What did you do WITH your Jeep today.

jadewolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sport (sold), 2021 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Great picture-what are you using for a camera?
Thanks!

Using a Nikon D500. Shot this with a Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 wide lens. 12 exposure stacked for the sky, plus two exposures for the foreground.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Last Wednesday, I rescued a kitten from the highway, using my motorcycle tank bag for off-label cargo. :)

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. KR1

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. KR3

This morning, I drove him to the inaugural vet appt. in the Jeep. He was as quiet as a church mouse. As it's still quite warm outside, I had the A/C on Recirc to keep him comfortable.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. KV1

2.5 lbs.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. KV3

Back home after a good checkup.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. G1

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
I undid all that time I spent with the pressure washer last weekend. I also finally managed to get stuck.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. 1631587186356

I don't have pictures of getting stuck, because I forgot my waders, and I had no desire to step out into knee deep muck water to go take pictures.

I've been through that hole plenty of times. I have pictures in that hole of water up to my rock rails, but that was before the lift and tires. Apparently, even though it hasn't rained in awhile, either that hole got deeper or I took a different line through it this time. I got in water up to my rock rails on the lift and tires.

What happened was I went into the hole in 2nd gear in 4 low, hit some grabby mud, bogged down, and stalled out. No problem. I'll just restart the engine, back up a little, and try again.

The engine died instantly. I tried starting it several times. My tailpipes were under water, and I might as well have shoved a potato up both tailpipes.

Well shit.

There's a tree over there I could reach with my winch line if I wanted to get in nasty muck water up to my knees, but I would have to run it purely off the batteries. That's not a good idea. I stand a good chance of killing the batteries and not being able to restart the Jeep.

Well shit!

I pondered on it for awhile, and hit on the idea of flooring it as I started it. That worked. I was able to blow the water out. I slammed it into first gear and floored it while rocking the steering wheel to let those Mickey Thompsons claw their way through the muck. I probably traveled six feet sideways, and basically whatever path this thing clawed out was whatever path I was taking.

I got out.

That kind of scared me, to be honest. At first, I was afraid I had hydrolocked the engine. It was just sitting there with steam pouring off of it from the rancid muck water evaporating off the block.

But no, I got out of it. Didn't even use my winch. Since this hole scared me so badly, I made a point to flip around and go right back through it. I bogged in the same place, but I powered through it that time. When a horse throws you off, you get right back on.

So yeah, that was definitely interesting. I probably should stop wheeling alone, because having a buddy around is great at times like that, but I wheel alone, because I have to wheel alone or not wheel at all. My schedule just sucks.

Sponsored

OldMarine

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
Last Wednesday, I rescued a kitten from the highway, using my motorcycle tank bag for off-label cargo. :)

This morning, I drove him to the inaugural vet appt. in the Jeep. He was as quiet as a church mouse. As it's still quite warm outside, I had the A/C on Recirc to keep him comfortable.

2.5 lbs.

Back home after a good checkup.

Nice looking little guy. Great job saving the kitten.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I undid all that time I spent with the pressure washer last weekend. I also finally managed to get stuck.

I don't have pictures of getting stuck, because I forgot my waders, and I had no desire to step out into knee deep muck water to go take pictures.

I've been through that hole plenty of times. I have pictures in that hole of water up to my rock rails, but that was before the lift and tires. Apparently, even though it hasn't rained in awhile, either that hole got deeper or I took a different line through it this time. I got in water up to my rock rails on the lift and tires.

What happened was I went into the hole in 2nd gear in 4 low, hit some grabby mud, bogged down, and stalled out. No problem. I'll just restart the engine, back up a little, and try again.

The engine died instantly. I tried starting it several times. My tailpipes were under water, and I might as well have shoved a potato up both tailpipes.

Well shit.

There's a tree over there I could reach with my winch line if I wanted to get in nasty muck water up to my knees, but I would have to run it purely off the batteries. That's not a good idea. I stand a good chance of killing the batteries and not being able to restart the Jeep.

Well shit!

I pondered on it for awhile, and hit on the idea of flooring it as I started it. That worked. I was able to blow the water out. I slammed it into first gear and floored it while rocking the steering wheel to let those Mickey Thompsons claw their way through the muck. I probably traveled six feet sideways, and basically whatever path this thing clawed out was whatever path I was taking.

I got out.

That kind of scared me, to be honest. At first, I was afraid I had hydrolocked the engine. It was just sitting there with steam pouring off of it from the rancid muck water evaporating off the block.

But no, I got out of it. Didn't even use my winch. Since this hole scared me so badly, I made a point to flip around and go right back through it. I bogged in the same place, but I powered through it that time. When a horse throws you off, you get right back on.

So yeah, that was definitely interesting. I probably should stop wheeling alone, because having a buddy around is great at times like that, but I wheel alone, because I have to wheel alone or not wheel at all. My schedule just sucks.
Yeah.... a buddy is good , but don’t count on him walking through that mud hole either to get your winch line, or bring you his, unless you have something on him.......😉

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Yeah.... a buddy is good , but don’t count on him walking through that mud hole either to get your winch line, or bring you his, unless you have something on him.......😉
If he is ride or die, he will. Gary climbed out the window grabbed the strap and hooked it up to the front bumper.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. 1631623543092

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
If he is ride or die, he will. Gary climbed out the window grabbed the strap and hooked it up to the front bumper.

1631623543092.png
Yeah, of course a friend is going to help you out, it was just a mild attempt at humor.....🥴

Sponsored

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
:CWL:

I was really thinking more along the lines of having a way out of the woods if I did kill the engine, and having somebody outside the mud hole. It's my mess, I'll wade through the muck. Especially since I'm never going wheeling without my waders again. I honestly figured there would be less water than last week, and the water wasn't that deep last week. It must have rained over there without my noticing.

This whole thing has got me thinking how I need to get my friends to stop talking about it and come wheeling, or make new friends. I know two guys who would probably be willing to come rescue me if I did get stranded, but neither one of them would be able to find me very easily. You have to get through a lot to get to the places where I would most likely get stranded. You can't just put the coordinates into GPS and navigate there. Although you can find the bad mud hole on satellite view.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. 1631641729867

Anyway, I swapped numbers with a guy I met out there on the trail a couple of times. It goes against my nature as a bitter misanthrope, but I should cultivate a deeper relationship with the only person I know who knows these trails.

geem03

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Occupation
RN/ Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
Well...good news and bad news...

GOOD
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. 20210914_135219

Fracture is stable and now my beautiful wife can walk on it😁👍

BAD

Lost my pirate wife... it was kinda exciting to be able to say I was married to a pirate☠☠☠
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. 20210914_134523

and lost my beverage holder🥺
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. 20210830_182819

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
Well...good news and bad news...

GOOD

Fracture is stable and now my beautiful wife can walk on it😁👍

BAD

Lost my pirate wife... it was kinda exciting to be able to say I was married to a pirate☠☠☠

and lost my beverage holder🥺
Great to hear she is doing well! Despite your evil wishes to the contrary. lol

LittleDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara JLU
Camped out of my 4xe with my partner and a friend at FS 4w301 in the Hawkins ORV, near Roslyn, WA.

I ran about half the 4wd trail before returning to the main road to reach our hiking trailhead. The awning, and our setup seems to be working out well.
I see you moved the rack mounts.

Great setup you have there. How much time would you say it takes to open and close the awning, with one person?
Sponsored