What did you do WITH your Jeep today.

AdamG

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLSportS
No I dont think the bumper and winch are super heavy. It has only rubbed once and it was backing full left lock to turn around in that 3-4 foot half-pipe i was in. And it sounded like fender/liner and was light like the outer knobs just licking the plastic. I am at full articulation in the second shot you can see its not too jammed up in the wheel well like the back was. I was surprised the back was not rubbing. The back spacers are 1.5 inch and fronts are 1 inch. Esp after the spare tire delete the back is way up in the air as compared to front. I am gonna let it settle some more and may bump up the front a bit.

This kit...
https://www.extremeterrain.com/teraflex-15-performance-spacer-lift-kit-2018-jeep-jl-2-door.html
Have the same kit, works perfect for the 33s, especially as a gateway drug.
Sponsored

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon 2-Dr
Have the same kit, works perfect for the 33s, especially as a gateway drug.
Yep. I was all proud of my spacer lift self-install. Then I immediately thought, "I should have gone bigger. "

Sponsored

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

I did the Elbow Canyon Trail just outside of Mesquite, NV today. It is a moderate trail when dry. In snow, ... not recommended.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. 392 Elbow Canyon
How hard was that extraction?

3TV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR 392
How hard was that extraction?
It wasn't too terribly bad. The worst part was that the nearest anchor point that was at the correct angle was quite a distance away. I needed the entire winch rope, down to the last wind around the drum, and a tree saver strap to hook up. Luckily the winch was able to spool in another few winds around the drum before the pulling got heavy. Every time I tried to use the Jeep to help the winch, the Jeep would just slide farther into the washout. When I let the winch just dead pull the Jeep out on its own it worked well.

Last edited:

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

It wasn't too terribly bad. The worst part was that the nearest anchor point that was at the correct angle was quite a distance away. I needed the entire winch rope, down to the last wind around the drum, and a tree saver strap to hook up. Luckily the winch was able to spool in another few winds around the drum before the pulling got heavy. Every time I tried to use the Jeep to help the winch, the Jeep would just slide farther into the washout. When I let the winch just dead pull the Jeep out on its own it worked well.
Yeah I was wondering if trying to help drive out of it would make it worse. I guessed right and why I asked. Glad to hear you had enough gear and got it done. Nice job!

RudeJeepin

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
I did the Elbow Canyon Trail just outside of Mesquite, NV today. It is a moderate trail when dry. In snow, ... not recommended.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. 392 Elbow Canyon
3 things come to mind with that picture.
1, the obvious, too bad someone wasn't following you.
2, rear/receiver mounted with would of been handy.
3, a solid winch sure comes in handy.

Been more than one occasion I've had to pull myself out, knowing that I'd eventually have to go back through the same spot in the other direction.

Sponsored