Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
And behold: on Day 3, verily did I Jeepeth to the food mart, for the Crown demandeth comestibles apace; and most fleetingly did I stock my cart with sundries and miscellany, and I went forth triumphant and that I might later sup most agreeably.

1st grocery A.jpg

1st grocery B.jpg
Well spoketh my good man. A prose most agreeable.
Sponsored

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
@Mx5red thanks for the pic of your fog lights. i see how well it does in the fog. i have the supernova v4 led bulbs for the headlights and fog likes. they are great in lighting up the road at night. so i was looking into a amber fog light to run in foggy or snowy weather on the street. so i figured where the sae one will be good. are you running the pros on the street where it not street legal.

Mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
@Mx5red thanks for the pic of your fog lights. i see how well it does in the fog. i have the supernova v4 led bulbs for the headlights and fog likes. they are great in lighting up the road at night. so i was looking into a amber fog light to run in foggy or snowy weather on the street. so i figured where the sae one will be good. are you running the pros on the street where it not street legal.
I thought about getting the SAE or Sport just to not be so glaring, but for my purposes the Pros made the most sense and really glad I didn’t get dimmer ones.
I don’t plan on using them on the street very often, unless it’s really foggy/snowy. Plus, Ambers don’t glare nearly as much as white light.
So I thought it made most sense to get the brightest ambers I could, I just don’t usually run them.
I see other people driving around with their amber squadrons on all the time, and they are bright but not blinding.

I definitely would not run the white Pros on the street, they were brighter than high beams!
If you planned on using white fogs all the time I would order the SAE haha.
To me it doesn’t make sense to use anything brighter in white unless it’s off-road only or wired up to your high beams so they turn off..

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
I thought about getting the SAE or Sport just to not be so glaring, but for my purposes the Pros made the most sense and really glad I didn’t get dimmer ones.
I don’t plan on using them on the street very often, unless it’s really foggy/snowy. Plus, Ambers don’t glare nearly as much as white light.
So I thought it made most sense to get the brightest ambers I could, I just don’t usually run them.
I see other people driving around with their amber squadrons on all the time, and they are bright but not blinding.

I definitely would not run the white Pros on the street, they were brighter than high beams!
If you planned on using white fogs all the time I would order the SAE haha.
To me it doesn’t make sense to use anything brighter in white unless it’s off-road only or wired up to your high beams so they turn off..

yeah, my purpose would to run the amber fogs for the weather related driving. so i can see getting the pros. one question, which would be better to get the flood or spot. i would be running them on the street with the idea mounting them below the headlight line and on top of the bumper. i can adjust them down if necessary. i can see that it wouldnt be an issue since you mentioned that the amber doesnt throw much glare to the on coming traffic. tho, i wouldnt be running them as much if theres heavy traffic. lately folks around here run the led light bars on as their main source for lighting.

Mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
yeah, my purpose would to run the amber fogs for the weather related driving. so i can see getting the pros. one question, which would be better to get the flood or spot. i would be running them on the street with the idea mounting them below the headlight line and on top of the bumper. i can adjust them down if necessary. i can see that it wouldnt be an issue since you mentioned that the amber doesnt throw much glare to the on coming traffic. tho, i wouldnt be running them as much if theres heavy traffic. lately folks around here run the led light bars on as their main source for lighting.
I don’t have the spots but I’ve spent hours looking up these different baja designs lights:rock:
I think the spots are very concentrated, like shooting straight down a two lane highway for half a mile. I don’t need that where I live, and I think you’d need more wide “fill” light on top of that, like a spot plus other wider light.. which is what their driving combo lens is. It’s just wide cornering and spot together.

when I lived in Michigan that would be perfect for lighting up sides of road, and far down the road to look for deer as you go 60mph. Not useful where I live now.

If your purpose is bad weather driving, I don’t know how well the spot lights would work.. you probably wouldn’t be driving as fast so a wider/shorter lens might be better, but I’ve never tried them, maybe they could help as well.
The good thing about Baja designs is you can switch lenses with a few screws, so I’d buy some and try them!

Sponsored

McGilli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Unlimited Altitude
Every Saturday and Sunday, up at 5am and out the door for some peace and quiet... Another successful weekend!

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. IMG_9032

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. IMG_9051

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. IMG_9055

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. IMG_9064

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. IMG_9131

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. IMG_9140

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara (Granite)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome! I was just there last week. Do you mind sharing how you have your gas canisters mounted behind the tire?
Camped at Cleopatra's Chair in Canyonlands--the most incredible place I have ever camped!

