First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport JL
Occupation
Retired
I dropped my jeep off to have the rks 2-1/2” lift installed!
Sponsored

29_Palms

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Went to Big Bear on Saturday 1/23 with my girlfriend. First time in the snow with this Jeep, and it was coming down the whole day. Going up the front side was bad, coming down was worse - 3.5 hours. A sea of cars putting on and taking off chains at every opportunity, even in the lane. Boppin' around was pure joy though.

Had a little action... Being solo I told myself I would not be going down any steep inclines, as I may not get back up it on the way out, and with that in mind I confidently went up a slight climb going into Holcomb Valley. I was in 4-low, slow, good traction and then my transfer case popped out of 4-low just as I reached the top. I stepped on the brake, put it in neutral so i could slap it back in and we started to slide back down. It was a slow slide for about 100 feet but there was a gulley on one side and we were crabbing. No control, a little pucker though. We stopped on a big rock at the edge and pulled out. Was just putting around, not aired down. Makes you think.

CLICK LINK BELOW...

VIDEO CLIP - Backwards Slide

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. IMG_4529

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. IMG_4533

Last edited:

geem03

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Occupation
RN/ Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
Went to Big Bear on Saturday 1/23 with my girlfriend. First time in the snow with this Jeep, and it was coming down the whole day. Going up the front side was bad, coming down was worse - 3.5 hours. A sea of cars putting on and taking off chains at every opportunity, even in the lane. Boppin' around was pure joy though.

Had a little action... Being solo I told myself I would not be going down any steep inclines, as I may not get back up it on the way out, and with that in mind I confidently went up a slight climb going into Holcomb Valley. I was in 4-low, slow, good traction and then my transfer case popped out of 4-low just as I reached the top. I stepped on the brake, put it in neutral so i could slap it back in and we started to slide back down. It was a slow slide for about 100 feet but there was a gulley on one side and we were crabbing. No control, a little pucker though. We stopped on a big rock at the edge and pulled out. Was just putting around, not aired down. Makes you think.

CLICK LINK BELOW...

VIDEO CLIP - Backwards Slide

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. IMG_4528.MOV

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. IMG_4528.MOV

Wow!!! You guys have more snow than we do here in Eastern Canada!!

Jeeporama

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (JLU), 2005 Jeep Liberty
Vehicle Showcase
Well we got a decent amount of snow today, I shoveled a bit and just drove around a bit in my Jeep. Nothing crazy, but no matter how many times I've dealt with snow, I can't help but think.....what an awesome vehicle and it just makes me feel good :jk: :like:

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
There are 18 of us heading north this weekend. Can't wait, it is a long five days between snow wheeling.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
At the dealer again...
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. 16117480861775669040975303828190
Just got the radio replace on the 14th of January and it's gone blank again! This has to get figured out...
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. 16117480861775669040975303828190
I'm very sorry to hear this. Have you had a case open for this concern? If not, I would be happy to help! Please send us a private message.

Alison
Jeep Cares

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I drove to Ace Hardware to purchase several cans of Flex Seal that were on sale (and I had a $5 coupon that was due to expire soon). I was prepared to purchase black, which is all I've seen in stock elsewhere. I was pleased to discover that Ace stocks a variety of colors. I purchased Almond, which will provide a decent match.

Hopefully, and in conjunction with some planned repairs in the Spring, the sealant will prevent some mild rain leaks at the fascia on the gable end of my shed from spreading further onto the roof plywood.

I insisted on buying my shed from an Amish craftsman who's woodwork I admired. At the time, he didn't offer vinyl siding for his sheds, just T-111 sheathing. My purchase decision is now coming due, so to speak.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. FS

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Made some fresh donuts...

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. E9B03DF8-3F19-4064-B11F-962D644345BE
Thats what I'm talking about. So action shots. Thank you. Blue sky, dirt flying and a Jeep with the top off, Just what I needed to see this morning as I contemplate buying a battery this morning for the tractor so I can plow the snow off my driveway and a couple of my neighbors driveway.