Vehicle Showcase

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
This last weekend went out with 30 Jeeps from the Tucson Jeeps off-road group (2000+ members) and explored Sonoita AZ. Nothing too challenging, but had a great time none the less. Climbed a couple steep embankments (wouldn't call them hills). Hit 25˚ on the climb and the Jeep acted like it was no big deal. I don't even think I had wheel slip. Damn thing makes me smile every weekend we are out in nature (it's natural environment) and exploring throughout Arizona.

Attachments

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

Hauled home my new Pitboss 850 Pro series to upgrade from an older Traeger (which will make it down to my US home when the borders open again). Ribs this weekend!

JL MADDOG

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2.0L Turbo
Occupation
Jeepin'
I drove to the Jeep dealer and talked with the Service department about my failed fob.

Apparently they felt it had gone for a swim and would not be covering a replacement. Since I never took it swimming I'm wondering what jackass thought it was a donut and dunked it. 🤬

I'm gonna have a chat with the business manager about it.

Sponsored

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

I drove to the Jeep dealer and talked with the Service department about my failed fob.

Apparently they felt it had gone for a swim and would not be covering a replacement. Since I never took it swimming I'm wondering what jackass thought it was a donut and dunked it. 🤬

Interesting, I wonder how they determined that? I've opened one of mine and the fob doesn't have any water intrusion sensors/stickers. Unless there is obvious corrosion and mud (or coffee) plastered all over the inside, I'd call BS on them.

JL MADDOG

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2.0L Turbo
Occupation
Jeepin'
Interesting, I wonder how they determined that? I've opened one of mine and the fob doesn't have any water intrusion sensors/stickers. Unless there is obvious corrosion and mud (or coffee) plastered all over the inside, I'd call BS on them.
The service advisor opened it up and there was obvious evidence that it had been in some liquid of some sort. Some small drips even hit the service bay floor when he popped the cover.

I'm not sayin' it didn't fail due to water intrusion, I just wanna know how the f**k I got a fob with that damage on a new vehicle purchase. Ya know...the water was sorta brown.

In any event I'll get to the bottom of it, even if I have to invoke my bumper to bumper, top to bottom, everything is covered regardless of cause warranty.

geem03

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Occupation
RN/ Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase

The other day, I went outside, started my Jeep to warm it up (cause it was friggin cold) left the fob inside the jeep and left it running for about 7 or 8 minutes. Came out to move the jeep and noticed that I had a message stating the key fob had left the vehicle. It was right there between the cup holders... it wouldn't recognize the fob at all. I would open the doors and re-enter the vehicle and it still wouldn't recognize it....I didn't dare shut off the jeep in fear that I would not be able to start it again..... but I did notice that the fob was cold so I put it on the heater for a minute, open the door and excited the jeep with the fob and re-entered it, and low and behold.... it recognized it again..... I guess it's sensitive to cold also and not just moisture!😳

Sponsored

Mud Wasp

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hella Yella 2019 JLU, Copperhead Pearl 2014 JK
Occupation
Transportation
Vehicle Showcase
Harquahala Mountain Summit Road OHV Trail

Packed up and headed out for another wonderful day of trail riding. Fueled up in Buckeye at 3$ a gallon headed west to Salome road exit continued northwest to Eagle eye road north to the trailhead. Aired down and disconnected the sway bar links and headed out. There is a single outhouse at the trail head along with plaques explaining Harquahala Mountain. The First part is mostly graded gravel road until we started the ascend the many switchbacks lots of loose rocks that it slow try to not spin your tires and you shouldn't have any problems in a stock Jeep of any model. I will say that we completed the complete trail in 2 wheel drive with that said I have 2 plus inches of lift and 35 inch tires. At the top we sat at one of the picnic tables and had lunch there is no shade so be prepared for plenty of sun or wind as there is nothing blocking the wind.

https://www.alltrails.com/explore/recording/harquahala-mountain-summit-road-ohv-trail-8a1276c?u=i

geem03

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Occupation
RN/ Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
Took it to the blue big box store to buy some paint.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. 303CF0DA-A34A-404B-9D12-1E9CC40E7384

Then took the long way home...:rock:

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. 303CF0DA-A34A-404B-9D12-1E9CC40E7384

Then camouflaged my ramp...... can you see it ?.....😁

What ramp??? What am I looking for???🤨

😁😁😁😁
Sponsored