Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
At least you hit your bumpstops, hahaha cant say the same for mine :facepalm:
My front ones are off though, if you look real hard you can see, I’m hitting it but just barely, almost misses......not sure why, I think it has to do with higher caster.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. AAE23DB6-6C8D-4490-A863-567DA3D2302A
Sponsored

Last edited:

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
My front ones are off though, if you look real hard you can see, I’m hitting it but just barely, almost misses......not sure why, I think it has to do with higher caster.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. AAE23DB6-6C8D-4490-A863-567DA3D2302A
That looks pretty normal to me, thats how mine used to be too. Now they just go right over the back side lol. I think my arms are too long/not enough caster. Mixture of both. I dont know if yours can be fixed with flex, just the nature of the beast, i bet when you fully compress the axle it goes right in the center

jjonesx86

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Gates Foundation
Another day of teaching my kids to drive. I'm getting a very early head start...the oldest is 12 :) This time we took a side road and ran into a great forrest road that was open (NF-9021). Nothing crazy, but a lot of fun.

We hit a dead end up this trail, at least for anything wider than a motorcycle or perhaps I was just being cowardly.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. IMG_1785

You can't tell from the photo but the trail drops off into a three or four foot hole and any mistake would be very bad.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. IMG_1782

Rough terrain because I didn't take the time to air down but nothing challenging.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. IMG_1792

You have to stop by the waterfalls!
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. IMG_1796

Sponsored

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

Well about an hour ago, for the first time since owning her I became “concerned” when reversing down a loose off-camber trail beside a gully, alone of course & running out of daylight.. as usual the photo flattens the grade into nothing.. ah well we lived

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. 7FB3A920-4C06-48DF-B9F8-5410A783A2C0

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. 7DDC4911-A2B6-45E1-8E7A-7321834A1574

Last edited:

Hydroboy35th

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Well about an hour ago, for the first time since owning her I became “concerned” when reversing down a loose off-camber trail beside a gully, alone of course & running out of daylight.. as usual the photo flattens the grade into nothing.. ah well we lived

View attachment 320089

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. 7DDC4911-A2B6-45E1-8E7A-7321834A1574
Been there lol, me and the girlfriend got lost in the woods at windrock Park in the middle of the night. It’s always a good idea to wheel with a friend for situations like this.

Sponsored

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
Did some monster off roading last Sunday (not really). The wife and I drove up east of Clayton, GA and drove Hale Ridge Road. On the way to Clayton we stopped by the Stovall covered bridge.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. CoveredBridge

Rebuilt in 1895 it's the only covered bridge left in this area and has been closed to traffic for years.

After leaving the bridge we drove around the north shores of lake Seed and lake Raybun. Lots of old money from Atlanta tied up in real estate on lake Raybun. We then stopped in Clayton, picked up something for lunch and took Warwoman road out of Clayton to Hales Ridge Road. Hale Ridge is the main north/south forest service road through the Warwoman management area of the Chattahoochee National Forest. It runs ~10 miles north from Warwoman Road into North Carolina. I had never driven it before (no trout streams beside it) and didn't really know what to expect. It ended up being some gravel, some dirt with a few shallow washes that even a cave man in a Prius could handle. All water crossings were either in culverts or bridges. Had hoped to see some wildflowers but only saw a very few mountain laurel in bloom. Pretty uneventful but still a nice day to be out and about in the jeep.

Later,
Johnny