, 2002 BMW 330 Cabrio
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome! I gotta upgrade my kayak and get a nicer one. Congrats. What’s your roof rack set up?
Thanks! This is a 12 foot boat. My setup is:

Thule DockGlide Kayak Carrier
Thule 60" SquareBars
Thule Rapid Gutter Feet
And locks for the feet

Good luck with your boat shopping
Sponsored