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. vand%20-%202

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
My buddies and I went on a road trip to Moab. We had to stay in Colorado the first night due to the snow storm last week. Once we made it to Utah, we camped inside this canyon about 5-10 min before Arches National Park. We had to drive up the canyon to reach the extremely remote camping site. First couple of nights we camped out in single digit weather. Never thought I would be able to do that outside lol! Throughout the week we hiked the devils garden in Arches and we did another hike in Canyonlands. We attempted to do the Shafer Trail but the sun was coming down fast and we decided to make a U-turn. Utah is full with many amazing things. Seeing all the badass rigs in Moab made me feel so welcomed. One of the most amazing trips I’ve ever had. Oh we traveled from Chicago btw.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. C4849890-AD2A-4820-B522-396A92A99A98

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. AEBCEA60-0292-4A7A-AFC4-1A553C228E60

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. 993A2990-F6E9-4B97-B3AA-1F6F64EEF38D

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. 7ED38C9A-29DB-4149-9BEF-6C6FBC37BA32

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. 91C1BC5D-B24D-4715-9A09-C08EC3F17014

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. 941A56A8-6F17-4DE7-A651-54F8FC89458B

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. 963FA907-8FA4-49A3-9942-5B5D4FD74CFA

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. B6329884-81D8-426D-A911-591EC809C608

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. 84F91D27-62F4-448F-A31D-E45F784F1544

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. 152D11A3-4028-45BC-9478-41660FBB8453

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. 9CC80B6D-7797-44CF-A1C2-AC58334A3FEA

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. CA86A2EA-89F6-4DF4-BF47-94235F3AB77C

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. F6A6DE6A-DD81-4E0D-98B0-696B28A100B7

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. 0E53E223-ADDD-4B62-85C4-2A6F736EFB46

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. 9C70C11F-8E5F-44F1-959F-75C1A68AB890

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. 5DDF5D5E-199C-46C3-B715-A8B6FA1753ED

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. BCD4BFE5-6B06-4BFA-86C9-F2536F701B75

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. DCE213B5-2C3E-4416-B83E-E7CDA8412E77

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. ABF4DEBB-D5CD-4FC1-A523-A0F818899167

Last edited:

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 JK Willys, 1999 TJ Sport, 1966 CJ5-A
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. IMG_8612
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. IMG_8613
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. IMG_8620
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. IMG_8622
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. IMG_8630
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. IMG_8649
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. IMG_8655
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. IMG_8665

Did some wheeling from Silverwood Lake to Lake Arrowhead.

Sponsored

bgrex

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara Altitude - Sting Gray
And behold: on Day 3, verily did I Jeepeth to the food mart, for the Crown demandeth comestibles apace; and most fleetingly did I stock my cart with sundries and miscellany, and I went forth triumphant and that I might later sup most agreeably.

Alas, the fair lady of the manor doth squeezeth thine noble Charmin :giggle:

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
BTW on our way back in the middle of Nebraska, we hit a deer at 70mph or so. The right tire got the main impact. Put my steering wheel 45 degrees to the left to keep it straight. Somehow we still made it to Chicago at a much lower speed of course. Took it today to the dealer and apparently the whole axle is broken almost in half. Not sure how we made it.

My buddies and I went on a road trip to Moab. We had to stay in Colorado the first night due to the snow storm last week. Once we made it to Utah, we camped inside this canyon about 5-10 min before Arches National Park. We had to drive up the canyon to reach the extremely remote camping site. First couple of nights we camped out in single digit weather. Never thought I would be able to do that outside lol! Throughout the week we hiked the devils garden in Arches and we did another hike in Canyonlands. We attempted to do the Shafer Trail but the sun was coming down fast and we decided to make a U-turn. Utah is full with many amazing things. Seeing all the badass rigs in Moab made me feel so welcomed. One of the most amazing trips I’ve ever had. Oh we traveled from Chicago btw.

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
BTW on our way back in the middle of Nebraska, we hit a deer at 70mph or so. The right tire got the main impact. Put my steering wheel 45 degrees to the left to keep it straight. Somehow we still made it to Chicago at a much lower speed of course. Took it today to the dealer and apparently the whole axle is broken almost in half. Not sure how we made it.
the axle shaft?