First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLURXR 3.6L
Over the weekend took a group of four other Jeeps and two Broncos on an all day trail ride. For many in the group it was their first off-road experience, and they all had a blast!

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. CA735DB5-B265-4BBD-A919-3BE4634E0305

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. IMG_2961

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. GPTempDownload

Last edited:

BrentMG

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Cool. As just a great trip for both the experience in general and the off-road fun, I'd recommend a trip out to Big Bend National Park, if you've never been there. Went there with a couple of buddies two Novembers ago and man, that was such a fun experience.
I'd like to go down there just hurting for free time and that is a long drive from where I'm at. One day I'll make the trip.

BradyW

First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
Vehicle Showcase
I tested towing the JL for the first time and went to Cross Bar Ranch in Davis OK with my three oldest children.

I finally finished the trail onion patch which has some good climbs. I missed my line on the beginning of the big slab climb and had just the right amount of momentum to turtle out and require winching.

Onion Patch and Goat are both fun trails with a decent amount of challenge. Highly recommended.

IMG_4554.jpeg

IMG_4552.jpeg

IMG_4549.jpeg

IMG_4540.jpeg

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Finished off my Utah roadtrip with the Moki Dugway, Valley of the Gods and Monument Valley. I'll be driving back home to LA tomorrow.

Total trip miles: 1851

IMG_1398.jpg
IMG_1400.jpg
IMG_1405.jpg
IMG_1414.jpg
When you got to the top of Moki Dugway, did you go to the left at drive down to the overlook?

You would have seen views like this.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. 1684841128013

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. 1684841166448

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. 1684841220511

Well, what did you think about the Valley of the Gods? Was it worth the little bit of extra time to drive through and did you like it more or less that Monument Valley?

SadRobot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport
When you got to the top of Moki Dugway, did you go to the left at drive down to the overlook?

You would have seen views like this.

1684841128013.png

1684841166448.png

1684841220511.png

Well, what did you think about the Valley of the Gods? Was it worth the little bit of extra time to drive through and did you like it more or less that Monument Valley?
I did do the drive down. No clouds though and it was a bit foggy so the view wasn't as dramatic. I was also expecting a much sketchier drive down. My friend who told me about the Moki Dugway made it sound super dangerous and instead it was just a two lane wide smooth dirt road with only a few switchbacks. 🤷‍♀️

I drove through Valley of the Gods and Monument Valley. I'd say Valley of the Gods was better just because there were less crowds. I probably could have done without doing Monument Valley and not feel like I missed out on anything. A lot of confused tourists driving the wrong way down a one way road out in Monument valley.

Last edited:

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I did do the drive down. No clouds though and it was a bit foggy so the view wasn't as dramatic. I was also expecting a much sketchier drive down. My friend who told me about the Moki Dugway made it sound super dangerous and instead it was just a two lane wide smooth dirt road with only a few switchbacks. 🤷‍♀️

I drove through Valley of the Gods and Monument Valley. I'd say Valley of the Gods was better just because there were less crowds. I probably could have done without doing Monument Valley and not feel like I missed out on anything. A lot of confused tourists driving the wrong way down a one way road out in Monument valley.
I drove a convertible Camaro up Moki Dugway. It is dirt, but not sketchy at all.

jbcrane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21.JLU.6MT.GCM.35.4.88.ZEON12
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technical/Indstrial 3D Animator
Vehicle Showcase
Over the weekend drove 800 miles up and down passes from Colorado's Front Range to Western Slope and back. Averaged 22.2 mpg. Happy with that fuel economy considering lift & tires (I care more about range per tank than numerical fuel economy).

Here are a few numbers:
  1. 3.6L (non-eTorque)
  2. 87 Oct. fuel
  3. Average speeds in the 65-75mph range
  4. 315's
  5. 2" Mopar lift
  6. 4.88 gears (MT)
  7. 238 lbs of steel bumper, winch, track bars & skids
  8. Up and down numerous passes
As an aside, I hear a lot of talk about fuel economy being impacted by re-gearing. Honestly, I don't know what's supposed to happen (a drop or rise because of higher rpm's) - but what has happened is fuel economy improved. I'm easily able to hold 4th and sometimes 5th going up inclines - at altitude. Emphatically believe esp. the manual transmissions with 35's need to come standard with at least 4.56, preferably 4.88's.
Just sayin'...

Sponsored

Al G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLU
I drove it to Sky Harbor airport last night to pick up my wife. While sitting in the cellphone lot a gentleman started walking towards me. He took a close look at my front bumper and said "I made your bumper. " Then he introduced himself as James, owner of Rock Hard 4x4. Really nice guy. We talked for about 15 minutes about lots of stuff. I found out he lives less than 10 miles from me.

T.Pigott

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Rubicon 2018 Grand Cherokee Overland HA
Occupation
Soldier
Vehicle Showcase
Took a drive through the Training Areas at lunch.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. 20230523_124738

I took the end caps off the bumper yesterday in preparation to install my winch plate and winch this weekend.

Mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
I drove it to Sky Harbor airport last night to pick up my wife. While sitting in the cellphone lot a gentleman started walking towards me. He took a close look at my front bumper and said "I made your bumper. " Then he introduced himself as James, owner of Rock Hard 4x4. Really nice guy. We talked for about 15 minutes about lots of stuff. I found out he lives less than 10 miles from me.
I though they were in Nebraska 🤷‍♂️
Good thing you didn’t get spooked him creepin up on you and shoot him!
Sponsored