Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 JK Willys, 1999 TJ Sport, 1966 CJ5-A
How your liking the rt4 kit?
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. IMG_1004.JPG

So far it has been great! The brackets for the arms do hang a bit lower. The rear has a nice slope to skid off it though. I think there is give and take with any kit. The performance is worth the lower bracket. Good excite to get bigger tires, lol. You can see in this picture I smashed the rear passenger side a bit. If you don't go in big rocks, it will never be an issue. It rides so much smoother off-road. Drive good on road, still drives like a Jeep. Off-road is where this kit comes in strong. Instead of the axles swinging out and up and jerking you around, it is so much smoother and stable. There is no bind in the IR joints. Plus at high speeds and hitting whoops, very good. Took me a minute to realize and figure out a new noise. It was the Speed Bumps. Nothing bad, just a new sound. Been driving around with the shocks on 2.2 setting. Still newly installed, we will see how it goes. But so far, I really like it.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. IMG_1004.JPG

So far it has been great! The brackets for the arms do hang a bit lower. The rear has a nice slope to skid off it though. I think there is give and take with any kit. The performance is worth the lower bracket. Good excite to get bigger tires, lol. You can see in this picture I smashed the rear passenger side a bit. If you don't go in big rocks, it will never be an issue. It rides so much smoother off-road. Drive good on road, still drives like a Jeep. Off-road is where this kit comes in strong. Instead of the axles swinging out and up and jerking you around, it is so much smoother and stable. There is no bind in the IR joints. Plus at high speeds and hitting whoops, very good. Took me a minute to realize and figure out a new noise. It was the Speed Bumps. Nothing bad, just a new sound. Been driving around with the shocks on 2.2 setting. Still newly installed, we will see how it goes. But so far, I really like it.
Thanks for the Insight. I currently have the JKS mfg short arm kit with 2.5" lift and HD springs. I love my setup but the more i take the jeep out the more articulation i want LOL I kow im pretty limited with the short arm kit. So In the next year or two would love to go to a long arm kit.. Thanks again. Ill keep this all in mind!

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T

Sponsored

Ratiogear

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
Parked inside the garage with the top down. Then put the top back up. Been having random moths attacking me/trying to get out driver's window every time I get in the car.

Been 5 moth attacks so far.

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the Insight. I currently have the JKS mfg short arm kit with 2.5" lift and HD springs. I love my setup but the more i take the jeep out the more articulation i want LOL I kow im pretty limited with the short arm kit. So In the next year or two would love to go to a long arm kit.. Thanks again. Ill keep this all in mind!
It is a lot of work to install, but worth it. I had to remove both axles, gas tank, entire exhaust and skids. Lots of cutting and grinding. Fun, just takes time. Plus had to do some custom fabricating and welding to get my sliders back on because of the new long arm bracket locations. Not something you want to rush. I had the Mopar lift for a few year. This has been a huge step up.

Sponsored

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Great photo.

I can't hear or read San Dimas without being reminded of William & Theodore. ;)
Strange things are a foot at the Circle K!

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Nothing like the Country side pictures.

With little input from @Roky installed my 3" cube lights today and tested just know.

20210802_163747.jpg

20210802_211019.jpg

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Wife and I went looking for an old ghost town, not much left just some stairs to a root cellar or it’s a cow vat, no one seems to know for sure. It was a town in 1880s thru early 1930s.......

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. B86EED0C-A144-48D2-9C1B-FE1971ED3ED0

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. 6BE1DB75-0121-4883-AC93-B34FE2D2D2E2

Only thing living here now is this guy..........

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. 6635C261-231A-4CCD-AEF6-8BACA608FDF9

Then we went and got a little mud on the tires......🙂

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. C63D66B1-8E51-49C5-BA70-F2528AE1602B