Sponsored

What did you do WITH your Jeep today.

df007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara 2.0
I camped with a bunch of friends over the weekend.

Four JLURs and an Oscar Mike JK.

1618223248384.png

1618223341053.png

1618223481515.png

1618223296577.png

1618223520948.png

1618223572471.png

1618223626915.png

1618223734914.png

A. quick time lapse video from our morning.

Really nice!

Got any solid recommendations on a good value "teardrop" / lightweight camper trailer like your group had there?
Sponsored

geem03

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Occupation
RN/ Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
Soft top on....
20210412_101036.jpg

After I got going, the whistling and wind noise...lol... was unbearable!!!! ...then I noticed I could see daylight behind the driver side latch... it wasn't sealing or seating right. Adjusted the latch back a little and moved the anchor point up a little and it fixed the problem.... it just needed to be adjusted...

Last edited:

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Really nice!

Got any solid recommendations on a good value "teardrop" / lightweight camper trailer like your group had there?
Really nice!

So here are links to each trailer. Then I will give you my opinion for what its worth.

My Camper... E-PRO12rk. hooked to the White JLUR

I paid $9,900 out the door.

The InteckRV hooked to the Punk'N JLUR. He paid $11900+tax

The Tag hooked to the Ocean Blue JLUR He paid just about $25,000

This is the nicest one, but it it was $10,000 more than the 2nd most expensive one and $15,000 more than what I paid for mine.

The Jayco Hummingbird hooked to the Teal JLUR. He paid about $15000 for it used. Not sure on the new price.

So my run down on them in my own personal opinion.

The Tag is the nicest of all of them, but does not have the ground clearance that I wanted and I just do not see the value of an additional $15,000 over the cost of the E-PRo. Sure it has some cool features, like a King sized bed, and a window that curves up on the roof. Just don't see the added value.

The Intech RV Flyer. I think is to expensive for what it is. It does not have an inverter, TV, or water onboard. The bed is just two pads on the floor. It sits low to the ground, and the one you see in the picture has a lift kit on it to get it a little more off the ground. It also has the least amount of head room. I can not stand up straight while on my knees inside of the Intech. This is my least liked one of the four. Almost no storage,

The Hummingbird. has good clearance, but it is the underside looked vulnerable to me. It does have some nice storage. There is no heat in the camper though.

The E-PRO has a lot of options the others do not have. It has a digital TV antenna, a TV with a DVD player, WiFi booster, the biggest on board water storage of the campers, a heated mattress, the most ground clearance, the most headroom inside, the most USB and 12 outlets, and the most normal 110 outlets. The only one with an outside shelf.

The E-Pro is thousands less than the 2nd lowest cost camper and $15,000 less than the Tag.

They all tow well and we have all traveled all over the US pulling these campers. The Intech has the lowest profile so it has the least impact on fuel economy. He gets about 1 mpg more on average than the rest of us while towing.

df007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara 2.0
So here are links to each trailer. Then I will give you my opinion for what its worth.

My Camper... E-PRO12rk. hooked to the White JLUR

I paid $9,900 out the door.

The InteckRV hooked to the Punk'N JLUR. He paid $11900+tax

The Tag hooked to the Ocean Blue JLUR He paid just about $25,000

This is the nicest one, but it it was $10,000 more than the 2nd most expensive one and $15,000 more than what I paid for mine.

The Jayco Hummingbird hooked to the Teal JLUR. He paid about $15000 for it used. Not sure on the new price.

So my run down on them in my own personal opinion.

The Tag is the nicest of all of them, but does not have the ground clearance that I wanted and I just do not see the value of an additional $15,000 over the cost of the E-PRo. Sure it has some cool features, like a King sized bed, and a window that curves up on the roof. Just don't see the added value.

The Intech RV Flyer. I think is to expensive for what it is. It does not have an inverter, TV, or water onboard. The bed is just two pads on the floor. It sits low to the ground, and the one you see in the picture has a lift kit on it to get it a little more off the ground. It also has the least amount of head room. I can not stand up straight while on my knees inside of the Intech. This is my least liked one of the four. Almost no storage,

The Hummingbird. has good clearance, but it is the underside looked vulnerable to me. It does have some nice storage. There is no heat in the camper though.

The E-PRO has a lot of options the others do not have. It has a digital TV antenna, a TV with a DVD player, WiFi booster, the biggest on board water storage of the campers, a heated mattress, the most ground clearance, the most headroom inside, the most USB and 12 outlets, and the most normal 110 outlets. The only one with an outside shelf.

The E-Pro is thousands less than the 2nd lowest cost camper and $15,000 less than the Tag.

They all tow well and we have all traveled all over the US pulling these campers. The Intech has the lowest profile so it has the least impact on fuel economy. He gets about 1 mpg more on average than the rest of us while towing.
Thanks a ton for the detailed response there and the comments; that helps narrow things down quite a lot! Going to do a bit more research, as I had not looked at a few of these. Thanks so much.

@wibornz do you think the roof structure is good enough on yours to put a roof-top tent on it? I'm thinking adults inside, kids outside!

Last edited:

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Snazzberry
Occupation
Information Technology
Vehicle Showcase
We had an Intech Pursue, it is nice but does have some drawbacks and is missing a lot of features that others have. Another small Teardrop option is the IntechRV Luna, video link below. Taxa has a couple habitats, the Tiger Moth and Cricket although they are not inexpensive.

Intech RV Luna Rover, for 2021 they have an option with a cassette toilet.:

Taxa Habitats:

Cricket:

Tiger Moth:

Last edited:

Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I got this 1:25 TJ while the Missus roamed the aisles at Hobby Lobby.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. Model TJ a

Sponsored

geem03

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Occupation
RN/ Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
What in thee hell are those? Golf carts??
I think they're toys.... too small to be golf carts.... they would be the same scale as mini bikes, I would say....

bgrex

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara Altitude - Sting Gray
Had a misty drive to work, rain forecasted today. Time to see how the new trail cover performs.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. 20210415_081639

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. 20210415_081639
Love my Rain Gear half cover. I run a soft top in the summer - windows and doors off but I put the top up at night or during rain so the rain cover has more structure on the roof to let the water roll off. If you got rain today, did your trail cover have any sag with water pooling up on top?
Sponsored