What did you do WITH your Jeep today.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I love mine and almost pulled the trigger on an impact wrench to go alongside it, except I already have a DeWalt impact wrench.
The M12 Fuel 1/2" impact, with a 6Ah battery, was a lifesaver when I replaced the rear struts on Offspring's Honda.

DIYing that job saved me six(!) C-notes when compared to the dealer quote. That savings paid for the impact wrench, and then some ("then some" being a follow-up purchase of some sweet M855 ;)).

Peace be upon the name of Aerokroil, too.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. Struts
Sponsored

1Evil55

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport
$150.00, on sale. Regularly $160.00. I remember them being $99.00 when they first appeared on the M12 display shelf, a few years ago. Dummy me for dithering so long...

The free 2Ah battery, normally $65.00, made the ratchet's price a bit easier to bear.

The aforementioned are Ace Hardware prices. They are usually a bit lower on Amazon, where ChiCom clone batteries, etc. are also sold.

I willingly paid a bit more at Ace Hdwe since I'll earn coupons and other rewards based on the amount of the purchase transaction. I've used those coupons when buying 3M Filtrete furnace filters and other pricey consumables, so it all circles back eventually.
Not to upset you but Home Depot had the same set up that also included a sawzall and charger for $150. I was shopping for the wrench not long ago and stumbled across the HD deal.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Not to upset you but Home Depot had the same set up that also included a sawzall and charger for $150. I was shopping for the wrench not long ago and stumbled across the HD deal.
Remember my lined-out "rabbit hole" comment? I already own the uparmored Hackzall, and probably half a dozen of the free chargers that accompany selected tool promotions. A fair share of my M12 inventory was purchased at Home Depot. ;)

...and it follows that I'll require the approval of Inspector Paws before putting the new tool into service.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. 20220812_130104

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. 20220812_130114

Last edited:

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

Picked my old girl up from the veterinarian's hospital Sunday. The surgery was a success and they removed a 20cm tumour and her spleen. No visible signs that it was cancerous or had metastasized.

She’s been home resting, but was happy for another Jeep Ride.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. 20220812_130114
For those curious, the biopsy results finally came back from the lab. Unfortunately, Paisley has an aggressive form of cancer that has moved to her liver. The pathologist said most dogs with it have about three months at this stage. We just heard last night and are still processing the news.

OldBlue

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See my Signature
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Aerospace Forgings Test Lab
Vehicle Showcase
For those curious, the biopsy results finally came back from the lab. Unfortunately, Paisley has an aggressive form of cancer that has moved to her liver. The pathologist said most dogs with it have about three months at this stage. We just heard last night and are still processing the news.
So sorry. We've had a few dogs, and this is tough. I suppose the only thing to do at this stage is to keep her as comfy and happy as you can. That may mean many Jeep rides.

Sponsored

AdamG

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLSportS
Similar for us too buddy. Hemangiosarcoma. Gonna speak to an oncologist in 2 weeks just to see what they say, but likely the poor guy doesn’t have long. Sucks hard cuz he’s recovering so well, doesn’t make sense that he probably has less than 6 months. Now if you’ll excuse me, I seem to have some dirt in my eyes…

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

I love mine and almost pulled the trigger on an impact wrench to go alongside it, except I already have a DeWalt impact wrench.
That’s where I’m at... a full stable of DeWalt 20v tools but dammit they don’t a right angle impact driver… how come? I’m too far down the yellow road to move to Milwaukee.

jbcrane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21.JLU.6MT.GCM.35.4.88.ZEON12
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technical/Indstrial 3D Animator
Vehicle Showcase
Finally drove up Penoch Pass west of Fort Collins and found some new Forest Service roads to explore. Great day.

DE0F0985-5596-415C-BD2A-26A32E14E25D.jpeg

E8E76A5A-6C71-44B1-A208-FB27A5FFEB18.jpeg

4DBBE8D3-34E6-459A-9A9C-0F427EFB77FA.jpeg

jbcrane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Similar for us too buddy. Hemangiosarcoma. Gonna speak to an oncologist in 2 weeks just to see what they say, but likely the poor guy doesn’t have long. Sucks hard cuz he’s recovering so well, doesn’t make sense that he probably has less than 6 months. Now if you’ll excuse me, I seem to have some dirt in my eyes…
One of life’s most tragic injustices: that man’s best friend has such a short life span compared to ours. Sincere sympathies to you both.

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Finally drove up Penoch Pass west of Fort Collins and found some new Forest Service roads to explore. Great day.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. 4DBBE8D3-34E6-459A-9A9C-0F427EFB77FA

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. 4DBBE8D3-34E6-459A-9A9C-0F427EFB77FA

I love photography... last pic is impressive.

Sponsored

jbcrane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I love photography... last pic is impressive.
Thanks Mark. Didn’t have my film camera with me so the iPhone had to be enough. The recent fire up there has produced dramatic landscapes, especially with new growth contrasted against burn scarring.

Jaeth

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.standardroofingok.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Remember my lined-out "rabbit hole" comment? I already own the uparmored Hackzall, and probably half a dozen of the free chargers that accompany selected tool promotions. A fair share of my M12 inventory was purchased at Home Depot. ;)

...and it follows that I'll require the approval of Inspector Paws before putting the new tool into service.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. 9DC4470F-495D-45C6-BCF6-E9660D55F065

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. 9DC4470F-495D-45C6-BCF6-E9660D55F065
Do you have the m12 stubby impact? It says 250ft lbs which should be plenty, but I’m hesitant that it will do the job

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T