What did you do WITH your Jeep today.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I drove to Advance Auto to purchase a new oil drain pan. After almost 20 years of faithful DIY service, I drove over the old one after forgetting to move it out of the way when backing the Jeep out of the garage after its inaugural oil change. 😑

At least I had a $5 Speed Perk coupon on hand for the new one. 🙃

Al G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLU
I drove to Advance Auto to purchase a new oil drain pan. After almost 20 years of faithful DIY service, I drove over the old one after forgetting to move it out of the way when backing the Jeep out of the garage after its inaugural oil change. 😑

At least I had a $5 Speed Perk coupon on hand for the new one. 🙃
Was it full of oil?

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Was it full of oil?
'Twas holding ~5 quarts of freshly drained oil. I drove over the corner. A bit was forced out from the surface drain holes, enough to give me a bit of a clean up job on the tire and fenderwell. The pan remained otherwise intact, if deformed beyond further economical use.

Thankfully, no Superfund cleanup on the garage floor. :)

Sponsored

Jitzy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
Occupation
Retired Police, Now Certified Custom Club Fitter
Can you elaborate? I always thought the lines and latch of those looked the best
first they took about 4 1/2 months to get so I was already kinda turned off but my biggest issue was I had to take to of them apart cause the latch mechanisms were broke. It was like the bolts just weren’t tightened in them.

AlamedaJeep

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Made my first trip to Hollister Hills State Vehicular Recreation Area (Northern California).

I was perfectly fine with the Green and Blue trails, but couldn’t resist posing my Jeep for this picture on the McCrayZ trail. Hard to believe people make it over this, but apparently they do.

2C0322D8-1918-4962-9DFB-D1F3F4CA7D31.jpeg

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Gave it its first bath since last October, and a good coat of Mothers CMX.

Lgharr

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLU Sahara, 2013 Ninja 650r
Played "Find the Rattle" after doing a suspension swap. I won, but it took a good hour of driving and checking to figure out what it was.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Played "Find the Rattle" after doing a suspension swap. I won, but it took a good hour of driving and checking to figure out what it was.
What did it end up being? Funny noises are my favorite.

Sponsored

Flamingsword

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler sport
Finally had to use 4wd today. Went to a buddy’s range and someone shot down the 200 yard target. I didn’t feel like walking out there so I drove the jeep. All the rain we have had the lane was very soft ground. My buddy told me if I get stuck he will use his hummer to pull me out. I laughed and told him if I get stuck he has no chance. Needless to say there were no issues.

Lgharr

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLU Sahara, 2013 Ninja 650r
What did it end up being? Funny noises are my favorite.
Upper control arm bolt. When I did the suspension swap I remember trying to get them to loosen up, but I didn't remember if I had gotten them or not, and by the time I was butting it up it was day two of a 2 hour job and I was tired and hungry and angry with myself, so I didn't check my work completely.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Upper control arm bolt. When I did the suspension swap I remember trying to get them to loosen up, but I didn't remember if I had gotten them or not, and by the time I was butting it up it was day two of a 2 hour job and I was tired and hungry and angry with myself, so I didn't check my work completely.
Ah, at least it was nothing major.