Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I practiced social distancing!

IMG_1739.JPG
My wife and I honeymooned in Savannah, at a B&B on the edge of Forsythe Park, back in October of 2016. It was days after a bad hurricane, so a lot of outdoor activities were closed due to damage, but it was still so beautiful and the people we met were very nice and welcoming. Your pic reminded me of our time spent exploring your neck of the woods. We loved it so much that we want to go back, but drive this time so we can explore deeper than our Chevy Malibu rental was capable of.

Thanks for bringing me back to that moment in time!

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
My wife and I honeymooned in Savannah, at a B&B on the edge of Forsythe Park, back in October of 2016. It was days after a bad hurricane, so a lot of outdoor activities were closed due to damage, but it was still so beautiful and the people we met were very nice and welcoming. Your pic reminded me of our time spent exploring your neck of the woods. We loved it so much that we want to go back, but drive this time so we can explore deeper than our Chevy Malibu rental was capable of.

I live in Savannah and It's very pretty right now. You may also want to consider Charleston, SC. Its a nicer version of SAV.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
The weather cleared again. Put my Half-doors back on Monday night. Tuesday high was 83. Great driving to and from work.

Today of course mother nature had to throw a curveball. Broke an old Record of 93 and hit 95 today.

I have noticed that without doors on more air does flow and 95 was ok but more than the 25 min drive I might have to call it hot.

The pollen right now is very high and I don't have many allergies but after drive, it does affect me some having Jeep open.

But still loving it. More people do check out the Jeep I have noticed. :like:

I can't post some off-road pics like Mr. Roky since my drive is on pavement and didn't save anyone on side of the road. ;)

So I will stick to my Jelly Biscuits for NOW !!!! ;) :sun: :jk:

Panels off with Half-doors 2.jpg

Sponsored

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Ive decided to buy a few shares of Smuckers today, as you Roky and seem to keep that company going !
Is that you in your new Avatar with fish? Or a photo of an outdoorsman ?

Sippican

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Vehicle Showcase
Added a new grill today. It couldn't be easier. 15 minutes, May paint it white or leave it black. Not sure.

Grill.jpg

Rangerhughes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon 2 door, 2020 Mercedes AMG 45, 2016 Jeep Cherokee, 2018 Dodge PW: 2017 Indian Chieftain
I live in Savannah and It's very pretty right now. You may also want to consider Charleston, SC. Its a nicer version of SAV.
I will have to politely disagree, I lived in Savannah for 14 years and being from NC visited friends in Charleston frequently, I prefer Sav over Charleston any day; Just to many good times at Malone's and KB's back in the day.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

jessieb30

First Name
Jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara

You are welcome! The debate between Savannah and Charleston will rage forever, but both of these cities and the spaces in and around them are worth exploring (that's where the backroads are)! Sorry you got a hurricane week:facepalm:. Best months to visit for weather and jeepin' are March and April into early May and October and November into early December, IMO.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
You are welcome! The debate between Savannah and Charleston will rage forever, but both of these cities and the spaces in and around them are worth exploring (that's where the backroads are)! Sorry you got a hurricane week:facepalm:. Best months to visit for weather and jeepin' are March and April into early May and October and November into early December, IMO.
The weather windows are much appreciated! Winter season is my off season with work, so we usually sneak away in between the holidays.

I showed your pic to my better half, and before I even said a word, she smiled and said "that looks exactly like that spot where we had a roadside picnic on our way to Charleston." Lol
Sponsored